🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 159 — Rainbow Bridge

Baron Vaughn, Amanda Sitko, Joe Hartzler, Mookie Blaiklock are ghosting the world on this week’s improv4humans with Matt Besser! They’ll also browse through the foggie section of a cellphone store, make their way to the rainbow bridge, and follow the life of a bragger. Plus, everyone debates a caller as they discuss Monica Lewinsky comparing herself to Tyler Clementi in another edition of Case Closed. Humans, watch Matt Besser & Rich Fulcher’s Adult Swim infomercial parody “In Search of Miracle Man” November 10th-14th at 4am. Program your DVRs now humans. Be sure to watch many of the stars of improv4humans on the new Hulu series Hotwives of Orlando. This is some funny shit and it’s all available now on Hulu Plus. Make sure to get the Upright Citizens Brigade television show season 3 now available on DVD, the UCB Comedy Improv Manual, Matt Besser’s new comedy album at mattbesser.com, and Dragoon’s new album at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com!

Holy moly, I cannot handle this! They haven't even started the first scene and I'm already losing it. ^_^

• Like 2

Excellent episode! So glad about the return of case closed.

I do have a question for Matt, after his scenario about the two inexperienced hikers getting into some sort of trouble. Since you have no empathy for these hikers who knew the risks of performing such a dangerous activity, how do you feel about the recent beheadings of Americans by ISIS, who arguably also knew the risks of what they were doing? Should America concern itself so much with those people when hundreds of other innocent people who live in Syria are killed every day?

Excellent episode! So glad about the return of case closed.

I do have a question for Matt, after his scenario about the two inexperienced hikers getting into some sort of trouble. Since you have no empathy for these hikers who knew the risks of performing such a dangerous activity, how do you feel about the recent beheadings of Americans by ISIS, who arguably also knew the risks of what they were doing? Should America concern itself so much with those people when hundreds of other innocent people who live in Syria are killed every day?

The case is closed but please don't think I have no empathy. I brought up hikers to try to show a sliding scale of empathy. Those reporters were doing their job like a fireman who dies in a fire. I have empathy for them for sure. A hiker carelessly hiking and putting others in danger gets less of my empathy.

• Like 4

The case is closed but please don't think I have no empathy. I brought up hikers to try to show a sliding scale of empathy. Those reporters were doing their job like a fireman who dies in a fire. I have empathy for them for sure. A hiker carelessly hiking and putting others in danger gets less of my empathy.

Great response, thank you Matt.

One sentence into case closed (by the guy calling) and I am in a rage. Did anyone else hear the clear implication of 'he brought over a dude'. Oh! Okay! Once it's a 'dude' all bets and common humanity are off? Awesome.

• Like 5

Anger aside, the last year of I4H has just been amazing. No matter what funk I am in, this show can bring it out. It is one of 3 shows I would be willing to pay for each week beacuse I NEED it. This was just another STELLAR episode. How do we get Matt Besser his own talk show?

No it's Bio-Pic, as in BIOgraphical PICture. People who pronounce it bi-opic are idiots who don't understand it's an abbreviation.

• Like 7

Listening to this episode right now, I wish that Matt got one of the guys defending Monica Lewinski in the last thread rather than some random guy on Twitter. This dude is making terrible arguments, he can barely state his point. This is not a fair representation of the argument why Monica Lewinski does not deserve the criticism she has received.

This has been a reoccurring problem with Case Closed. Some random person is plucked from Twitter then they come on the air and it turns out that they can't defend their point to save their lives.

The people in the other thread were making much better arguments! Matt, can you bring someone onto case closed that actually knows what they are talking about??

• Like 3

I always secretly hope that the caller is going to really go toe to toe with Matt but man did this guy blow it. Mostly because I think Matt was so on point . Like I was basically cheering for Matt the whole time.

The scenes were spectacular as well. I'm not sure why the girl who was obsessed with putting pennies in her mouth was so funny to me but the premise alone just killed me.

• Like 1

No it's Bio-Pic, as in BIOgraphical PICture. People who pronounce it bi-opic are idiots who don't understand it's an abbreviation.

Yeah I said it as BiOpic for a long time only to realize I've been saying something like an idiot my whole life.

Listening to this episode right now, I wish that Matt got one of the guys defending Monica Lewinski in the last thread rather than some random guy on Twitter. This dude is making terrible arguments, he can barely state his point. This is not a fair representation of the argument why Monica Lewinski does not deserve the criticism she has received.

This has been a reoccurring problem with Case Closed. Some random person is plucked from Twitter then they come on the air and it turns out that they can't defend their point to save their lives.

The people in the other thread were making much better arguments! Matt, can you bring someone onto case closed that actually knows what they are talking about??

Thomas invited everyone on this forum who had a strong opinion to join the Case Closed. I even told him to have mutiple callers on at the same time if need be. Only this guy showed up.

• Like 1

Did you click on the Cambridge Dictionary pronunciation guide?

Are you calling the Cambridge DIctionary a 'bunch of idiots?'

It IS pronounced that way and yes it's obviously an abbreviation but it doesn't it change or preclude it from being pronounced that way- correctly.

• Like 2

The "biopic" issue here and relevant research into how it's pronounced (something I'd never considered before) has now ruined my life. Or at least my evening.

"I got a whole buncha cummy clothes."

Great episode.

It IS pronounced that way and yes it's obviously an abbreviation but it doesn't it change or preclude it from being pronounced that way- correctly.

I think Cambridge dictionary is calling Americans a bunch of dumbasses because they read the word and guess how it's pronounced without knowing how the word is derived.

• Like 1

Getta load of this prescriptivist over here! All appealin' to authority like language isn't a shared construct that is shaped by its users! Whatta galoot!

• Like 3

Aaagh, I really wish I hadn't decided I was too shy to speak on Case Closed! It was so frustrating to listen to some inarticulate goober cede the case to Matt from the get-go. I honestly think this was a slam dunk case against Matt, but the guy came out of the gates with a homophobic non sequitur and all was lost. (I don't think he was genuinely homophobic, he just didn't know what to say to Matt's opening statement and then in his ramble conflated moral norms and prudential norms.) With friends like these....

I think maybe the Twitter goons are the only ones who are willing to call in to a show? I don't think any of the Case Closed people have ever been at all convincing. Ugh, I'm disappointed with myself for not stepping up now. I thought someone capable would take over.

• Like 3

Matt can pronounce things how he wants, hydrogenated or Biopic or whatever. It makes me think about how the guy who invented gifs said it's pronounced "jif" and fuck that, it's forever "gif."

• Like 7

Really?- Really?!

'Language is a shared construct'

My whole comment was in response to the other improvisers insisting their version was the correct one.

Hey - we can all call up down and down green if we want.

But you're right it is shared- and shared implies understanding so if there's a misunderstanding then the construct isn't functioning effectively.

-What a Jay. (look it up)

• Like 1

Besser destroyed this Case Closed. DESTROYED.

On a side note, having this great ep, plus Matt on NNF and DLM this week has been fantastic.

the scenes were very funny, shame about the case closed caller

• Like 2