🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 317 — Tash.2

Orange Is the New Black’s Natasha Lyonne makes her first appearance & dapper comedian Paul F. Tompkins makes a rare appearance on today’s Comedy Bean Bag! Natasha, Paul, & Scott chat about silent films, the first time Natasha met Woody Allen, and great acting tips. Then, church raffle winner Dreama Peaches stumbles upon the studio on her mission to learn more about hunting and bears.

Oranges the New Black!

great episode, Natasha was really fun. Her characters name, Nicky Nichols, sounds like a superhero's name, maybe its just the alteration...

but why didn't they talk about my waifu and Natsha's co-guest star, Lauren Lapkus!!!

• Like 2

Mary has always been great on I4H, loved her character, just her cadence and way of talking.. "a-Yeeeeessss" "Nooooooo"

• Like 1

That's what some would call me a great episode! In the first half of the show it almost seemed like Tash.2 didn't get that the 'interview' aspect of the podcast is just a huge smokescreen for idiocy, but when Dreama showed up she was really on point comedy wise.

It's too bad she's dead now.

• Like 3

Oranges the New Black!

but why didn't they talk about my waifu and Natsha's co-guest star, Lauren Lapkus!!!

They did at the end, dummy!

• Like 1

They did at the end, dummy!

That's what I get for posting before finishing the episode...

• Like 2

For some reason Natasha's voice (personality too) reminds me of Slappy Squirrel from Animaniacs. I guess that's a fairly common accent, but I couldn't help but to think of that while she talked. Anyways I enjoy her on Oranges....The New Black(s) and it was quite the good time hearing her on the show. Sometimes new guests have to get used to what's going on before they start playing along, others don't end up playing along at all, but Natasha seemed game from the get go. Enjoyed Dreama's appearance as well. She seemed kind of like what I expect a female Huell Howser would be like. Her theme song/cabaret number was incredible.

It was also fun to hear PFT and Scott make call backs to earlier episodes and inside jokes and the confusion it would sometimes cause the ladies. Excellent show, but I am a bit pissed that I didn't get to learn what a thermostat was.

EDIT: I'm looking forward to seeing Natasha in "Movie." I'm glad she didn't decide to spoil the movie by giving it's title away or when it's coming out. That's the kind of promotion I can get behind.

• Like 5

I really enjoyed it when Paul called out how weird it was that he and Scott were sitting on the same side of the table and that he felt they were like morning zoo crew radio types due to the fact that the VERY few times Paul has been on he's always sat across from Scott, giving their dynamic a different feel.

The reason I enjoyed that moment is because when I looked at the photos before I listened to the episode I thought to myself, "Oh weird. Paul and Scott are on the same side of the table. They look like two radio guys."

http://cdn4.earwolf....10/IMG_7757.jpg

"YOU'RE LISTENING TO SCOTTY AND THE PFFFFT!"

• Like 1

Tash.2 completely shattered my innocence, hips, and expectations. I thought she was great, particularly for a first-timer -- especially her laser-sharp plugs..

• Like 2

Natasha didn't once react to Oranges: The New Black.

She played along really well, while also seeming bemused by Scott and Paul at the same time.

• Like 1

When Paul wanted Scott to say his name this scene popped into my head...

tumblr_m23h6jxQx01qc87cgo1_500.gif

P.S. : Loved the PFT's UTU2TM episode references at the begining of the show :)

• Like 2

P.S. : Loved the PFT's UTU2TM episode references at the begining of the show :)

Scott - when did you become a fan of U2?

PFT - i'm going to murder you.

• Like 12

Natasha didn't once react to Oranges: The New Black.

She played along really well, while also seeming bemused by Scott and Paul at the same time.

She pretty much confirmed that oranges are the new blacks, though.

• Like 2

Is this real? What is that over the top voice/accent? Is she doing a bit? She sounds like Joey's manager from Friends.

Unlistenable

Natasha and Mary were both funny as hell in this ep. Good ep!

• Like 2

Waaaah I'm not allowed to download stuff at work, and soundcloud doesn't work here, but it's a PFT EPISODE!!! What am I going to do!!! I can't wait until 3pm!!!

That last photo is priceless.

• Like 2

It took me FORAVER to realize "Tasha" was a carac. I thought she was the genuine interviewee for the show. Amazing, understated quirkiness.

Guys, call me crazy, but I've got a sneaking suspicion that this episode was NOT recorded in October!

• Like 10

It took me FORAVER to realize "Tasha" was a carac. I thought she was the genuine interviewee for the show. Amazing, understated quirkiness.

Ummm

• Like 2