🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
WayneMiller

Electric Boogaloo - The Wild Story Of Cannon Films

That's a good doc, but it's also incredibly depressing. The Batman guy is kind of a douche, so his particular brand of crazy goes down easier. But the Superman dude's story was kind of heartbreaking.

Yeah Batman was certifiably insane, especially with him rambling about a mob hitman. Superman was crazy in that he believed that he was the illegitimate child of Sandy Dennis, and that he had been there at her deathbed. At least the guy playing Hulk seemed like he had a real chance of breaking through.

It also reminds me of the Paul F. Tompkins bit about the performer who dressed up as Freddy Kreuger and stabbed a guy, after watching this I'm amazed stuff like that doesn't happen more often.

That's a good doc, but it's also incredibly depressing. The Batman guy is kind of a douche, so his particular brand of crazy goes down easier. But the Superman dude's story was kind of heartbreaking.

Hi! Relative nub to the forum, just watched the Cannon doc and had seen Confessions a while back. The doc didn't really go anywhere, but the impersonators (especially Superman) were kind of charming in their delusions. I actually felt so bad for Superman when he lost that impersonator contest in...Kansas?Some rural town. Living near Times Square, I see the creepy Elmos and Buzz Lightyears in their dirty costumes and believe me, the LA street impersonators are not nearly as bad as their NYC counterparts.

I used to live right across from "Superman" in L.A. The guy was...odd.

People in the apartment complex would hang out in the courtyard. The ONLY two things superman talked about in group get togethers was appearences and events as superman, and trying to trick people into eating these super hot peppers that grew on a bush there. Not a single other topic of group conversation from him the entire year I lived there.

His apartment was completely filled with Superman memorabilia. Display cases of Superman figures, Superman cereal boxes lining the walls, Superman figures hanging from strings, walls plastered with fake Daily Planet issues, etc. It was so packed with Superman crap that there wasn't even room for a bed. He had one couch and that's where he slept, not even a pull out. There was a one foot wide path from the door to the kitchen, where the sink was completely covered by so many boxes that it would take 5 minutes to clear them all so the only source of running water was the bathoom. The apartment also REEKED. His pet rats and the mentioned lack of running water meant the whole thing smelled like a zoo.

Constant shouting matches heard through the walls with his manager slash not really girlfriend.

His one non-superman hobby was listening to audio clips with dirty words. He would constantly invite me to listen to dirty Christmas song parodies. Would listen to Richard Pryor's "Super Nigger" bit over and over on loop.

Would constantly creep on every girl who just moved in, promising them a ton of exposure and contacts because he was on Jimmy Kimmel.

Sign in to follow this