🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
justinmh05

Christmas suggestions

this is listed on Youtube as Elf-Funniest Moments did you laugh once?

Yes. Laughed once. What do I win?

Yes. Laughed once. What do I win?

just because you don't laugh doesn't mean it's not a comedy. i can't believe that has to be explained to you.

Grumpy cat would be my choice. Current and it features an animal which would be a nice holiday follow up from Monkey Shines. That trailer looked so awful.

The Mo-Cap Christmas Carol with Jim Carrey was also terrible. I think I recall Scrooge surfing on roofs at one point.

speaking of Jim Carrey, they should just do the live-action Grinch and call it a day.

anigif_original-grid-image-23067-1389812616-29.gif

• Like 5

One good thing about this theme is that almost all of these movies will be airing somewhere on TV at some point in December.

mariami- is the Grumpy cat movie on the level of this.

The Christmas Consultant: I have no idea how one would even see this other then by downloading it illegally and I don't even think you could do that as it's looks that bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wK61Fi1oL8

This trailer is sponsored by robitussin: Now with codeine.

totalfilm.com has a list of the 100 worst christmas movies on number one is "Surviving Christmas"

Mixed Nuts (1994) is on that list that looks promising.

Two Vince Vaughn movies on that list, Fred Claus (2007) and Four Christmases (2008)

Christmas Vacation 2 is talked about on

round up list 35min mark.
  • Like 1

I vote for "Ernest Saves Christmas" ...the scene where he plays the snake wrangler--"Them snakes is PIZON!"--still cracks me up to this day.

totalfilm.com has a list of the 100 worst christmas movies on number one is "Surviving Christmas"

There are a surprising number of a)Christmas-themed horror movies, and b)terrible Christmas movies.

There are so many things in there that we could follow up with: the other Jack Frost, more of Jim Varney's oozing sexuality, Hulk-a-mania, brother.

just because you don't laugh doesn't mean it's not a comedy. i can't believe that has to be explained to you.

Someone has to laugh for it to be a comedy.

Also, if you notice, I was the first person to call JarryCanada next level bonkers for suggesting Elf as a bad movie. Try to keep up here.

I personally agree with "surviving Christmas". its an excruciating experience. although, I would love to hear them talk about "coopers Christmas". it may very well be the funniest Christmas movie of all time. trailer:
full movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnT1O2ptoQQ

Seconded. Christmas should be a time to do Ben Affleck movies.

Technically, it's a comedy if it has a happy ending; but, if you don't laugh, it's probably not a funny comedy.

Also, if you notice, I was the first person to call JarryCanada next level bonkers for suggesting Elf as a bad movie. Try to keep up here.

I was talking about this movie.. ya that's the ticket.. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G1WEixEYa8

I am sorry if I hurt your feelings and had a opinion, lets move on.

I kinda feel like we should defer to jarrycanada about Christmas movies, because he probably lives closer to the North Pole than most of the rest of us.

• Like 1

Y'know, I actually wouldn't mind if they did a few of the messed up Christmas cartoon specials. There's one, I think it was called "Twas the Night Before Christmas" (based on the poem) about a bunch of mice. The premise is that Santa Claus is going to bypass this town because one of the main mouse's sons (He has glasses so of course he is a nerd/intellect) writes an op-ed about how Santa doesn't exist. Then the whole movie is about how his "free thinking" and his unwillingness to conform with everyone else has ruined Christmas for everyone. So, y'know, exactly the kind of message you want to send to a small child.

• Like 1

Technically, it's a comedy if it has a happy ending; but, if you don't laugh, it's probably not a funny comedy.

Technicality no down boo over.

• Like 1

Y'know, I actually wouldn't mind if they did a few of the messed up Christmas cartoon specials. There's one, I think it was called "Twas the Night Before Christmas" (based on the poem) about a bunch of mice. The premise is that Santa Claus is going to bypass this town because one of the main mouse's sons (He has glasses so of course he is a nerd/intellect) writes an op-ed about how Santa doesn't exist. Then the whole movie is about how his "free thinking" and his unwillingness to conform with everyone else has ruined Christmas for everyone. So, y'know, exactly the kind of message you want to send to a small child.

I like this idea. You could definitely do the "Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer" stop-motion TV movie from 1964. It basically tells the story of a persecuted loner whose differences make him an outcast until that oddity helps a slavemaster in enacting his yearly magic ritual. Speaking of which, as has often been stated, if Santa is powerful enough to visit all the children of the world in a single night, how does he not have the magic to produce a more reliable headlight than the nose of a reindeer?

And I found the "Twas the Night Before Christmas" cartoon you were referencing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au9QS9Zh5yo

• Like 1

I like this idea. You could definitely do the "Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer" stop-motion TV movie from 1964. It basically tells the story of a persecuted loner whose differences make him an outcast until that oddity helps a slavemaster in enacting his yearly magic ritual. Speaking of which, as has often been stated, if Santa is powerful enough to visit all the children of the world in a single night, how does he not have the magic to produce a more reliable headlight than the nose of a reindeer?

And I found the "Twas the Night Before Christmas" cartoon you were referencing:

Thanks for posting Quasar! First of all, how nightmarish is Santa in that? I also second "Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer" for all the reasons you stated above, and really any Rankin/Bass special. In Rudolph, and in a lot of them, Santa is not really nice at all! I think there is one where he has a cold and he is like, "Well, Christmas is cancelled" and just generally acts like a d-hole.

One of the reasons I really support these specials, especially in the context of HDTGM, is how many hours must have gone into making them. You would think in that amount of time someone would say, "Wait a sec, is this the message we really want to put out there?"

Thanks for posting Quasar! First of all, how nightmarish is Santa in that?

Pretty horrible. He looks like if John Wayne Gacy decided to take time off from being a clown during the holidays and try for a part-time gig as a mall Santa.

• Like 1

I know that HDTGM usually doesn't cover older movies, but I would like to see them cover the Mexican film Santa Claus from 1959. It's an insanely weird movie but as bad as it is, it is less painful to watch than Santa Claus Conquers the Martians. For the most part. But I think this year might be good since Rifftrax is doing a new riff for it and I know that Paul has mentioned the possibility of getting Mike, Kevin or Bill on some episode (of course, he mentioned it a long time ago, if I remember).

Also, Santa Claus: the Movie (people aren't talking about this one enough).

That Kirk Cameron movie looks utterly insane. I must see it.

It's weird, because Christian movies usually do well at the box office (at least relatively speaking) and get some attention, but I've heard literally nothing about this movie other than wherever I came across that poster image.

"The Night They Saved Christmas" (1984): Jaclyn Smith and her kids try to help Santa stop an oil company from blowing up Santa's home by telling the oil company exec where the oil is really located (i.e., at a different polar site where drilling will not interfere with Santa's Christmas-related activities). Art Carney plays Santa (straight up, not a "Twilight Zone" rummy Santa) and Paul Williams plays an elf. It was made for TV, but I think the whole movie is on YouTube. This thing gets pretty dark at times. When this was broadcast, my girlfriend (now my wife) and I were seniors in college and had just moved in together. We were spending our first Christmas together. We cuddled up to watch the network's Jaclyn Smith Christmas offering, and we essentially got Shell Oil shelling Santa until Paul Williams abducts some kids to convince the only permanent Charlie's Angel to get on a snowmobile and--I can't remember all this, but her husband in it is Paul Le Mat at his least charismatic. That was 30 years ago, and that movie still pisses me off!

Sign in to follow this