🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 58 — Dave King, Steve Hely, and Kevin Etten, Our Close Friends

Hayes and Sean start the show by critiquing segment theme song submissions from fans. Then, on the first Hollywood Handbook writer's panel, DAVE KING, STEVE HELY, and KEVIN ETTEN join the boys to talk about TV writing, real writing, the creative process, conflict, and alt and main jokes. Then, the Popcorn Gallery is back to ask the panel about their A/V Club GPAs, cams, and the writer's room boys club.

Sean singing the intro to "Can't Tell Me Nothing" over and over was very, very funny to me, but holy hell, the pipes on that guy!

• Like 10

If there's one thing I like in podcast is when 2 groups of people are talking over each other.

• Like 5

So I'm at the 17 min mark, and I'm going to have to agree with Sean and Hayes here.

These theme songs are a little to 'Rapegazey' for me.

cardigans note is a really good one.

• Like 4

Thanks for critiquing my Gmail Roulette theme. Here's my official statement as posted on my Facebook:

Oh wow. A theme song that I wrote, and honestly spent a lot of time on, was featured on this podcast that I love. And while... I mean, yeah they could have been a little nicer, I consider their criticism very constructive and I'm probably a better song writer for it. My song comes on at 12:24 for anybody interested. And again, I worked really REALLY hard on it.

Thank you for this opportunity

-DBC

• Like 8

Um guys, do you ever get the feeling that Sean and Hayes are our two angry fathers who we are constantly trying to please and gain the favor of but we never do and they are always mad and critical of us.....ugh, maybe I need to get back in therapy.

• Like 8

finally finished up the episode--MAAYYYBEEEE was the best PG I have ever heard. i loffed quite a bit at their answers to the final question

• Like 2

Great ep as always; it's about time a show finally gives us a peek "inside the writers' room." On a different note, has anyone else noticed how many new people have been posting on these boards lately?

• Like 10

AV Club GPA is such an obvious yet genius prospect, props to the burger slut for that one.

• Like 3

A good episode that features the guys "behind the scenes" and really shows some of the reasons they are back there and maybe they should even stay there

• Like 5

I'm listening to the episode right now between classes. The part where the panel all talks over each other to answer Clem's question made me homesick for this place and I felt compelled to come and join the chorus.

Hug Life is just waiting for us all to wear ourselves out...

-Sent from my Apple Phone

• Like 2

I thought this was a nice good show, but also cool and funny. I didn't like that the guests were mean. AV Club community grade B+ for me

• Like 1

I'm not impressed so far. Not telling how far in I am.

• Like 13

That was an extremely business like "What up what up" at the top of the show. Really set the tone. I appreciate the in-depth discussion of the Beach Boys and general music theory, but I prefer my fifths to be of vokka and Jack Daniels. Thanks for playing everybody's theme songs! Very fun ep!

• Like 4

crazy--slowly but surely this is becoming like a REAL forum where there is more than one thread going at once--just saw brgrho's t shirt designs and the donation idea in other threads

• Like 3

I never want to work with Joe Mande.

Is "SaladJesseRapheal" supposed to be like "Jordan Jesse Go"

• Like 1

liked this ep, ending was very funny, good work mr sean and hayes

• Like 7

I never want to work with Joe Mande.

Congratulations.

You can decide what I mean by that.

----------------------------------------

Still not impressed. Still not done with the episode. Still not telling.

Fuck off.

(It felt like this post needed a "Fuck off" thrown in.)

• Like 5

Great ep as always; it's about time a show finally gives us a peek "inside the writers' room." On a different note, has anyone else noticed how many new people have been posting on these boards lately?

Nice job, Cam.

• Like 1

Sean singing the intro to "Can't Tell Me Nothing" over and over was very, very funny to me, but holy hell, the pipes on that guy!

Is sean kanye west? asking for a friend

also i want john mulaney to come on the show so play nice boyzzzz

• Like 1