🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 180 — Horses

Tig talks about dealing with her girlfriend's career success and Kyle checks in with the Tower of Doom in his house and whether he has breast cancer. Then, horse expert Erin Whitehead is the hatch to talk about her childhood horse Magic and share her breadth of horse knowledge. Then, everyone discusses their experiences with horses and communicating with animals and feels nostalgic about the old childhood game "stick throw". Finally, the show ends abruptly with some bad news.

• Like 2

Is it just me or is David getting fed up with this podcast?

Yea, I get that feeling too, and to be honest at this point I wouldn't mind if he left the podcast. He seems so at odds these days with Tig and Kyle's riffing.

I went back and listened to the big foot episode featuring Doug Benson and it was like listening to a different person.

• Like 1

The professor's recent attitude towards introducing the topic evey week will never get old for me

• Like 4

You should've cut that out, you really should've... LAWLZ

Regardless, this is my favorite Earwolf podcast. I LEARN SO MUCH! (no, but it's hilar)

I don't think David wants out and I would be very sad if he did leave. He plays just as important a part as the other two do. This isn't JUST a comedy podcast--sometimes they express their true reactions/hurt feelings to things. Like people do. Like all three did at the end of the podcast.

I thought this was a great ep, thanks to Tig, Kyle, David, and Erin!

• Like 3

I don't think David is tired of the podcast at all but more so can get a little on edge when Kyle interrupts his story 4 times with different bits (which is funny btw) but I can understand it getting old for him especially when they're doing several episodes a day. Also if it wasn't for him so many episodes would stray off topic. Sometimes David is the punching bag (though not in a mean way) for so much of Kyle's ribbing it has to get aggravating occasionally. I'm not trying to shit on anyone though love the podcast as it is.

Basically what I'm trying to say is David seems to be totally up for bits and silliness but doesn't like being consistently interrupted while he's trying to tell a personal story. It can be frustrating.

• Like 2

Yea, I get that feeling too, and to be honest at this point I wouldn't mind if he left the podcast. He seems so at odds these days with Tig and Kyle's riffing.

Great to hear that 180 episodes in you decided the third cohost of a free podcast should jump ship because it'll make your life oh-so better. Oh well I guess since his presence is such a nuisance to you not only will you not be posting here anymore but I guess you'll never listen to the podcast anymore. Man, what a loss! Oh well, BYEBYE.

• Like 1

I can see the case for cutting the ending, but I thought they all handled it well and David was particularly articulate despite the circumstances.

Really fun episode prior to that. Tig's Christopher Reeve riff was incredible. I feel like the Wild Horses quadrilogy ending with an episode about horses should cause the universe to collapse into itself or something.

• Like 1

For those that are complaing about David, remember they have been doing batch recordings back-to-back, so you may be hearing a lot of just tired. You need David's focus and, at times, straight man attitude to make this as perfect as it is.

• Like 5

Poor David. He's just a regular human. If i were him, I'd definitely be weighing the benefits (career boost or whatever) of putting fairly significant time into something and not getting paid to do so (especially when one has to make a living). However, I hope that the success of the kickstarter confirms his faith in all things blastoff. I think the dynamic would suffer without him.

And regarding the abrupt ending, my only issue is that I read a vague post about it on the facebooks and then read the episode description prior to listening. So for me, being a perpetual worrier, I was really consumed with this unknown tragedy for the entire episode, so I couldn't really enjoy it much. The whole time, I was thinking "Oh, you guys are laughing and joking now, but just wait until we get to the end..."

Oh man, this ending... Sigh. Hug your favorite comedians, people!

In David's defense, I believe at this point they've been recording episodes non stop, several times a day. And I think that's a really hard thing to do, to stay on topic, to be in a small room with the same people, to remain engaged and be funny. So yea, David's doing what lot of us would do in that situation, IMO. So everyone just needs to chill and sign up for stamps.com!

This was a good topic. Erin was very very! All the extended riffing on horse sounds was choice. Tig is more into monkeys, sweet. When is that episode going to happen? Have to figure out who the monkey expert is in the comedy community.

Group dynamics can be tricky. Tig, Kyle, and David have been through some serious stuff together. Wild horses couldn't break them apart. Or at least maybe only the ones running along the beaches of North Carolina.

• Like 1

Tig is more into monkeys, sweet. When is that episode going to happen? Have to figure out who the monkey expert is in the comedy community.

Indisputably, June Diane Raphael.

• Like 9

David your stories are boring and horrible and unfunny, you should welcome Kyles brave attempts to salvage them.