🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 221.5 — Sklarbro County 126

Comedian, new dad and fellow podcaster Ryan Sickler of The CrabFeast podcast joins the guys on this week’s Sklarbro County! Ryan talks about his soccer coach from middle school, why he wouldn’t go to the Superbowl to root for his own team, what it’s like being a new father, and being a Washington Bullets fan as a kid. Daniel Van Kirk brings us crazy stories today which include one bad acid trip that led a man to go on a one week long crime spree that ended at a McDonald’s drive-thru, a battle between brothers over a shower led to a shared driveway fight with a rifle, and a Spanish woman who was forced to confess that she was cheating on her husband after she gave birth to a baby with dwarfism. Later, the Sklars’ good friend Myndy Crist stops by to tell us all about her brief phone relationship with Bruce Willis which lead to him looking out for her.

Make sure to stream The Sklar Brothers’ one hour special “What Are We Talking About” right this very minute on Netflix, don’t forget to buy the Sklars’ album available on iTunes today, and check out when the Sklars are coming to your city at www.supersklars.com!

having trouble getting this ep from itunes, anybody else having the same issue?

Same here, both from my PC and iPhone.

Same here, both from my PC and iPhone.

Thirded. Shows up in my feed, but I get an error sign when I try to download.

Thirded. Shows up in my feed, but I get an error sign when I try to download.

Fourthed. I was angry until I remembered that I could come here and get my weekly fix of County.

MY GOD! THE BRUCE WILLIS STORY!!! MMMMYYYYYY GGGGGGGAAAAAAWWWWDDDDD!!! I AM GOING TO DIE FROM A STROKE!!!

• Like 2

hey county heads,

i fixed the iTunes issue. Just retry your download and it should be fine.

I may not make it through this episode with Ryan Sickler's laugh.

Then you are a terrible person. Best. Laugh. Ever.

• Like 1

The Bruce Willis story is hilarious, and a little scary, because a member of my family is the same way.

My family member, invites my wife and me to his house for a steak cookout. We get to his house, and he says that we still need to pick up the steaks at the store. Cut to the grocery store, and my family member says, "hey, I need money for the steaks, because steaks aren't free." To which I say, "I would've declined had I known you were inviting me to buy things."

Another great moment the family member calls me from the Starbucks drive-thru. The family member negotiates the transaction using a gift card, then tells the employee that he'll need to buy a gift card with a credit card. Then with me on the phone announces, "if I spend cash here, they expect a tip. So I only use gift cards. If anybody expects a tip, [eff] them, they need to get a real job."

Rush's Working Man was a great show closer!

Ryan has that Bert Kreischer laugh!

• Like 1

Just downloaded The Crabfeasts with Dan, the Sklars, and Emily V Gordon to listen to at work tonight.

I rewound like 5 times but I couldn't make out what movie was mentioned as the top-secret script that Bruce sent out with so much pomp & circumstance. I realize that by the rest of the discussion, clues about African-American actresses, etc, that any moderate movie buff should be able to easily guess it, but sometimes my brain doesn't work, and I don't really see a ton of movies. Anyone wanna help me out?

I may not make it through this episode with Ryan Sickler's laugh.

OH MY GOD, THANK YOU! He was a great guest otherwise but that piercing, forced cackle is terrible. I was wondering how he had a podcast but then I remembered You Made It Weird.