🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
justinmh05

Christmas suggestions

We're close to that time of the year, so what would our dream movies for the two christmas episodes be?

My pick is the 2004 disaster Surviving Christmas, which came at the nadir of Ben Affleck's career. He plays a rich, depressed asshole who pays two strangers (james Gandolfini, Catherine O'Hara) to pretend to be his parents for the holidays so... he can have a nice Christmas, I guess?

This is a really strange movie. Gandolfini can hardly contain his utter disinterest. Not even the great Catherine O'Hara could save this one.

It was advertised as a wacky comedy, but in reality it was extremely melancholy and depressing - with awkward bits of physical comedy thrown in haphazardly. The result was a huge box office bomb.

Here is the trailer:

• Like 4

How about the excruciating Tim Allen/Jamie Lee Curtis classic Christmas with the Kranks. It's about as cynical as Deck the Halls was.

• Like 1

How about the excruciating Tim Allen/Jamie Lee Curtis classic Christmas with the Kranks. It's about as cynical as Deck the Halls was.

Definitely a contender!

Santa Claus The Movie might be fun too.

What about one of Vince Vaughn's bad Christmas comedies with either Fred Claus or Four Christmases for this year?

Oh, maybe Jonathan Taylor Thomas trying to make it as a movie star after leaving "Home Improvement" with I'll Be Home for Christmas? Not only did this film fail, we haven't heard much from him since!

• Like 1

Just like Safeway's as soon as Halloweens over IT'S CHRISTMAS TIME EVERYONE!!!

Please no Tim Allen movies, I don't find him funny. just remember your going to have to watch this movie again at some point in time.

Personally, I can't think of Christmas with out saint Nicolas.

25tgmj7.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGHRkervPL4

Trapped in Paradise (1994)

how many Christmas movies has Ben Affleck made? mind you that Surviving Christmas sounds tempting.

I wish Nicolas cage would do a Santa Claus movie. Bad Santa 2: new Orleans? something a rather.

• Like 1

How about the god awful 2006 reboot of Black Christmas? With its $16 million in domestic box office, Black Christmas is the lowest grossing horror movie remake or some sh*t like that (Source Wikipedia - yeah so it must be true!)

There's enough nonsense for Paul, enough to be upset about for June and without question enough to arouse Jason too!

A crazed maniac chasing sorority girls at Christmas - what's not to love there! :o

Trailer:

"One Magic Christmas," in which the main character's husband loses his job, then he gets killed in a robbery, then her kids are abducted and killed, and Harry Dean Stanton plays an angel. Oh yeah, this is by Disney and it's rated G. This is a kids' Christmas movie! HTFDTGM?

• Like 2

i kind of doubt they'll do a movie so similar to deck the halls this year. monkey shines isn't even a Halloween themed movie.

Wasn't there a straight-to-video sequel to "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" from about a decade ago that just had Randy Quaid in it? I can't imagine it's any good...

• Like 2

Yep, just discussed on the latest DLM, actually. I believe the subtitle is "Cousin Eddie's Island Adventure".

• Like 1

Wasn't there a straight-to-video sequel to "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" from about a decade ago that just had Randy Quaid in it? I can't imagine it's any good...

How many Christmas movies has Tim Allen made?

There is still is

with Will Ferrell. the most annoying Christmas movie EVER!

with James Caan, Bob Newhart, Peter Dinklage, and OHH FUCK! Zooey Deschanel in it, that killed it. Not happening. look away. thanks Zooey you killed christmas. i hope she's happy.

Why do you hate joy?

• Like 3

are you kidding?! Elf is a masterpiece. my opinion is slightly biased considering I was only 13 when it came out... but as far as family Christmas movies that are actually enjoyable for all ages go, it's hard to compete with.

in other news, I'm on team Allen. I work at a video store (yes, they still exist) and every time I see his face on the cover of a DVD, I'm baffled at the extreme lack of Tim Allen movies in the HDTGM canon. despite Mr. canada's trepidation, I feel the Santa Clause would be perfect fare for this show. I watched it all the time as a young child and if my memory serves me it's just as, if not more, absurd as all of the Christmas movies that have been covered.

suggesting Elf, however, is fucking blasphemy.

• Like 5

I've seen it! I even recommended it here once, http://forum.earwolf.com/topic/12035-christmas-vacation-2-uncle-eddies-island-adventure/page__hl__%2Bchristmas+%2Bvacation__fromsearch__1

holy shit is it insane. It's genuinely really bad. but I'd still love to hear them talk about it because it's beyond belief how it could've gotten made

It's a made for tv movie so I'm not sure they'll do it

• Like 1

What about one of Vince Vaughn's bad Christmas comedies with either Fred Claus or Four Christmases for this year?

I think Fred Claus is an excellent choice. There's some funny enough moments to make it watchable, it has an impressive cast, and has a lot of weird or upsetting moments.

are we talking about the same movie here?

I am shocked at how many Tim Allen christmas movies there are. looking at IMDB it's shocking.. there is only one good Tim Allen movie listed there and it's Toy Story. Hands down the best one he's in and you know why that is because we don't get to see his face in it.

Just my two cents.

I am shocked at how many Tim Allen christmas movies there are. looking at IMDB it's shocking.. there is only one good Tim Allen movie listed there and it's Toy Story. Hands down the best one he's in and you know why that is because we don't get to see his face in it.

Whoa, whoa, whoa--Galaxy Quest is a damn fine movie, otherwise I would probably agree with you...

As for Christmas I am leaning toward Trapped in Paradise, the Christmas Vacation sequel, or Ernest Saves Christmas.

• Like 2

I am sorry, firsttimecallerlongtimelistenr.

That Graumpy Cat movie reminds me of a video we like to watch each year from the BBC...

Grumpy Guide To Christmas BBC

I sorry about the right channel audio, I didn't encode it.

there is a great part in that about christmas card terror.

Fred Claus is very awful. The Mo-Cap Christmas Carol with Jim Carrey was also terrible. I think I recall Scrooge surfing on roofs at one point.

I always found The Family Man to be pretty WTF.

I was looking on Wikipedia's list of Christmas movies to find some, and noticed this:

Lethal Weapon Recently widowed undercover cop is teamed up with cop who's too old during the holidays to solve a murder.

Which makes it sound as if the partner turns into an old man during the holidays, and I think would be a delightful idea for a film.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this