🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 315 — Sandwich Therapy

Does anyone else find it funny that the most common way we find out that there will be a b-b-b-bonus-s-s-s ep is that Scott says the plugs theme artist will be famous for less than one week?

I like that Scott can't just say "You'll be famous for a week" if it's not true. He has to mean it. He's a pretty literal guy.

• Like 1

My only objection is that knowing there will be an episode before it's released is a form of spoilies.

• Like 4

"Closing up the plug bayg bongy bing bong bong bing 'Close it up, clooose it up, close it up cloooose it up' BROW"... that's a good song.

Scott needs to figure out how to start a game so that the guests immediately get how it's played! It's too hard to stitch together a pun about giraffes, businessmen, and Valentine's Day. Three things is too many. Something simper like "What did the giraffe give to his girlfriend on Valentine's Day?" or "What did the giraffe say to the businessman?" would have a chance of prompting a guest to think of a funny pun. Ken Marino's question would have been a good opener, but the game was already broken at that point.

I think he also needs to say that the answer should be a pun. No one seems to get that. He explains the game by saying that they're looking for the "best answer," but no one knows what that means.

He needs to call them jokes instead of riddles. He's looking for his guests to craft jokes, not riddles.

• Like 3

Joe Wengert : eating bread :: Andy Daly : committing suicide

Seriously, at least once a day my brain conjures the phrase, "mow down on some bread," and it is always a delight. ALWAYS.

• Like 3

I'm begging you, please don't play that commercial jingle ever again.

I agree. This song is terrible. It doesn't even have anything in the lyrics telling us that it's a good song. I can't believe that it was considered acceptable.

SCOTT YOU ARE COMPROMISING THE GOOD NAME OF THE EARWOLF BRAND

• Like 1

Scott describing Bill Cosby's audience cheering him cursing is one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

(aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!) He Said it!

• Like 2

Seriously, at least once a day my brain conjures the phrase, "mow down on some bread," and it is always a delight. ALWAYS.

I think of the same thing, but in my head its Kroll as Gil Faizon talking about mowing down on some nice olive loaf from Sbarr's

Scott describing Bill Cosby's audience cheering him cursing is one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

(aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!) He Said it!

Such a great bit.

If I could draw I'd be working on a picture of Dr. Pensacola spinning and eating that pizza.

yes.

And I would be working on him crouched at the end of a hot dog assembly line as dog after dog falls into his open mouth.

• Like 2

My only objection is that knowing there will be an episode before it's released is a form of spoilies.

Agreed! I like to be surprised when there's a b-b-b-bonus.

And why do these episodes have names! That also spoils it. I knew sandwiches were going to play a role in this episode before I even started it!

Recipe for 7 Layer Dip of Gratitude:

Rose Petals

Feathers

Rose Petals

Feathers

Sour Cream

Rose Petals

Feathers

Serve in a refrigerated room.

• Like 3

So what, are we just supposed to pretend that the Going to the Break Tune from the first Benny Swaz/Horatio Sanz episode never happened??

I am INFURIATED that Scott can't instantly recall hundreds of episodes worth of bits

• Like 9

I am INFURIATED that Scott can't instantly recall hundreds of episodes worth of bits

That's what we're for!

• Like 2

So what, are we just supposed to pretend that the Going to the Break Tune from the first Benny Swaz/Horatio Sanz episode never happened??

I do love this song. It gets stuck in my head from time to time.

• Like 1

just finished watching Marry Me and I was surprised at how great it was. I was a big fan of Happy Endings, so I shouldn't have been... but the conceit of the pilot was brilliant, especially the first scene. let's just hope this show doesn't go the way of most smart sitcoms on basic cable and die a swift, quiet death overnight... I'd rather see it suffer slowly over several seasons and finally end up on Friday nights where they force it to its figurative knees and put a bullet in its figurative head.

in short, fuck NBC and all these other networks that fill up the schedules with low-brow, pandering nonsense so shows like this one get the axe just because most the network's viewership are lower than the lowest common denominator. as they say, the tallest blade of grass always the first to be cut... rant rant rant, etc.

jesus, what am I saying...? we're in the golden age of television here, people. REJOICE!

• Like 1

best part was at the beginning when casey rose wilson shut down scott's big/little screen talk with "that's all good stuff, scott"

also WENGERT IS THE TRUTH

just finished watching Marry Me and I was surprised at how great it was. I was a big fan of Happy Endings, so I shouldn't have been... but the conceit of the pilot was brilliant, especially the first scene. let's just hope this show doesn't go the way of most smart sitcoms on basic cable and die a swift, quiet death overnight... I'd rather see it suffer slowly over several seasons and finally end up on Friday nights where they force it to its figurative knees and put a bullet in its figurative head.

in short, fuck NBC and all these other networks that fill up the schedules with low-brow, pandering nonsense so shows like this one get the axe just because most the network's viewership are lower than the lowest common denominator. as they say, the tallest blade of grass always the first to be cut... rant rant rant, etc.

jesus, what am I saying...? we're in the golden age of television here, people. REJOICE!

I watched it and loved it as well. one of the best sitcom pilots I've seen in a long time.

it was really great, the cast is awesome (gemberlicking is going to be the mvp of this show) and the writing is top notch, so many funny scenes, they somehow made a joke about the Challenger disaster work completly

gemberlicking is going to be the mvp of this show

I completely agree. the scene where he was talking about all the stuff he would put in the small pocket on the back of the shirt was hilarious... and him just assuming he has HPV got me pretty good.

I also hope the minor characters in this episode like Danielle Schneider and Rob Huebel continue to make appearances.

"if that's your blue Camry out front, really great parking job..."

• Like 1

Anyone else feel like Scott almost did the Never Not Funny sign off at the end of the podcast and then caught himself and started laughing? It was something like "We'll see you next time onnnnn the podcast..."

• Like 1

Anyone else feel like Scott almost did the Never Not Funny sign off at the end of the podcast and then caught himself and started laughing? It was something like "We'll see you next time onnnnn the podcast..."

I've noticed Scott do that quite a few times recently, haha. I think Scott's a big NNF fan though so maybe that's his little tribute.

Great eppy! Casey is fun. Ken is fun. That's important in a fun show. I found Joe's character audibly abrasive but regardless of that, I liked him and was consistently surprised by the twists and turns he took with it. Very Merrill Shindler-like in several regards.

Riddle Me This continues to be a progressively worsening trainwreck. It's a fantastic idea and has gotten some fantastic content but it requires a better format or explanation. It's fun watching these bits evolve though. I'm willing to be patient with it. Scotty knows what he's doing.

Speaking of Ol'Scottrick and that Marry Me show, I swear he had to be involved in the later restaurant sketch. The timing. The language. The over-stale literalness and curt formalness of Ken and Casey's banter at one point is just spot on Aukerman.

Speaking of that Marry Me show, and just the show now, it was about as good as a pilot for a rom-com-sit-com-dom-a-wom can be. My only fear is that the amazing John Gemberling, STAR OF FAT GUY IN THE INTERNET AND MANAGER OF MC CHRIS, might be called a 'discount Zach Galifianakis' in this harsh era of lazily associating bearded white men who are funny with their alpha.