🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 1514 - Matt Besser

I'm a huge fan of I4H(saw them 3 times int JFL MTL this summer) but I have to say that some of my favourite podcast episodes are with Matt Besser just chatting. Love hearing about that early improv scene. Great Ep.

• Like 5

As you found out, "54.40 or Fight" was a matter of border dispute between the US and Canada over at what latitude the Oregon Country ended and the Columbia District in western Canada began...more or less the last time, during the 1840s, that the Yanks and Canucks (as still British colonists) were likely to go to war. Somehow I thought of "20 Flight Rock" (not even Chris Rock).

I wonder if Jimmy's memory of "Detroit Rock City" might be driven in part by radio-play, where the cleanup noises/news bulletin might well've been cut off...

And, even more trivially, the person with the not-quite-Besser number might've just gotten it...some third person or company might've been ignoring Pardo texts for years...

this was one of my all-time favorite episodes of NNF, having heard every season

love old working comic stories, love dishing on comic gossip, love when old friends of jimmy's are on the show

• Like 9

this was one of my all-time favorite episodes of NNF, having heard every season

love old working comic stories, love dishing on comic gossip, love when old friends of jimmy's are on the show

yeah this was awesome. I'm just going to have to get the primo version.

Greggy, has Mantzoukas ever been on? Seems perfect for the tone of the show. Also, is the Matt Gourley episode as good as it sounds in my head?

• Like 2

i would have sworn he had been but now i cant find an episode, maybe he was on pardcastathon?

matt gourley episode was really good, mostly in matt gourley being fun and personable but not in him being hey really giger and seeing the movie what is called praydater

• Like 3

i would have sworn he had been but now i cant find an episode, maybe he was on pardcastathon?

matt gourley episode was really good, mostly in matt gourley being fun and personable but not in him being hey really giger and seeing the movie what is called praydater

You've convinced me. Time to join the players club and go back through the past few seasons of videos. Mmmm hmmm.

• Like 2

debating changing my title over there <--- to "cumfreak"

• Like 3

That Apple commercial is so bad (apparently), I can't even find it on all of the internets! I found an article about how bad they are, but the video is set to "Private". This was all I could find:

• Like 1

ok so I've been binge watch/listening to the second episodes from last season and this one:

Matt Gourley delivers. Every. Single. Time.

April Richardson. Just, April Richardson.

GO GET THE PLAYERS CLUB IF YOU DONT HAVE IT. TOTALLY WORTH THE PRICE.

• Like 3

if you go back for older seasons, imo you should skip or leave for last season 12, they got on this random-number gambling tangent that was incredibly boring

• Like 1

Welcome to the club. It feels like Mantzoukas is long overdue for a NNF appearance. As was Matt Besser(he was on a early live episode though). Its definitely worth the price with 2 episodes a week. You're looking at around 80-100 hours of entertainment for just 30 bucks? Hard not to go for it.

• Like 1

Just to see the pricing for TPC you have to create an account? I know I can uncheck the "join the mailing list" box, or failing that, probably unsubscribe from emails later, but it seems like an an archaic, shitty way of doing internet business.

a few older episodes show up on itunes. I'm guessing they are episodes pre-earwolf?

Just to see the pricing for TPC you have to create an account? I know I can uncheck the "join the mailing list" box, or failing that, probably unsubscribe from emails later, but it seems like an an archaic, shitty way of doing internet business.

i'd say send a email to them about it, they probably have just never thought about it before. if it makes you feel any better about making an account, ive never gotten any emails that werent related to billing from them

the older episodes were freebies they put out to entice folks in to signing up i believe

• Like 2

hey brr its your first fresh players club, savor the moment

• Like 2

Gotta make a special mini-ep culling you guys talking about ADPPP. I'd love to hear Jimmy talking about it from then. That one episode turned me on to Earwolf and Superego, and Andy Daly and Matt Besser as Nazi Pope and Matt Gourley as H.R. Giger and everything about it love all of you

Sign in to follow this