🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 55 — Lauren Lapkus, Our Close Friend

This forum stays hot. Where Bobby Shmurda? He needs to bless the forum.

Verrrry funny episode btw. Lauren is always one of my favorites and she plays with the boys better than anyone(Not like that Andy!!!!). I didn't really understand any of the freakingnomica stuff because I don't believe in numbers and if you know anything about sacred geometry you will know that it's not really about numbers it's about shapes so keep pushing your sabertoothmetrics and I'll keep drawing weird circles inside of squares and when I find out why we exist, bruddah, I ain't tellin none of you numberheads!

• Like 8

sorry about no photos, guys. engineer cody somehow set the camera on fire.

anastasia, i added your drawing but after careful scrutiny of andrew's drawing, i don't think it's real and i might ban him.

love y'all :wub:

• Like 14

I was reading Hamlet the other day (DON'T ASK!!!) when I came upon a familiar statement:

Polonius: I have found the very cause of Hamlet's lunacy.

King: O, speak of that!

A few lines later Hamlet said "The first row of the pious chanson will show you more." We get it, Shakespeare, you like Hollywood Handbook!

• Like 13

I was reading Hamlet the other day (DON'T ASK!!!) when I came upon a familiar statement:

A few lines later Hamlet said "The first row of the pious chanson will show you more." We get it, Shakespeare, you like Hollywood Handbook!

Can we rewrite a Shakespeare play using HH grammar and jokes?
  • Like 1

you'd have to act fast, word around the water cooler is that we're hitting critical mass on these smash'em'ups

i think now would be a good time to send andy a text

• Like 9

Sorry Tim I don't have a The Facebook anymore but believe you me when I get a new one you'll all be notified via friend requests.

I can see where the mixup came from since Mr. Aug is also a Mass-hole like me (we have rly shitty 'tudes) and goes to Bridgewater State University where I went for one semester. But they didn't party hard enough there so I transferred to ZooMass Slamherst and graduated stag-ma cum rowdy.

That's funny I lived not far from Bridgewater (Coho). My sister finished up her degree there. I had friends go to Zoomass.

I'm a Cali guy now though.

Et tu, Coday?

Woah, halfman been an Earwolf member for almost 2 years... breaking that silence with your first post now? How come? Speak on that. Thanks!

Woah, halfman been an Earwolf member for almost 2 years... breaking that silence with your first post now? How come? Speak on that. Thanks!

Hmmm I suppose I could speak on that. I was thinkng of funny joke when I remembered that I made an account I never used, so I decided to post. Btw does anyone have a good recipe for cheeseburger sandwich? I always use too many pickles.

• Like 2

sorry about no photos, guys. engineer cody somehow set the camera on fire.

anastasia, i added your drawing but after careful scrutiny of andrew's drawing, i don't think it's real and i might ban him.

love y'all :wub:/>

Holy moly! My drawing is really on the episode page! Thanks, agata!

Now I will finally be taken seriously as an artist.

• Like 9

Because of the apparent increase in listenership and the continuing growth of the forum community, I think we should address the serious issue of like inflation.

I remember when several likes would make me feel good for a couple days. Now you need whole baskets of likes and you're like waiting in the bread line to buy bread, but instead of bread it's happiness.

I'm not even that much of a veteran. I bet you old RSS-era forum guys 'member when a single like would buy you like a month of emotional fulfillment. Those were simpler times

• Like 10

Because of the apparent increase in listenership and the continuing growth of the forum community, I think we should address the serious issue of like inflation.

I remember when several likes would make me feel good for a couple days. Now you need whole baskets of likes and you're like waiting in the bread line to buy bread, but instead of bread it's happiness.

I'm not even that much of a veteran. I bet you old RSS-era forum guys 'member when a single like would buy you like a month of emotional fulfillment. Those were simpler times

I've stumbled upon an easy solution, and that is to be wildly inconsistent and occasionally make real stinker posts that nobody enjoys. Doing that bad in this new Like economy really grounds you and makes you appreciate each and every Like you get thereafter. Current mood: blessed -_-

• Like 6

it looks like we are well ahead of YITR in the last few weeks

does that make me a racism? I'm still undecided and don't want to be labeled

• Like 1

I've stumbled upon an easy solution, and that is to be wildly inconsistent and occasionally make real stinker posts that nobody enjoys. Doing that bad in this new Like economy really grounds you and makes you appreciate each and every Like you get thereafter. Current mood: blessed -_-/>

But where does that leave posters like me who can't help but lay down gold-standard posts every time?

• Like 3

I wanted to also ad that I had to go visit my parents this weekend. I spent a good majority of my saturday teaching my parents how to ad photos to facebook. While on their computer I logged into their itunes account and subscribed them to HH.

hopefully this will help the 'good fight'

• Like 9

But where does that leave posters like me who can't help but lay down gold-standard posts every time?

Then you are fated to learn, as did Red Skelton and Lisa Lampanelli before you, that it is lonely at the top.

• Like 4

Fucking Shakespeare...

I mean I appreciate the shout out and all Shakespeare but being cool is actually uncool now so maybe simmer the fuck down.

• Like 4

I wanted to also ad that I had to go visit my parents this weekend. I spent a good majority of my saturday teaching my parents how to ad photos to facebook. While on their computer I logged into their itunes account and subscribed them to HH.

hopefully this will help the 'good fight'

I was listening to HH in the car with my mom a couple months ago and when they talked about the "Craig Ferguson Riots" my mom had her shit bussed up all over the place. She was loffing like you wouldn't believe.

My point is, we should start a Moms For HH fangroup because I think that's an untapped (not really tho LOL) market.

• Like 6

I saw people on the AV Club comment something about Hollywood Handbook in the podmass section this week. My question is, who are these lame-brains and why are they commenting on the AV Club and not in the HH forums? I don't want to point fingers or anything but I'm blaming Tim for this.

• Like 3

Then you are fated to learn, as did Red Skelton and Lisa Lampanelli before you, that it is lonely at the top.

You're of course speaking of Lisa Lampanelli's terrible reign as the 'Queen of Meen'

Those were the bad old days, before Chelsea Handler drew the sword from the stone

As a real-life person who has a real-life degree in economics from a real-life academic institution that is really accredited, I just wanted to thank Sean and Hayes for teaching me so much about economics. Their analyses this week were insightful and full of new ideas that my professors had never even hinted at.

And don't think I didn't look up Sean and Hayes' work in the field because I did and I was surprised to learn that Sean has published several well-regarded books on game theory, most notably Modeling Stochastic Outcomes for Dummies and The Game 2: This Time We Try To Fuck Guys, while Hayes was a leading luminary in macroeconomic policy at the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis and the IMF. Very distinguished hosts we have. I suppose I will be more respectful of our hosts from now on.

• Like 6