🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Hey_B_Ry

The Stepford Wives (2004)

This movie is everything you want in a HDTGM picture...

Huge Bomb, lost $40M

Needless remake of a classic movie

Directed by Frank Oz, a go-to Jason reference

Singers who have no business being in movies (Faith Hill)

Jokes that belong in Old Dogs

Christopher Walken sleepwalking through it

Zombie Matthew Broderick (making his Deck the Halls performance look like Evil Ernest)

Questionable Android/Robot logistics

Nicole Kidman trying to do comedy (she makes JLo look like Gilda Radner)

A human remote control like in Click (BTW, do Click too)

Honestly, it's a Nic Cage, Stallone, or Hulk Hogan away from being the most HDTGM thing ever.

How has this not brought up enough? Everyone has admitted that they regretted doing this one and this pretty much wrecked Frank Oz's directing career as a whole.

This movie was crazy bad. Poor Bette Midler was giving it her all, too bad there wasnt anything that she could have done to save this garbage.

As I recall, they aren't even consistent about whether the wives are robots or merely mind-controlled by brain implants. Tons of last minute reshoots turned this thing into a continuity nightmare.

• Like 1

The movie's only redeeming quality is Jon Lovitz's reaction to the picture/projector when he says, "It's a painting again." I'm of the belief that he was just watching what was occurring and was flabbergasted by this witchcraft and reacted by saying "It's a painting again." I like to think Jon Lovitz never watched Mr. Rogers and had been ignorant of this technology up to the Stepford Wives point.

• Like 1

As I recall, they aren't even consistent about whether the wives are robots or merely mind-controlled by brain implants. Tons of last minute reshoots turned this thing into a continuity nightmare.

Yeah they make it seem like with Nicole Kidman that its just an implant. But when Faith Hills neck starts sparking and she starts doing insane spins on the dance floor, I feel like they were trying to make it seem like they were robots.

Its like they had two producers with opposing views on the situation and they both won.

I just watched rewatched this and it's an absolute continuity nightmare.

Sign in to follow this