🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 96.5 — Minisode 96.5

Don't forget Oliver!

Unless you want to. Your call, really.

He's my second-favorite pop culture Oliver, after Oliver Subpodcasts.

• Like 2

must turd, even Bob Stone on the TV. SlidePocket, Sharon Stone would top the list (in no particular order). But Lerini, I have to draw the line somewhere, and I think that line is Oliver Stone. "Rhinestone" or Oliver Stone? Man, that's a defining question. If you're truly honest with yourself, would you "Rhinestone" or Oliver Stone? (By the way, now that I've typed it a couple of times, the word "rhinestone" looks really weird to me.) Thank you for leaving no stone unturned. (Damn it, I promised myself that I would not type that--or that I would type it and then delete it before I posted this.) (Did I?) (No. Damn it. Sorry.)

I was trying to compare you to Bob Ducca and his lists, i guess my joke was to subtle

I think it goes with out saying this was the best Minisode ever, I've Listened to it twice now.

any ideas what Rob lowe audiobook Paul was talking about? because there is more then one and they are not cheap.

My parents used to love liver, then my mother got a liver transplant and can't eat it now because of the wastes in it. (That qualifies for irony, right?)

I see the promos for that Crissely Knows Best show and the father seems like a very, very closeted man. And he's throwing sass around all over the place. Like one of the promos, the son says something about getting with his girlfriend, and his father (Crissley) snaps his fingers like Antwan from "Men on Films" and says, "Whatever you doing, I've already done it, baby!"

Ok I finally looked up the show and it just seems like a glamorized remake of A Talking Cat!?!

• Like 2

"I've already been there, done that, got the t-shirt, you're just showin' reruns."

This line was burned into my head during countless commercial breaks during WWE Raw. I can't imagine the crossover audience is that big, but both shows are on USA, so...*shrug*

Yeah, I saw the promos when I would take in my daily NCIS/Law and Order rerun marathons (don't judge me). It's that whole USA branding they do now -- characters, and closeted gay men, welcome!

• Like 1

My parents used to love liver, then my mother got a liver transplant and can't eat it now because of the wastes in it. (That qualifies for irony, right?)

Ok I finally looked up the show and it just seems like a glamorized remake of A Talking Cat!?!

I see it as a remake of Honey Boo Boo but the family has more money and is better looking.

I LOLed at Jason telling June about the sushi in drug stores in NYC. I live here and everyone I've spoken to about it is baffled by this phenomena. They added sandwiches and more lunch stuff to Duane Reades (which is owned by Walgreens) and there is indeed sushi. I remember telling my friend "I'M HUNGRY NOT INSANE."

There's an I4H with an extensive discussion about this leading to an alltime classic piece:

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/porta-potty-sushi/

I applaud Jason for being able to go without dolmades or stuffed grape leaves - those things are like crack to me!

• Like 2

I know, Fudgie. Something about it just really... got to me. Like, Temptation made me angry at all the misogyny, and Stayin' Alive was so relentlessly silly, but Rhinestone was just so.... It's as if Stallone was TRYING to make an awful movie and Dolly was trying to make a cute one and everyone else involved thought they were making a drama and... I don't know, man.

• Like 1

Yeah, I saw the promos when I would take in my daily NCIS/Law and Order rerun marathons (don't judge me). It's that whole USA branding they do now -- characters, and closeted gay men, welcome!

I already mentioned WWE in my post. I have no room to judge.

I'm assuming Rhinestone will be up tomorrow, considering the minisode was up last Friday by the way.

I'm assuming Rhinestone will be up tomorrow, considering the minisode was up last Friday by the way.

but i thought paul said thursday? :(

Did he? I only remember him saying "later in the week" on the podcast, unless he said Thursday somewhere else.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure he said "later in the week" on the p-cast. Although maybe it will be bumped to next week since we got two episodes last week.

• Like 1

Did he? I only remember him saying "later in the week" on the podcast, unless he said Thursday somewhere else.

Yeah, I think the assumption was it would be Thursday since that is when it dropped last week. I just remember him saying "later" in the week.

I'm pretty sure he said "later in the week" on the p-cast. Although maybe it will be bumped to next week since we got two episodes last week.

Beat me to it :)

One thing to keep in mind about the insanity that is Rhinestone. This film is not based on a book. It's not based on a foreign movie.

Rhinestone is based... On a song! If you don't believe me, watch the opening credits again.

Speaking of liver being disgusting, my mom was super crazy good at finding creative ways to get me and my sister to start doing things for ourselves, which became essential once my parents split up and we became latchkey kids. One night, she made liver, which she loved and we absolutely hated. We bitched and moaned as usual, but this time, she tells us "If you guys eat every bit of it tonight, I'll never make you eat it again". Awesome! We scarf it right down. Fast forward a few weeks. Mom gets home from work one day, us kids are starving. "What's for dinner, mom?", I ask. "I'm going to make some liver", she says. "But mom, you promised we'd never have to eat liver again", I plead, to which she responds "That's right, you don't HAVE to have it, but that's what I'M making". I taught myself how to make grilled cheese that night and 20+ years later I still haven't had liver again.

• Like 1