🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 317 — Tash.2

This was just a magical combination of players today. Everyone seemed to be grooving on almost exactly the same wavelength. Lyonne is a great fit, and Mary Holland brought so much energy and delight, it was wonderful.

PFT basically playing sidekick for a newcomer interview is a formula I certainly wouldn't mind seeing again.

Also, fuck Aug. Oct forever.

• Like 4

Tash.2: I didn't know it was like a..."pay attention" situation.

Love her.

• Like 7

Imagine if the booking had been Tash.2, PFT, and Lauren Lapkus.

Missed opportunity. Next time, Scott.

• Like 1

Imagine if the booking had been Tash.2, PFT, and Lauren Lapkus.

Missed opportunity. Next time, Scott.

Being a huge fan of Improv4humans, I think Mary Holland is every bit as funny as Lauren Lapkus on that show. And I thought she was absolutely hilarious on this episode as well. Speaking of funny women who have appeared on I4H, I would love to hear Stephanie Allynne do a character on CBB sometime.

• Like 9

This sentiment has already been insentimated a few times, but I feel compelled to say: Natasha is a top shelf first-timer. She was great, and it was also great to have Paul F. Tompkins stick around for awhile. Maybe it's just me, but for me I think he's kind of a pompous ass for treating the show like it doesn't matter. He only comes in on his best-ofs high horse, then when he finally is on the show in a regular episode, he usually leaves within 10 minutes or only pops in for the plugs. As a fan, I think it's disrespectful to the show and basically a big raunchy "fuck you" to the listeners. It's nice to finally have him on for an episode.

• Like 4

Waaaah I'm not allowed to download stuff at work, and soundcloud doesn't work here, but it's a PFT EPISODE!!! What am I going to do!!! I can't wait until 3pm!!!

Quit your job.

• Like 1

DREAMA: You know, these are questions that I don't know the answer to. And to be honest, I was hoping to come here and get answers, you know?

SCOTT: Ok, Let's break this down.

DREAMA: Let's break it down! I mean, what is a bear?

TASH.2: I've got all day, you guys. I don't care. I mean, uhhhh whaddya wanna know?

SCOTT: By the way, it's 9am currently, and we've cleared our schedules for the rest of the day.

PAUL: That's right. I just have to quick cancel this-- I was supposed to go to my nephew's baptism. Hold on.

SCOTT: Yeah, cancel it. Cancel it. Yup. We've got a lot of stuff to unpack here...

PAUL: Just gonna text, 'Not.. gonna.. make it... fuck... you.'

This episode was a like a goddamn Altman film. The overlapping dialogue had me coming back over and over again for all of these great gems!

• Like 8

Tash.2: "I'll take a name scrambler."

Scott: "Like Jon Voight, already looks like his name's been scrambled."

PFT: "That's true. But it's just his brain that's been scrambled."

Had to pause right there and laugh til I cried.

• Like 1

DREAMA PEACHES' GUNS & AMMO SALE!!

WE GOTCHER'

- Muzzle Loader*

- Euhzzies**

- Hobknobs**

- The Eagle Rock 5**

- Timtam**

- Flank-nobber**†

- Chewie**

- Backo**

- Greedo**

- Han Solo**

WE KNOW ALL ABOUT GUNS!

* fun gun; loaded from the muzzle

** loaded from the back-rear door

commonly used in the Korean War

• Like 12

The chemistry between Tash.2 and the CBB zoo crew was really great. Wasn't crazy about Cholland's charac despite the accent being inherently funny, BUT I was very pleased with the Claudia O'Doherty callbacks.

did anyone else notice Scott slip in a quick "baby" towards the end of the episode? given it was right after they had just been discussing Traci Reardon, I'd still like to think that Lauren was astral projecting from elsewhere in the Earwolf studios and possessed him for a brief second.

also I find it hard to believe that this was Mary's first appearance... I didn't realize the gravity of the situation since I had been binge-listening to all of i4h the last couple months. hopefully we'll see a Stephanie Allynne appearance in the near future... this show has never had a shortage of hilarious ladies, but not having each member of Wild Horses on the show at least once should be a crime.

Did anyone else wonder if Dreama is related to this guy?

185px-The_Yes_Guy.png

yes! mixed with a bit of Huell Howser

• Like 2

"Whose the celebrity you're most glad is dead?" -PFT

Had me in laughing for the rest of the ep. I nominate those 2 seconds for the "Best Of" episode.

Rest of the show was fantastic as well...

• Like 1

"has he ever mentioned The Murphy Group...?"

This was amazing. And Tash.2's opening remarks about U2 were too perfect. Natasha was a great guest and I hope she comes back again. One of my favorites of the year. Everybody was a delight.

• Like 3

In defence of Dreama, I understand her confusion. From what I understand, some of the tiny butts she shot were indeed bare.

• Like 7

Talk about Hollywood Facts! Tash.2 was all scoops and hoops. We'll miss her greatly.

Dreama inspired a Fourvel-esque series of huddles that were comedic gems although I could have used some instructional acrostics. How else were they supposed to remember to leave Tash.2 to get murdershot like a bear? I guess without the majestic and magnificent Lord ALW there, they lacked the magnitude of mind power and fortitude to craft one. That or PFT and Choctaw were just too distracted by finally being Side-by-Sides.

Dear lord, they were finally Side-by-Sides.

• Like 1

"has he ever mentioned The Murphy Group...?"

THIS! This was the line that made me kind of splutter out a laugh while walking to work. The moment they asked if she knew if Woody Allen watched entourage I was grinning.

The episode had so many brilliant callbacks. Scott and PFT alone are great with all the references, and together just seems to bring it out even more so. Both are so funny, and it's always great hearing them play off each other so well. I'll always love an episode that features the two of them just joking around.

As many have said, Lyonne was a fantastic guest. She had a great attitude towards the atmosphere of the show and fit in really well, especially so for a first time appearance.

And very glad to see Mary Holland on. Always love her on Improv 4 Humans, and I remember fondly her Professor Blastoff episode as the Moon 'expert' back in June. Not been a huge fan of some of the guests this year, but Holland was brilliant.

I second someone else's call for Stephanie Allyne to be on CBB podcast (of course, already on CBB TV, and hopefully more still), that'd be really cool.

Overall, absolutely loved the episode, lots of laughs and always gonna love a PFT ep, come on!

• Like 1

Dreama inspired a Fourvel-esque series of huddles that were comedic gems although I could have used some instructional acrostics.

Yeah, for a minute I was wondering if they were going to initiate a G.U.N.G.R.A.B. protocol. Granted, that was Scott and Lord ALW, but it's pretty clear that Paul listens to every episode, so I'm sure he's familiar.

• Like 1

Dreama's "<dramatic pause> ahhYessssssssssssAA" anding was amazing. I almost had my hip bone shot off a few times during this ep.

• Like 2