🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

I'm coming in fresh from seeing this movie and I don't know if I should tell you this movie was good or bad but if you're fans of those WTF moments in cinema history then you guys/girls out there need to check out this movie HORNS. I knew it was based off a book and it was staring DanielRadcliff but not much else I wasn't sure what to expect and to be honest I don't quite know how to explain it still. That said, this film starts off off outrageous and Then only continues to out-do itself from there. Everytime I get used to a new WTF they throw a new one in my face, seriously! I also got really into it (I now that sounds wierd) but I laughed thru like 1/2 the movie (in a good way). The flick was available Ondemand but it should be coming to theaters this month as well. Some movies are so bad they're good.

• Like 1

Seconded!

Saw it at an indie cinema a few weeks ago on a date and we were both sharing WTF moments the whole way through. Laughing half the time, and straight up dumbfounded for the other half. Horrible wandering plot structure, weird pace that keeps you thinking the movie is about to end but NOPE just another WTF moment...

While the movie is crazy and would be good for the show, it was a really good adaptation of the book. Unfortunately, like with most adaptations there was not enough time to delve further into what was happening. The book went into a bit more detail about how the main character figured out how the horns worked and what he could do with them, along with there being a bit more time between when his girlfriend was murdered and the start of the actual story so there was a unsettling unease around him rather than a vicious fervor against him for a crime he did not commit.

I kind of liked this movie, was better then expected based on peoples reactions to it. so maybe I had lowered expectations but found myself enjoying the story even if they really never did explain the Horns and the demon like powers. Hey it was better then Hellboy.

The book just gives a guess as to why he got the horns, from when he desecrated the memorial for his girlfriend. The movie sort of hovers on the memorial after he pees on it, making it seem that was the cause the possession or whatever it may be.

Daniel Radcliffe finishes his mission of getting as far away from he Harry Potter franchise as physically possible with his leading role in Horns. I have spent the last week trying to figure out whats worse: Radcliffes terrible American accent, or that the first line is "I'm horny". So enjoy this Netflix available film from one absurd plot twist to the next. You will leave this film truly confused and will be forced to go back and watch every Harry Potter film just to look at Radcliffe again.

Sign in to follow this