🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 321 — Big Fat Voice

I genuinely like Riddle Me This in all its chaotic silly/stupid glory. I hope Scotty doesn't dump it :(

• Like 2

Maybe bringing Coco Marx back into the equation should give Scott all the proof he needs of Riddle Me This' value? :P

It's been a while...

• Like 1

Hey Dan,

This has been happening with other shows besides CBB. Soundcloud has a switch to include eps in their RSS feed and occasionally Soundcloud decides to uncheck the switch after I'm all done uploading. I'm sure this is due to Soundcloud getting so many updates lately but I'm not really sure.

-J

Pretty sure I'm going to blame it on Cody.

• Like 7

I've always thought Ana Gasteyer was an under appreciated SNL cast member. I was quite giddy when I saw she was in this episode of Comedy B...Comedy Bu...this show. C+ show!

• Like 5

I love that when bigger SNL stars come on the show, they think that, although they're having a ton of fun and laughing a lot, the show is going terribly. (I'm thinking of Andy "Can a Podcast Get Cancelled?" Samberg here as well.) They're so used to high production values and jokes being refined by writers that they don't quite get that fucking around and getting lost in diversions is the show.

Gabrus is pretty astounding. Both of his impromptu stories about how his uncles died could have been stand-up bits written in advance. So quick and so sharp.

Has Scott had enough of Riddle Me This? Despite shutting it down early, I thought it was going pretty well this time! Gabrus and Gasteyer understood it clean out of the gate.

you realize samberg was joking, right? he's been on the podcast before, and he got on snl for making lo-fi production shorts

• Like 4

Ana is such a pro! Very very big time talent. So good. As a 5+ year college non-graduate in music I can say with mild authority that you want to jog to Charles Mingus. Pre-Bird (1960) for an upbeat pace. A Modern Jazz Symposium of Music and Poetry (1957) for an easy stroll.

• Like 6

Man, two straight weeks of killer first-timers.

Scott's dream SNL cast had me rolling. "From Garfield & Oates?" How psyched must he have been to get to do "Nasim Pedrad!" and "It's not a two more" within about a minute?

Engineer Cody Cody is as quiet as a church mouse fucking on cotton.

• Like 6

Engineer Cody Cody is as quiet as a church mouse fucking on cotton.

On the latest Ronna & Beverly, Cody leaned into the microphone to silently shake his head "no".

(I feel like I should start documenting all of his various podcast appearances as material for a Young Adult Fiction series, Ramhand: The Chronicles of Cody.)

• Like 8

Ana Gasteyer's SNL announcing was great too. Has to throw that in.

When she shrieked, "Nasim Pedrad!!" I did a spit take!

Edit: Just noticed I Jay Mohred 'spit take' from a couple comments above. I guess there are only so many ways to say, "I found this funny!"

• Like 5

I feel like Molly's character from last week would have worked better with a co-host like gino/besser/houseofpiesstarbennyschwazz

• Like 1

Plugs theme is finally really starting to take shape. Can't wait to hear it next week.

That was my plugs theme! I was so excited to see they used and enjoyed it! Also, great ep. Totally agree with everyone on how great Gino was. There was definitely some improve to be remembered on this one.

• Like 3

Just did an actual spittake at Gino's "Don't be barking at your baby like a dog its rude" rant.

I'm just waiting for the day I spray my monitor at work and all my office mates turn around and give me looks.

• Like 3

Scott: "... followed by The Birthday Boys. Have you ever wanted to see a sketch group with seven white guys?"

Ana: "Yeah, it's very unusual."

Gino: "I'm glad that the pendulum is swinging the other way!"

• Like 1

When she shrieked, "Nasim Pedrad!!" I did a spit take!

Edit: Just noticed I Jay Mohred 'spit take' from a couple comments above. I guess there are only so many ways to say, "I found this funny!"

I want to get a ring tone of her anti-Pardo reading of "Kyle Moooney!!" ... god bless Anna G. She's a great late-show guest, too, she cracked me up on Seth Meyer's show. And uh ... I dunno, I think I saw her on Ferguson, maybe the Daily Show. Point is, she's always hilarious :D ... (oh yeah, when she went on #LateTimesInTheNight w/Seth Meyer she was booked the same night as Martha Stewart, so that was pretty cool... Martha Stewart has never sung a single song, or note, in her life, you know).

• Like 2

Gabrus is so sharp, it hurts. I can't get enough Gino.

This episode was just a joy.

• Like 5

One of Gino's best yet. I loved his just-barely-in-character ribbing of Scott.

When is Gino getting a podcast? At the very least a parody of that "Nerdist Interns" thing Nerdist used to do.

I would love if they started a teens only podcast with Traci Reardon, Todd, Marissa Wompler, Gino and Neil Campbells teen charac.

• Like 2

When Gino mentioned desalinizing the ocean, I wanted Scott to say "instead of desalinizing the ocean, they should just add pepper!" But I guess Scott doesn't listen to old foam corners as often as I do.

• Like 3

I would love if they started a teens only podcast with Traci Reardon, Todd, Marissa Wompler, Gino and Neil Campbells teen charac.

Todd and Rick Faber together would be great

I'd also love to hear what Sanz would do as a teenage character

Edited by ianx3

Alex Borstein, Ana Gasteyer.... it would be awesome if this was a trend, and we got a Nicole Sullivan next week, then Molly Shannon. Debra Wilson, Cheri Oteri.... all the great 90s sketch comedy women.

(FYI, Ana's album is on Spotify if'n you're the kind of fella that has a taste for some swingin' jazz tunes.)

• Like 1