🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 317 — Tash.2

PFT is a certifiable genius because he turned a Shakespeare quote into a punchline. I laughed my literary elitist ass off.

Also, if anyone wants more podcasting joy with Natasha Lyonne (who IS a joy to listen to here), check out her appearance on the currently-on-hiatus/probably-never-returning ( :( ) Fogelnest Files:

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/the-professionals/

• Like 1

"Pauleff Thompkins" ranks right up there with "Cake Boss"(cakeboss) and "Andrew Lloyd Weber" as some of my favorite Paul F. Tompkins characters. He truly is a comedian of note.

• Like 5

I love Natasha in Oranges: The New Black, so I was psyched to listen to this one. She did not disappoint one bit - at first I was slightly worried that she didn't quite get their whole schtick, but she quickly cottoned on and was keeping up with their bits like a pro. Great ep.

I loved when Scott said "fantastic" a weird way and PFT immediately called him on it. I've been saying fantastic like that the past 2 days.

Natasha's accent was all over the five boroughs, but I think it was just a combination of her playing along as well as being a bit of a weirdo (an extremely fun and entertaining weirdo, mind you). PFT made several references to it over the course of the episode. But I'm sure being an actress plays into it as well, as I've seen interviews with her where it's crazy thick and others where you can barely hear it. Gillian Anderson does a similar thing, where sometimes she's speaking in an English accent and other times she sounds like she's from the midwest.

I thought Mary was great. I kept thinking the whole 'Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaassss' schtick was going to get old but it just became increasingly funny to me. I hope to see her return (both the comedian and the charac).

• Like 3

PFT is a certifiable genius because he turned a Shakespeare quote into a punchline. I laughed my literary elitist ass off.

Also, if anyone wants more podcasting joy with Natasha Lyonne (who IS a joy to listen to here), check out her appearance on the currently-on-hiatus/probably-never-returning ( :( ) Fogelnest Files:

http://www.earwolf.c...-professionals/

Okay, I'll bite. What was the Shakespeare quote/punchline?

I thought Mary was great. I kept thinking the whole 'Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaassss' schtick was going to get old but it just became increasingly funny to me. I hope to see her return (both the comedian and the charac).

I think it kept working because every time it came up she would really double down on it.

• Like 2

Okay, I'll bite. What was the Shakespeare quote/punchline?

It was a really quick moment, but it went something like PFT saying, "there are more bears in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy." I was driving while listening to this and that part had me in tears; I had to redouble my efforts at steering the car to avoid traffic.

• Like 1

Nice.

*doom doom doom*

Well it's Hollywood Facts and we're going downtown,

going to Inglewood now!

Sorry, that was purely Pavlovian.

• Like 9

"Pauleff Thompkins" ranks right up there with "Cake Boss"(cakeboss) and "Andrew Lloyd Weber" as some of my favorite Paul F. Tompkins characters. He truly is a comedian of note.

He's made some headway in that regard.

• Like 1

Not that anybody asked, but it was actually Pumpkin who spat on New York, not the other way around.

I apologize for knowing that.

tumblr_ltnchf3GT71r4ghkoo1_500.gif

• Like 1

Yeah, the chocktaw seems to be pulling in a lot of the Improv 4 Humans roster these days, and I hope he keeps doing it. They all come up with great characters.

• Like 2

I don't feel like she'd be one to do some dumb bit like the one I'm imagining here, but I have to ask anyway: was Natasha's thing with the shekels in her throat for real?? That was crazy.

This is a really good episode.

• Like 4

I don't feel like she'd be one to do some dumb bit like the one I'm imagining here, but I have to ask anyway: was Natasha's thing with the shekels in her throat for real?? That was crazy.

i wanted to ask that too but I was worried i'd look stupid if was obviously fake or something

i wanted to ask that too but I was worried i'd look stupid if was obviously fake or something

i want to believe that it's real :)

Scott - when did you become a fan of U2?

PFT - i'm going to murder you.

Wohoo! They used my catch-phrase! I haven't been this excited since Bono wrestled me naked in the shower!

• Like 1

I was wondering the same thing! They all seemed legitimately amazed by it.

• Like 2

fuck all the negativ

this is DreamTeam 2.0

• Like 1

It's an old Israeli joke that anyone with a gravely kind of voice makes