🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 202 — Big Ass Meals

Actress, comedian, improviser, and the first Whooch guest to be a part of the Jurassic Park franchise, Lauren Lapkus stops by this week’s WHO CHARTED! Lauren, Ku-Ku, & Wie-Wie chat about Ariana Grande, which reality TV show they’d be on, the Top 5 Current Butt Songs, and ass restaurants during the TOP 5 ULTIMATE MUSIC CHART. Lauren gives a sample of her different character voices and everyone talks about Ben Affleck’s dong cameo in Gone Girl as they count down the MOVIE CHART. Plus, Lauren explains why she can no longer play basketball this season with her team The Kimmy Dribblers and tells us how Traci Reardon’s summah went as she answers your questions during the TWEET CHART!

• Like 1

I'm loving how much Lauren has been on podcasts recently.

She's at PFT-level for me. I'll listen to anything she's on. Never disappoints.

• Like 7

Arizona, Howard?! Inland?!

Havasu City is near a big lake at least. And this lake is particularly good for cruising on a sea doo.

I HATE "ALL ABOUT THAT BASS" TOOOOOO. Lauren Lapkus is so rad. I love her. Ladies Love Lapkus.

LL Cool Lapkus

• Like 2

am I the only one who immediately consulted imdb whenever Ku said that she was the first cast member from the Jurassic Park franchise to be on the show? I had a vague memory of a child actor from the first movie being on a podcast... ended up I was thinking of Whit Hertford's appearance on (friend of the show) Johnny Pemberton's podcast Twisting the Wind. on his most recent episode he had Matthew Cardarople who, like Lauren, is starring in Jurassic World (as well as making a brief, disturbing appearance at the end of the CBB episode that's streaming on IFC right now). so arguably, Johnny is the only person to have more than one cast member from the Jurassic Park franchise on their podcast.

for some reason I felt that this mental journey, though almost completely unrelated to Whoch, deserved to be shared.

• Like 1

Havasu City is near a big lake at least. And this lake is particularly good for cruising on a sea doo.

It's also the city/lake with a name that is most similar to "Have a Summah". In fact, I think the only way they can appropriately honor this momentous occasion is to officially change the name to Havasummah City, even if only for the first day of every Summah.

Great episode! I've heard Lauren on a few podcasts strictly as herself, and this was definitely the funniest she's been. Further proof that Howard & Kulap are the best comedy catalysts in the biz.

• Like 1

Howard has hit yet another home run when it comes to restaurant ideas.

"It's for kids.....and 30 year old women." Lauren perfectly described One Direction's fan base and how creepy it can sometimes be.

And I think the problem with "All About That Bass" for me is that her voice sounds like someone put a toddler's voice inside of an adult woman. There are FAR worse songs, but the way she sings the chorus is pretty annoying.

A bit unrelated, but am I the last person on Earth (or at least this forum) to notice Lauren in the new Target commercials? I have Ad Block Plus on my home PC, but I was online at a friend's house when I saw her commercials before a video. I was delighted I strongly considered turning off the ad blocker.

EDIT - Here are the commercials for those that haven't seen them and want to...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO8qMKYTqrY&list=UUralvBh1hSGRf4SrjS-mY7Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4a5Op9H0_E&list=UUralvBh1hSGRf4SrjS-mY7Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WFhuwV3Zj8&list=UUralvBh1hSGRf4SrjS-mY7Q

• Like 2

Howard has hit yet another home run when it comes to restaurant ideas.

"It's for kids.....and 30 year old women." Lauren perfectly described One Direction's fan base and how creepy it can sometimes be.

And I think the problem with "All About That Bass" for me is that her voice sounds like someone put a toddler's voice inside of an adult woman. There are FAR worse songs, but the way she sings the chorus is pretty annoying.

A bit unrelated, but am I the last person on Earth (or at least this forum) to notice Lauren in the new Target commercials? I have Ad Block Plus on my home PC, but I was online at a friend's house when I saw her commercials before a video. I was delighted I strongly considered turning off the ad blocker.

EDIT - Here are the commercials for those that haven't seen them and want to...

https://www.youtube....hSGRf4SrjS-mY7Q

wow weird, I dont have cable so I dont really see ads like I used to, never come across these. Go Lapkus!

I cant believe she's gonna be in jurassic park, but having said that its probably great casting. Going to go out on a limb and guess that she's some sort of archeologist or researcher, but if she's a nerdy park goer that would work fine too.

I rank Lauren as definitely one of the funniest ladies in the world, so any work she gets I'll be happy about, but I want to see her using her comedy chops, enough of these serious roles!!

• Like 1

I cant believe she's gonna be in jurassic park, but having said that its probably great casting.

All of the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park are (ostensibly) female and they need to be kept behind bars to ensure society's safety. After Orange is The New Black, Lauren had this role on lock.

• Like 2

LL Cool Lapkus

her DJ name could be L(auren) L(apkus) Cool J(amz)

I love her description of Taylor Swift. I am an unapologetic Swift and this is a pretty great way to describe her.

• Like 2