🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 321 — Big Fat Voice

You aren't at fault. There's an issue where metadata for the latest episode appears in Earwolf's feed (rss.earwolf.com) but attempting to download the audio file results in a 403 Forbidden error. If you view the CBB feed directly on SoundCloud (feeds.soundcloud.com), however, this episode doesn't even show up. This suggests there's a switch that needs to be flipped on SoundCloud to make private files public, and that switch is sometimes overlooked.

Mmmm, metadata? Forbidden stuff? Sounds like a buncha jargon that should be discussed on a Wolf Den ep or something. Not that I would ever listen to the second least (soon to be least!) popular podcast on Earwolf.

Gino referenced Marty Jannetty, therefore he is my favorite character of all time. If he followed that up with anything about a barber shop window I don't even know what I would do.

• Like 2

I would love if they started a teens only podcast with Traci Reardon, Todd, Marissa Wompler, Gino and Neil Campbells teen charac.

And the Bachelor Brothers, babe.

• Like 1

God, this was a great episode. Sleeper pick for the best of the year list.

One of the best of the year. Mookie's character was genius, Gino always rocks and Ana was a perfect guest.

Alex Borstein, Ana Gasteyer.... it would be awesome if this was a trend, and we got a Nicole Sullivan next week, then Molly Shannon. Debra Wilson, Cheri Oteri.... all the great 90s sketch comedy women.

Kelly Coffield! In Living Color deserves love, too.

Mookie's story about losing his daughter killed me.

I'm pretty sure mookie's character was based on Robert Patrick roles. I mean, it was a spot on Robert Patrick impersonation. Didn't he lose a daughter on the X-Files or Lost? Fantastic.

3eCZNln.jpg

you realize samberg was joking, right? he's been on the podcast before, and he got on snl for making lo-fi production shorts

Yeah, he was joking, but I think the joke came from his spending time in a world where people might say things like that. He was legitimately surprised at Scott's insistence on replaying and replaying that song. I guess I shouldn't say that the bigger guests don't get the show: they quickly catch on to what the show is, but find it surprising and refreshing and usually make comments that reveal that the crazy freeform nature is a novelty for them.

Going to relisten today. So many quick Scott <--> Gino one liners I'm sure I missed some.

A few weeks ago someone commented on the Besser episode about how the barely in character co-host really works on this show and they're right.

I've loved the Wompler specials, but I kind of hope she goes back to being a co-host. That St. Clair/Besser/Gabrus/BennySchwaz co-host element really freaking works. Almost too well. I feel like we need to slow time to fit all the jokes in.

Yeah, he was joking, but I think the joke came from his spending time in a world where people might say things like that. He was legitimately surprised at Scott's insistence on replaying and replaying that song. I guess I shouldn't say that the bigger guests don't get the show: they quickly catch on to what the show is, but find it surprising and refreshing and usually make comments that reveal that the crazy freeform nature is a novelty for them.

you realize saddlebags was joking, right?

• Like 1

you realize saddlebags was joking, right?

I think that comes from his spending time in a forum where people might post things like that. I guess I shouldn't say that the bigger posters don't get the forum: they quickly catch on to what the thread is, but find it surprising and refreshing and usually make posts that reveal that the crazy freeforum nature is a B) for them.

• Like 1

I think that comes from his spending time in a forum where people might post things like that. I guess I shouldn't say that the bigger posters don't get the forum: they quickly catch on to what the thread is, but find it surprising and refreshing and usually make posts that reveal that the crazy freeforum nature is a B) for them.

You realize hypnotizingchickens was joking, right?

*Also, if there's anybody on here that loves Gino's appearances and has never listed to Improv4Humans, go and listen to every episode with John Gabrus. He's one of the funniest people on the planet.

• Like 3

I think it's worth noting that Riddle Me This was working for a while, it just kind of flamed out for some reason. If I recall correctly, the exorcism ep with Cake Boss and H.R. Giger had a good one, as did the ep with Phil Lord and Chris Miller. But yeah, can't argue with Scott's poignant acknowledgment that he just can't seem to make the game work at this point.

I really hope Riddle Me This doesn't go away, I love it. then again I also love Jukebox Jury so what do I know?

• Like 1

I really hope Riddle Me This doesn't go away, I love it. then again I also love Jukebox Jury so what do I know?

Man, I would love to see a return of Jukebox Jury. I got into CBB right around the time it fizzled out. Always wished I could submit a song for Scotty to groan at.

• Like 1

Man, I would love to see a return of Jukebox Jury. I got into CBB right around the time it fizzled out. Always wished I could submit a song for Scotty to groan at.

Isn't the forum still active for that? There must be a million entries that have never been used. Maybe it needs its own show lol.

Ana was fucking funny on this. (So were Jon and Mookie.) I love it when a new guest is clearly enjoying herself and "gets it" really quickly.

Gino shines on every episode he's on. He's a good buffer for Scott when someone's never been on before, and great as a sidekick. I see the day when he'll take over for PFT -- too busy being great on superego or various great new projects -- on the best ofs, and while sad, also funny.

• Like 1