🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Ofcoursemyhorse

Ricochet (1991)

Another great Lithgow performance is his season on Dexter. I think it’s season 4? Maybe season 5. It’s the best season of the series, right before it starts to turn to shit.

The best Lithgow accent is obviously Lord John Whorfin in Buckaroo Banzai. I think he put one on in Footloose too but I don't remember for sure.

"Use-a more honey! Find out what she knows!"

I have never even heard of this movie, but from your posts it sounds perfect for the podcast. May have to watch it on HBO!

I’m just glad this fn hidden gem of a movie is getting some heat on here lol. This movie is straight bananas. Oh and Ice T is in it too lol so boom got even better.

It actually used to be an inside joke with a friend of mine that we'd say "You up for the house special?" to each other because of the sequence where:

a) Lithgow surreptitiously records Denzel Washington flirting with a waitress, then

b) Drugs Denzel into unconsciousness with heroin, then

c) Hires a prostitute to have sex with his unconscious body, while

d) Videotaping, so he can

e) DUB the dialogue from the waitress flirting over the hooker video so it looks as if Denzel is conscious and participating, then

f) Publicize the videotape to ruin Denzel's reputation, WHILE

g) As a bonus (or maybe part of the plan question mark?,) giving Denzel a VENEREAL DISEASE

And this is just, like, PART of his revenge plan.

• Like 1

I haven’t watched it in quite some time, but I’ll always remember the line where John Lithgow tells a prison guard (While Lithgow is in prison, plotting his revenge, I think) that he’s going to floss with the guards’ wife’s pubes. Classy stuff!

It's impossible for me to say which part of his plan of is my favorite, but another particular highlight is the sequence where Lithgow uses a disguise to trick his way into Denzel's house while his children are with a babysitter. Where he somehow charms them all into drinking hot chocolate he's drugged with sleeping medication so he can take a video of him pantomiming that he's going to axe them all while theyre all passed out, but doesnt and just leaves.

c'mon y'all...time for some Ricochet action.  Denzel...Lithgow...Ice-T...that's all you need.

• Like 1

HDTGM could do months of Lithgow movies, all of them absurd and terrible; and he's amazing in every single one. 

On 12/8/2020 at 7:14 PM, nthurkettle said:

HDTGM could do months of Lithgow movies, all of them absurd and terrible; and he's amazing in every single one. 

Ricochet, Raising Cain, Buckaroo, Harry and The Hendersons, Cliffhanger would all be amazing episodes.