🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 178 — Books

Tig, David, Kyle start the show with a discussion about the power of words, dog training tips, and Tig performing at David's Junk show. Then, Jen Hitchcock stops by the hatch to talk about starting a unique book store, changing technology, the intersection between books and art, and so much more. You can visit Jen's bookstore "Book Show" at 5503 North Figueroa St in Highland Park in LA.

• Like 1

anybody else having trouble pulling this down from itunes?

Pretty much every week.

• Like 1

I am having trouble downloading PBO and Sklarbro! I think earwolf has some kind of tech problem.

It's not just iTunes. Can't get it on my Android phone either. Every week for months now, same thing. Get it together Earwolf/PBO/Whoever's-responsible-for-this!

I don't use iTunes, but I hope they get this problem sorted out just so that the first 3-5 comments of every thread aren't about that.

Good episode. Does anyone else find it funny that Kyle is always saying how those sounds are made using only his body, but in fact he's only even using ONE PART of his body, i.e. his mouth?

• Like 1

Does anyone else find it funny that Kyle is always saying how those sounds are made using only his body, but in fact he's only even using ONE PART of his body, i.e. his mouth?

I'm no body rap expert, but I believe knee-slapping and chest-pounding are also part of Kyle's body rap repertoire.

• Like 1

It seems like he does that stuff only VERY occasionally, or maybe the mics just don't pick it up well. Don't get me wrong, it's obviously funnier if it's worse, so I'm all for the vocals-only version.

between the weird "we've been told some characters we do are racist but here's why they're not"/"chris rock defanged the n-word" chat and olive's whining this was a rough/ruff (ha ha) episode to power through in the beginning

but furreal the semiregular chatter about folks telling yall some of the characters kyle does are racist caricatures (i don't necessarily disagree with them) gets tiring if there is no one on the other side but i understand this clashes with the vibe and character of the show so i guess im saying maybe just do the impressions without bringing that up?? idk im hatch and im dumb as hell

• Like 1

Kyle is exactly right about rewarding dogs for behavior you want. If you yell at them, it doesn't teach them anything except that they're upset and afraid now. They will still jump up on people when you're not around. They've just learned to be afraid around you. I'll take Kyle's dog over David any day. He likes Magic and doesn't like dogs????

My comments pertain to the interview with Jen, and unfortunately not dog crap or body rapping. I was interested to hear your comments about traditional books versus e-books. I am old school in my book reading - I love paper and ink - the feel, scent, (and the joy of highlighting)! I, too, collect unusual books. I feel that the quality of publishing is compromised due to e-publications. It homogenizes the format, and from a production standpoint, reduces the time that could be spent on editing, rather than formatting for electronic usage. Long live books with real pages.

• Like 1

I love books! I'm a book hoarder like Jen.

But more than anything I love the elephant in the room -- everyone pretending that Olive isn't yelping throughout the podcast! Did anyone take photos of David's burning glares? Kyle's exaggerated "Whattya want me to do?" shrugs? Tig schadeunfrauding the whole situation?

Podcasts -- the new theater of the mind.

Can Wagonhini Guy and Body Rapping be combined? Love the group body rapping too.

That dog has to go. Is there only one room in the Earwolf studios? Otherwise good episode

I don't use iTunes, but I hope they get this problem sorted out just so that the first 3-5 comments of every thread aren't about that.

Good episode. Does anyone else find it funny that Kyle is always saying how those sounds are made using only his body, but in fact he's only even using ONE PART of his body, i.e. his mouth?

That's not true. Nobody could do all of that with just their mouth. It's clearly a combination of some machine and a full backing band behind him.

What was really amazing to me is how they somehow managed to get four full bands into the hatch for the quadruple body rap. Magical!