🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
nrkist

Skyline 2: Beyond Skyline (2017)

I just wanted to put this on everyone's radar. No, this is not a joke. No, this is not something unrelated.

This is indeed the sequel everyone has been clamoring for.

Will Eric Balfour's brain return to reprise it's role as Balfour's brain in some tacked on storyboards? Well, only Balfour's brain can answer that question. Eric Balfour, a source close to Balfour's brain, has remained mum on the prospect of his brains return to it's iconic silver-screen portrayal...

Wasn't the first one a flop? Maybe it has had huge dvd/on demand success.

If it's a real thing, it could also end up as a straight-to-video flick or SyFy original.

It's happening without the original directors, which means it won't have the same creative integrity as HAHAHAHA I can't finish that without laughing.

• Like 4

It's happening without the original directors, which means it won't have the same creative integrity as HAHAHAHA I can't finish that without laughing.

And those were the same visionaries behind Aliens Vs. Predator: Requiem, arguably the sixth best film in the Alien series!

• Like 2

One would assume. But apparently it was quite successful for it's budget. This is quite hard to swallow though as from what I can find the budget was 10.5 mil, which isn't really as lean as the producers originally suggested back in 2010. This might be some fancy book-keeping though that was done to allay the Battle LA/Skyline lawsuit.

Even the title is a huge nonsensical fail: "Beyond Skyline" literally "Beyond the First Film", a real conservative promise.

Skyline 2: What Happens When the Rest of the Blinds Fall

Well, obviously, they have the sequel budgeting and forethought to really be able to push the usage of bedding as a plot point into 11.

Also, bed sheets are not blinds. This does bring up a good point though. What if this really ups the ante and places the antagonists in a Venetian Blind Store. The interior/exterior walls are ALL windows, to display the venetian blinds to prospective passerbys for impulse purchase power.

As we all know, venetian blinds fail at an epic rate, not to mention people somehow don't know how to tug on a simple slip-pulley cord right, and they end up eff'ing em all up and tying weird knots in the cables for no reason. The rest of the survivors struggle with their own ethics briefly before slaughtering this character.

There will be a subplot about a corporate suit really cutting corners with these blinds and they only have til slightly 'Beyond skyline...darkening...cause it's night time...well, and lets be honest, someone has to say the title of the movie for the trailer.' before they all fail.

Yeah...it's gonna be awesome...

Edit: They could practically HDTGM the concept of a Skyline sequel getting greenlit and going past pre-pro to casting and pre-film. How Is This Getting Made?!

And those were the same visionaries behind Aliens Vs. Predator: Requiem, arguably the sixth best film in the Alien series!

They also directed a Nickelback video thank you very much.

Normally I'd say a 'sidequel' featuring none of the original players or directors is a bad sign, but since we're talking about Skyline I'm going to go with ' a step in the right direction'.

• Like 1

Beyond_Skyline_film_poster.jpg

Skyline was the very first HDTGM episode I listened to, and I've been an avid listener ever since. I loved the Wicker Man episode where Liam O'Donnel calls in to clarify the craziness of the first movie and talk about the prospects of a sequel. I hope that the crew is geared up and ready to revisit.... hopefully its not as bad as the first one!

i hope the guy from 24 season 1 and the other guy from Dexter reprise their roles even if they died in the first since i cannot remember.

Sign in to follow this