🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
justinmh05

Christmas suggestions

Happy Thanksgiving. I didn't want to start a new thread, so I am putting this here. I am very thankful for HDTGM, Paul, June, Jason, the interns, the engineers, and bad movies, of course, but I am also thankful for this board and all the regulars who post throughout the week. You make me laugh and often introduce me to other entertainment I didn't know about. My Thanksgiving resolution is: Now that I have figured out how to "like" a post on my phone, I will show my appreciation more often. I hope you all have a great day and watch a turkey with family and friends.

• Like 5

Since next week is episode 100, this means a Christmas movie has got to be their main pick! Guesses guys?

are we talking about the same movie here? I am shocked at how many Tim Allen christmas movies there are. looking at IMDB it's shocking.. there is only one good Tim Allen movie listed there and it's Toy Story. Hands down the best one he's in and you know why that is because we don't get to see his face in it. Just my two cents.

Galaxy Quest is pretty entertaining

• Like 2

Galaxy Quest is pretty entertaining

Galaxy Quest is the best Star Trek movie ever made

• Like 1

It's IMDB's worst movie of all time. WORSE than Birdemic.

http://www.imdb.com/chart/bottom

Not only that, I think you should have Brad Jones (A.K.A The Cinema Snob) to be a guest host. He already did a hilarious review of it.

http://blip.tv/the-cinema-snob/midnight-screenings-kirk-cameron-s-saving-christmas-7107802 (Brad Jones on right)

Saving Christmas is number one on the list but the question remains. is it unwatchable bad or entertainingly bad.

Birdemic to me is entertainingly bad.

Fred Claus would be good, i've never watched that movie yet. but i like Paul Giamatti and yet I some how find myself swearing at the type of movies he agrees to be in. Like lady in the water, yet i sort of liked that movie oops.

No minisode today! Looks like there isn't going to be a holiday movie this year.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions this soon... they've definitely dropped episodes in the middle of the day before.

No minisode today! Looks like there isn't going to be a holiday movie this year.

Someone fucking call Kirk Cameron to save the Christmas episode!
  • Like 2

Maybe Paul's parents' broom closet, which he used for a studio for last year's holiday mini ep, was booked up all week for recording a Steely Dan album.
  • Like 1

Could be a delay for a terrible New Years movie instead of Christmas?

New Years Eve maybe.

Also, Fred Claus is not nearly as good as the Mitchell and Webb sketch with the same premise where Santa's brother knocked up Mrs. Claus.

• Like 1

Someone fucking call Kirk Cameron to save the Christmas episode!

Kirk Cameron is christmas. its still not too late for santa paul to come down our chimney with a chirstmas miracle podcast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkWQeObjkt4

The last Christmas movie was Deck the Halls and it got released December 31, 2013 right after that was Jack Frost and that got released January 14, 2014 strange that they would release them so late after the fact. so we can't re-PVR the shows when they are on a endless loop on cable/ internet streaming sites.

What X-mas movie would you love for the HDTGM crew to discuss this year?

To me the answer is obvious... Ernest Saves Christmas. Basically just to get June's  confused yet titillated reaction. 

I used to watch Ernest Saves Christmas every Christmas Eve as a kid!

For movies to cover, they can do "Fatman" where Mel Gibson plays Santa who assassins are trying to kill. Doesn't release until next week so I don't know if its going to be worthy of the podcast.

Sign in to follow this