🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 57 — Sean and Hayes, Our Closest Friends

If drama is easier to write than comedy, do you think it's unfair that drama writers get paid the same as you for doing less work?

They say the path to a network tv show's writer's room is different for everybody. Can you share which reality tv show each of you won to get there? Were you all given the job after winning a season of Survivor, or are some of you Amazing Race/ Big Brother winners?

I've heard the writer's room can be a difficult place for female writers because it's a bit of a boy's club. Is that, like, a gay thing?(totally cool if it is)

How did you get out of your worst case of writer's block?

Thank you for your kind attention.

• Like 2

Done and done. $20 commin at u bros.

Good idea, VB. I'm on it.

PS - Where's the fucking HH t-shirts, guys?

As a dad, I understand the importance of making sacrifices for the people I love, so that's why making a donation when I see other people doing it was an easy decision for this lovable bear

Just donated. Thanks for leading the charge, VB

How much do ads cost? Maybe I'll just but a Tim's Vlog ad...

We got BRRII, Anastasia, NiceDad, and TakeHomeJoke donating. And we got Tim Treese considering paying a butt load (thanks, Anastasia) of money to place an ad.

Who else is gonna donate to show Sean and Hayes that they can't break us? We're forum strong!

• Like 5

Ill donate again in someone's name if they truly don't have 20 but really wish they could donate.

• Like 2

Ill donate again in someone's name if they truly don't have 20 but really wish they could donate.

What a kind gentleman!

• Like 1

Just real chill dude with an extra twankie for my bros Sean and Hayes. But yeah, ladies know I gots the manners.

• Like 2

Dear writers, are you writing any hip, new-media-friendly pilots to fill the vacuum left by the tragic demise of Selfie?

• Like 1

i feel stupid right now, I thought he had only been on the one. Also Joe Wengert is fucking awesome-kills it every single time he is on CBB or I4H. I hope he is a close friend of Hayes and Sean

Speaking of feeling stupid, I only just started watching Workofholics on the Comedy Center. It's great! Cannot believe it took me this long to give something that Mr. Clements is involved in a whirl. And everyone on it has been a guest on HH. Plus I just watched the college flashback episode where Sean plays an effete theater director. And wasn't that a nice treat for me

• Like 1

Dear writers, are you writing any hip, new-media-friendly pilots to fill the vacuum left by the tragic demise of Selfie?

Selfie's been cancelled? No! It's from the creator of Suburgatory and Brian Huskey is on it. Why would they do this to me?

• Like 1

1: I've heard a lot about Writer's Block, the part of New York and L.A. where all you Script Daddies live. Why do you all want to get out of there if the rent is so cheap?

2: Is your AV Club GPA on your resume? How mad are you at Louis C.K. and Vince Gilligan for messing up the curve?

3: I've noticed that Holiday Episodes often air before the actual holiday. How do your families deal with you having to miss the previous year's festivities to film and write them? Tap your mic twice if this is too inside baseball.

4: Regarding the actor/writer dynamic, what makes you think you know what pretty, popular people would say?

5: Speak on the psychological ramifications of being paid to do something 1000 monkeys could do. Do you feel guilty for their species' high rate of unemployment?

Thank you for your consideration

• Like 1

Hey writers, when you writes for a show like Office Space or Parking Decorations or Work of Holics, and those shows takes place in an office, is you also writing in an office in real life? How confusing is that?

• Like 1

Why don't you write more genies into shows. And why dont they be boys

With the liberal media announcing that a navy seal killed osama this week, and not Chris Pratt (EVEN THOUGH THERE IS VIDEO FOOTAGE IN THAT DOCUMENTARY WITH THE MEAN RED HAIRED LADY), is Chris Pratt mad or is he more worried about punching disanour butt in Jurasic perk

Why hasn't anyone made a tv show about me

People are horrible to each other out there. That's why I avoid the world and hang out in this forum. You guys are nice. Even Chanson, deep down inside.

I feel like this is some sort of dig at me disguised as a gracious, if a little sedate, acceptance of my magnanimous nature. I will not be fooled so easily.

Hey BRRII if you wanna throw the 20 for me I'll send u a dub of south FL finest. I don't do good with electronic payments I just don't trust them!

Dear writers, where do all the bad jokes go?

• Like 1

here's my "funny" question.

Writers, when you hit a wall with your writing, but then some one writes a dick joke to get through the wall, is that a glory hole? Cause I think it's something different but I'm not in the city of angelos so what do I know lol right? Right???

• Like 3

Hey BRRII if you wanna throw the 20 for me I'll send u a dub of south FL finest. I don't do good with electronic payments I just don't trust them!

I'm no attorney but I'm relatively certain this is so many different felonies it's not even funny. Actually, the felonious nature of this post does, in fact, make it more funny so please disregard my last statement.

Donated as well.

Speaking of Sean's improv, has Project Improvisor ever been discussed? I watched it years ago and only recently realized that Sean was on it. There's also a fun commentary track with Sean talking about the episode where he was leminaided.

EDIT: Also, on rewatching the first episode just now, I noticed that Rich Sommer was in the first round.

THIS IS SOME FIND. LOOK AT DAT MANTZOUKAS.

• Like 1

I'll be honest I don't have the financial flexibility right now to donate $20, but I hope Sean and Hayes know that my loyalty to the HH brand and forum is priceless.

• Like 4

I was gettin' real spoooked listening to that part about mouse skellingtons, cuz they could be ANYWHERE.

Also, does anyone remember the episode where they were talking about "yes all women, and us as well"? That bit still buss's me up on the reg.

• Like 1

i tried to pitch making a shirt that says "what up what up" to the execs but i don't think anybody was listening to me.

Did you try going "Hey, you know how to cover your body you wear a shirt?" thats how S&H taught me to pitch

• Like 3

Also, does anyone remember the episode where they were talking about "yes all women, and us as well"? That bit still buss's me up on the reg.

That would be episode 36 with John Cockring, starting at 3:30.

• Like 2

Do you guys have any stories about meeting people who you're a fan of?

Sometime in the late 90s I sang "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer" with the actual Elmo (from Elmo & Patsy) on a snowy dark night in the woods of southern Arkansas. Way too cold for people to be doing music. He was an old man but you could still tell he had some shine and magic left inside. I fed him a couple lines standing there while the band played. I was only up front because I volunteered to do the singing part, learned the lyrics. Otherwise I would've been playing trombone as usual in the back of the stage. The thing with Elmo being there was totally random. We just picked the right holiday shindig to be at. But whatever, I also been Chuck E. Cheese. We all been Chuck E. Cheese in our own way. Thanks to everyone else who shared stories that will go on to inspires and junk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEMY_c7U9OA

• Like 2