🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 18 — Songs of Innocence Physical Release Special

I wanted to scream at Scott sooo bad after he called Radiohead "u2 imitators" *shudders*. But how could I stay mad at Adam Scott Aukerman?

I think Thom Yorke has said he tried to sing like Bono early on...but we're talking Pablo Honey era. After The Bends they could literally not sound less like U2. LITERALLY

I really hope that the guy who did the turn off the dark video and the Bono t-shirts video does one where Scott and Scott are yelling at Engineer Cody Cody.

• Like 4

I really hope that the guy who did the turn off the dark video and the Bono t-shirts video does one where Scott and Scott are yelling at Engineer Cody Cody.

100% man. That guy nailed it and I thought there would be one for the prisoner of AZZZ KAH BANNNNNN bit but alas...

WHY HATH THOU FORSAKEN US DREW LANGLOIS? really though, his videos are amazing and the comments on his youtube page are all nice and good bits

• Like 2

I appreciate all you not letting Engineer Cody Cody's shenanigans go unnoticed.

• Like 6

am I the only one who has had parts of Songs of Incontinence stuck in their head the past few weeks? these tunes are very effective earworms... the last couple days it's been Every Breaking Wave and Sleep Like a Baby Tonight on repeat. I've only listened to it about three times including the acoustic sessions, but it's already one of my favorite albums of the year by far... and I honestly wouldn't even consider myself that big of a U2 fan.

I want to thank.... Scott.... and I want to thank.... Scott... for creating this podcast and talking so much U2 to me because I probably wouldn't have given this album a chance if not for them.

I appreciate all you not letting Engineer Cody Cody's shenanigans go unnoticed.

Show some GD respect for your co-worker Engineer Cody Sam!

We can make fun of of ECC because he's our friend. But we'd never throw him under the bus to further our own career.

edited - JK

To be fair to the lovable lads, U2's performance of Every Breaking Wave on Jools Holland was pretty damn good. Bono's voice sounded excellent.

I wanted to scream at Scott sooo bad after he called Radiohead "u2 imitators" *shudders*. But how could I stay mad at Adam Scott Aukerman?

Yeah that was awful, though a part of me thinks that he was just trying to piss the commenters off. Also, Coldplay literally recorded XY with U2 posters strewn about the studio walls for inspiration.

Correlation between SAT scores and "favorite music." Note that U2 and Phish do not overlap.MusicthatmakesyoudumbLarge.png

If I listen to Beethoven ft. Lil Wayne does it even out?

• Like 1

Pavement is grad school rock, so it only shows up on the music-to-GRE-scores chart.

I keep waiting for Malkmus to show up as a MMMMUUUUSICAL GUEST on CBB. Seems like a good fit.

• Like 1

This was a great ep, I give it aaaaaAaAaUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuHHHHHHHH 12.

Yeah that was awful, though a part of me thinks that he was just trying to piss the commenters off. Also, Coldplay literally recorded XY with U2 posters strewn about the studio walls for inspiration.

I thought that might be more about how their model of stardom works than specifically their music?

Though I'm not sure.

Of all these bands, I'm actually most invested in U2 (thanks to the podcast!), so the offense just goes over my head.

I used to think Scott liking Coldplay was bad, but f that. Karmin really takes the cake. I would def listen to Coldplay over Karmin any old day.

I love Scott's taste in music. We both tend to gravitate towards female pop/dance music. That being said, Karmin is utter garbage and I kindly wish they would go away. Their songs are so awful and always get stuck in my damn head for long periods of time.

I'm sure Foley is nice, but I think it's the right move from Scott to have never heard of a guy with such an offensive first name. Next thing you know he'll have heard of guys like Polack Muldoon and Dago Jones.

boo