🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 206 — Career Killing Commercials

Howard kicks off the show with a congratulations to the first ever winner of dragon manner memorabilia. Then, Kulap and Howard are joined by the Bitter Buddha himself, Eddie Pepitone, who makes his introduction by explaining why cops are the best story tellers. Then, the gang breaks down all the great culture that France has offered the world. And in our movie segment the group discusses the advantages to casting a drama, with nothing but comedians. Then, Eddie explains the consequences for playing with a Ouija board from Staten Island, as well as what commercial's are a healthy career choice. Lastly, in an intimate and revealing segment, the Bitter Buddha fields questions from Chartists!

• Like 1

She's from Israel orrrr Sweden. Same diff.

I agree with eddie on this one- Tove Lo sounds like someone imagining real suffering instead of someone who probably

got broken up with by text by a dude she went out with for a month.

I know he has a schtick to maintain but Pepitone's feigned shock that teenagers govern the Top 40 charts was irritating. Water is wet?!

Funny ep otherwise.

• Like 1

"you shouldn't sing about anything dangerous in a falsetto."

PREACH, HOWARD!

it should also be noted that Eddie Pepitone is my favorite podcast guest of all time... he brings a realness that is fucking palpable.

• Like 3

^if realness is movie spoilers and ear-piercing, forced laughter at one's own jokes- I will take a fake guest any day.

I hope Howard's video game corner is a reoccurring segment. They did something like this for the first ep with Steve Agee, and if you must know, it was a great ep.

Video games for Whooch Prime and Howitt's Fantasy Rotowire update on Twooch.

This also may have been the closest match of "Jaws is Better", or "Nothing's Better than Jaws". I've never thought of Jaws as a movie about making tea and whistling.

^if realness is movie spoilers and ear-piercing, forced laughter at one's own jokes- I will take a fake guest any day.

you listen to a show partly about movies, you really expect no spoilers?

• Like 3

you listen to a show partly about movies, you really expect no spoilers?

Nobody's never revealed a massive twist/surprise plotpoint on any episode I've listened to. Please feel free to direct me to another such instance.

UFF

I love him, but Pepitone really pulled you into a "Grandpa is complaining about the youth and 'the French' again" mood.

I mean, WW II, really?

"These songs are maid by people who haven't suffered" LAWLZ

The xenophobia in general was quite harsher than in other episodes...

Still had fun and loved the ep, but oy...

• Like 1

Wow... can't believe that huge spoiler. Really pissed about it. At the very least edit it and warn us.

• Like 1

Was that Jack White covering La Roux for Eddie's intro? Never mind, there's no way that's true. It does sort of sound like his voice, though.

lol. That's what I thought.

even if a major spoiler hasn't happened before, which I doubt, you shouldn't really be surprised by it given the show content. he didn't even realize he spoiled the movie, he was just telling a little story. It wasn't a dickhead move. quit crying about a spoiler

• Like 3

even if a major spoiler hasn't happened before, which I doubt, you shouldn't really be surprised by it given the show content. he didn't even realize he spoiled the movie, he was just telling a little story. It wasn't a dickhead move. quit crying about a spoiler

So if something happens for the first time in 300+ hours of content I shouldn't be surprised? Something that is widely frowned upon, no less? Brilliant logic you have there.

• Like 1

Oh and he spoiled Gone Girl, what a dickhead.

Gone Girl has been out for over a month, right? How interested are you in this movie?

• Like 4

I'm generally pretty spoilerphobic, but this is a very popular movie that's been out for six weeks, so it's not really that egregious IMO. I would also say that, because it's an actual good movie, it's perfectly enjoyable even if you already know that.

Really loved this episode because it felt like classic Whooch, where they genuinely discussed all the chart entries and everything had plenty of room to breathe. Jaws is Better and the whole dynamic between Howard and Eddie is a goddam delight.

• Like 4

Gone Girl has been out for over a month, right? How interested are you in this movie?

You're right, as a full-time student working nights and weekends I was totally asking for a movie I intended to see to be spoiled for me.

So if something happens for the first time in 300+ hours of content I shouldn't be surprised? Something that is widely frowned upon, no less? Brilliant logic you have there.

Jaws has been spoiled 300 times

• Like 1