🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 95.5 — Minisode 95.5

Finally watched this for the first time. I didn't think this was really a bad movie at all and a lot of fun at parts, but holy shit do you need a lot of patience. I was ready to throw in the towel at the 45 minute mark and then it started getting good. Strange the read that the studio fucked with the final product so much and kept it so long.

Did I read that the studio insisted on a happy ending? I would have preferred a standard dark Romero ending. For example, Allan wakes up from a coma in an empty hospital. As he is putting on his pants, he finds a penny, but the head on the penny is Ape Lincoln!!!! ... No, that would be dumb. Sorry.

• Like 1

I'm about 30 mins into this and I'm wondering when the horror comes in. So far, its just super depressing.

There is silly comedy music playing while a monkey chases a laser and throws books around. There have been more scares in Home Alone by this point of the movie.

Okay, I'm an hour in now, and I have to say that so far, Allen is the only normal fucking person in this movie. He finds out that the doctor probably botched his surgery and is livid about it, and the girl driving him is like "I don't understand this reaction." REALLY, bitch?? "I don't like this change in you, Allen." Seriously, Fuck You.

When that bitch of a homecare nurse was yelling about her bird being killed, I was thinking "Fuck that bird, he shoulda killed it himself anyway." And then Allen pretty much says exactly that. He lives in a world where everyone is a dumb asshole who talks down to him like he had down syndrome or something. How can you do anything else BUT root for him to slaughter this shitty world he lives in via a telepathic monkey mind meld?

• Like 1

When that bitch of a homecare nurse was yelling about her bird being killed, I was thinking "Fuck that bird, he shoulda killed it himself anyway." And then Allen pretty much says exactly that. He lives in a world where everyone is a dumb asshole who talks down to him like he had down syndrome or something. How can you do anything else BUT root for him to slaughter this shitty world he lives in via a telepathic monkey mind meld?

She took the part with her bird PECKING OUT HIS FUCKING EYES way too lightly. When you're taking care of someone and your pet attacks, like, one of three parts on his body that's still working, show some goddamn sympathy, you witch.

• Like 1

She took the part with her bird PECKING OUT HIS FUCKING EYES way too lightly. When you're taking care of someone and your pet attacks, like, one of three parts on his body that's still working, show some goddamn sympathy, you witch.

haha she just needed to lock it in its cage and that's it. problem solved, right?

however I did think he was a dick until he explained the monkey was giving him mood swings.

This movie DID creep me out. when the monkey was messing around with that syringe near his girlfriend's head, i could not handle that. i was cringing.

the one thing i didn't understand was like, is this the only fucking nurse in town? why wasn't he like "hey you're fired bitch, get your fucking parkeet outta my house." they established his mom is like rich and willing to spend money on all this shit, was it to hard to just find a nurse who wasn't such a fucking asshole, also fuck your bird, this is your job having that thing fly around pecking at this paralyzed dude's face is not only unprofessional but totally irresponsible and selfish. she's lucky she was allowed to just quit.

the one thing i didn't understand was like, is this the only fucking nurse in town? why wasn't he like "hey you're fired bitch, get your fucking parkeet outta my house." they established his mom is like rich and willing to spend money on all this shit, was it to hard to just find a nurse who wasn't such a fucking asshole, also fuck your bird, this is your job having that thing fly around pecking at this paralyzed dude's face is not only unprofessional but totally irresponsible and selfish. she's lucky she was allowed to just quit.

Why was she allowed to just quit? I had her pegged as a redshirt from the first time she opened her mouth.

• Like 1

Why was she allowed to just quit? I had her pegged as a redshirt from the first time she opened her mouth.

exactly! Ella should ripped her eyes out!

Yes! Even before that incident, he complained about the bird. I don't know the politics of dealing with an in-home caretaker, but shouldn't that mean she doesn't get to have a bird in his house?

I wish engineer cody bret would jump in and say something during HDTGM....he's talks like on every other podcast he's on.