🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 203 — Who Charted at LA PODFEST!!!

Howard and Kulap are joined by Matt Jones in this up close and personal episode of Who Charted, that comes to us straight from the LA PODFEST!!! When it’s live, anything can happen, and it does! We start with Howard explaining the most important ingredient to any successful meditation process, followed by the rhyme and reason behind the transformation of John Mellencamp’s musical identity. Plus, the gang explains why the world watches movies due to issues that we all have with our fathers. Finally, in a can’t miss moment, Matt Jones reveals his list of “b side” comedy movies that you’ve never seen, but that will change your lives forever. And for the finale, Howard takes us on a musical journey, preceded by a quick game of "Shredstaurant," the legendary restaurant game where every food, every comment, and every moment is accompanied by a mind blowing guitar lick.

I love love love this episode. Howard and Ku need to always be in front of an audience. It brings out the magic! Twooch Tour, please!

• Like 2

"Would you like fries with those fries?" Wowza, look out Improv4Humans, there's a new master improviser in the form of Howard Kremer. Between that, coming in and out of character and Matt Jones calling him out on it, that section cracked me up. I would love to go to Shredstaurant and have Stard as my waiter.

Sounds like the best restaurant ever, I give it a C+.

praying for Trent.

R.I.Possible?

Great episode, Matt is super cool. Favorite exchange:

"Is 'Sofitel' Swedish?"

"No, I think it's French."

"OK, even they have Alps."

• Like 4

Howard's mention of Celtic Frost made me extremely happy... even if it was in the same sentence as the Frozen soundtrack.

he should make a black metal album... after making a math rock one, of course. I'm sure Stard could lend his metal fingers (not an MF DOOM reference... maybe a Tony Iommi one) to such an undertaking... but honestly, I don't think he's ready to embody winter in that way.

• Like 2

Matt was a great guest- good stories and very game.

My favorite exchange:

<Kulap orders some 'Lao-asian' food per Howard. Brett plays tasty 'Asian' guitar lick>

Brett: You made me play that.

Howard: What was it?!

Brett: That was... racist.

Matt: I'm sorry can I speak to your general manager?

• Like 11

FWIW:

Definition of MALEFICENT. : working or productive of harm or evil : baleful. (Merriam-Webster Online).

"what about some Smashing Pumpkins Poppers...?"

"...nah, I don't want those."

the Shred-staurant bit was the GREAAATEST bit I've ever known.

• Like 5

Since people are chiming in with Matt Jones favorite lines, mine was this;

Howard: "What do you want, Kulap?"

Kulap: "Ummm..."

Matt: "Wait, how do you know my wife?"

• Like 5

I watched this one twice. The stream was choppy the first time around. But I even ripped the video. Shhhh, don't tell anybody.

• Like 1

Podcasting is a true modern marvel. This is the only comedy thing I've listened to today and already my face and throat hurt from laughter. Thank you KuKu, Howard, and Matt! Also BPM was money in the Rockstaurant bit.

Live shows are always hit-or-miss, depending on the crowd's willingness to play along. This was definitely one of their best!

I haven't watched Breaking Bad, but I know Matt Jones from a web series called "Dirty Work" that starred friend-of-the-show Mary Lynn Rajskub as a crime scene cleaner. The studio that produced the series was apparently acquired by Xbox and pulled their content offline, but you can still see clips on

• Like 1

This episode was awesome and made me feel lucky to be a Chahtist. They had great chemistry with a funny guest, 'Stard killed it, and it was almost heartwarming hearing the crowd response to Howard's jams and his subsequent gratitude.

Hypnotizingchickens: my ears did a double take when I heard Celtic Frost, too. Howard's eclectic taste in music always surprises me (pleasantly).

Sign in to follow this