🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 204 — High & Mighty For Smarties

Professional writer, TV personality and podcaster Alison Rosen is Howard & Kulap’s new best friend on this week’s BOO CHARTED! Scary mice, horse shampoo, and Michael Jackson’s Thriller are all brought up during the TOP 5 LEAST KNOWN HALLOWEEN SONGS MUSIC CHART. We’ll find out what really frightens Alison and her shocking truth about Jaws during the TOP 5 SCARIEST MOVIES OF ALL TIME CHART. Plus, Alison shares what her best last minute costume is as well as what her favorite Halloween costume was as a kid as she answers your questions during the TWEET CHART!

Don’t forget to pick up ‘Summah This, Summah That’ at http://howardkremer.bandcamp.com/album/summah-this-summah-that and head to http://teespring.com/gucruiseshirt to pick up your very own Gu Cruise T-shirt.

I love beginning my walk to work every Wednesday morning with Adam Ant's Apollo 9. It gets me so pumped!

I got a little bummed out about all of their Halloween hate. Let the folks like what they like. I'm not a huge fan of xmas, but when I see that someone else is into it, it still makes me smile. They get joy from it, so let them be.

But I did enjoy Howard's spooky scenarios for Alison. Two Sklars in glasses! It can't be possible!

• Like 2

FYI, in case you hadn't heard it before, they accidentally talked over the best part of Werewolf Bar Mitzvah:

"Werewolf Bar Mitzvah, spoo-ky sca-ry, boys becoming men, men becoming wolves"

• Like 4

I'm a fan of Alison, hope they have her back on another episode where its not Halloween talk only.

I got a little bummed out about all of their Halloween hate. Let the folks like what they like. I'm not a huge fan of xmas, but when I see that someone else is into it, it still makes me smile. They get joy from it, so let them be.

Listening to Howard hate on things is one of my favorite facets of the show, I'm surprised others don't feel the same way.

• Like 3

Man, they totally stepped on one of Alison's great jokes;

Ku: "I think it's a shape shifting alien... mayhaps?"

Alison: "I hate when 'may' haps. Or when 'per' haps."

Although she lost some major Whooch Credit with her vehement stance against Reese's. That's Boosphemy! Bloodsphemy? I dunno, table that word smash up for a later discussion.

Also, after all this shark talk, they should bring Kumail back on to discuss an upcoming game,

, a multiplayer shooter that features divers versus sharks. It's scary because it's real life, not a crazy make-em-up.

October 31 is terrible. If you go out, it's every place you go. If you stay in, it comes and knocks on your door.

FYI, in case you hadn't heard it before, they accidentally talked over the best part of Werewolf Bar Mitzvah:

"Werewolf Bar Mitzvah, spoo-ky sca-ry, boys becoming men, men becoming wolves"

As they were playing it, and it got closer to that part, I kept thinking "This has been playing a while now, they've been too quiet, they're totally gonna talk over that line!" and they did :( I do like that line, and recall them discussing it on Never Not Funny not that long ago... maybe even on the Kulap ep?

Nevermind though, it was all fun, and a solid episode. Alison seemed cool, pretty laid back and having plenty to offer and jump in with.

Howard completely overlooked a joke when he was talking about Monster Mash.... COMEDY GHOULD!

I'm greatly disappointed in his hesitance to make awful Halloween puns.

Despite being comedy-adjacent, Alison's personality is wildly different from most comedians', which is one of many reasons I dig her podcast. She also has the shiniest hair ever, so I'm not sure what Mane 'n Tail could do for her.

Great song choice, playing The Cramps during Alison's intro.

"I got 96 tears and 96 eyes"! Had that song stuck in my head the rest of the day :D

• Like 1

Did Ku confuse Smarties with Necco Wafers? I'm just trying to come up with some kind of justification for her insane anti-smarties stance

• Like 2

Did Ku confuse Smarties with Necco Wafers? I'm just trying to come up with some kind of justification for her insane anti-smarties stance

I know some people don't like them but I've never seen a hatred as strong as hers.

Love that Stard got the 'sode title.

I'm so old.

The $100,000 Bar is now the 100 Grand Bar, and has been that way since an estimated time of the mid 80's?!!!

What else has changed since I started knitting this afghan?

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this