🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 206 — Career Killing Commercials

Spoilers are always going to be a touchy subject. I tend to be pretty ambivalent to them especially after a while...but when its a thriller or mystery movie, giving away the twist or the whodoneit, is something I believe should be avoided. As someone who was going to see the movie with their wife when she had free time outside of grad school I'm really bummed that it was spoiled.

• Like 1

You're right, as a full-time student working nights and weekends I was totally asking for a movie I intended to see to be spoiled for me.

Welcome to the world kid. In life, you will make sacrifices, and you will have inconveniences. Yours is one of those first world problems. In the course of six weeks time, you couldn't balance a schedule to carve out 2.5 hours to see a movie, yet you think the world should stay silent until you get around to it. Let me relax my posture.

You will survive this. Things in your life will happen that will make you forget that this was ever a thing.

• Like 2

don't be so angry. the dickishness in the tweets i've gotten is crazy. i'm sorry about the spoiler, i have no idea what's a spoiler and what's not on a movie that i've never seen and they didn't say anything to that effect. i'm editing it now. all you have to do is ask.

• Like 6

don't be so angry. the dickishness in the tweets i've gotten is crazy. i'm sorry about the spoiler, i have no idea what's a spoiler and what's not on a movie that i've never seen and they didn't say anything to that effect. i'm editing it now. all you have to do is ask.

I'm placing the blame squarely on the guest's shoulders. I like the seemingly unedited nature of the 'cast otherwise. Sorry people gave you shit.

Yeah people being a dick to Stard is certainly uncalled for, its a minor thing. Like I said I'm bummed but no one should be so upset as to be actively mean, ESPECIALLY to the illustrious Stard, whose fault this is not. EDIT (also I hope my original post did not come across as angry, I was attempting to as politely as possible express my opinion. I overthink things)

• Like 1

Welcome to the world kid. In life, you will make sacrifices, and you will have inconveniences. Yours is one of those first world problems. In the course of six weeks time, you couldn't balance a schedule to carve out 2.5 hours to see a movie, yet you think the world should stay silent until you get around to it. Let me relax my posture.

You will survive this. Things in your life will happen that will make you forget that this was ever a thing.

I'm sorry, I thought this forum existed for fans to post thoughts and opinions on podcast episodes. In sorry my posts have ruffled your feathers so. Henceforth I shall use this forum strictly for fanboy fluffery.

• Like 1

you'll be at the top of the list

Check out the obsession.

I wasn't a dick to 'Stard in any way, shape or form. Nice try.

• Like 1

Swimming against a sea of yellow sheeple fish, I'm a daring freethinking pioneer red fish who cries about finding out the movie man killed his wife or whatever

• Like 5

Nevah has there evah been a bettah Jaws Is Bettah.

• Like 1

You stupid fucking babies. Now you have an engineer editing an episode to remove a 'spoiler' from a movie that's been out for over a month. If you were interested and actually gave a shit you probably should have seen it at this point, it's nearing the end of its theatrical run. If you were waiting for a pirated or VOD release you don't get to call people out for discussing plot points. Jesus christ am I fucking annoyed by this.

• Like 3

It's times like this that I'm thankful that Doug Loves Movies doesn't have a forum.

• Like 4

You stupid fucking babies. Now you have an engineer editing an episode to remove a 'spoiler' from a movie that's been out for over a month. If you were interested and actually gave a shit you probably should have seen it at this point, it's nearing the end of its theatrical run. If you were waiting for a pirated or VOD release you don't get to call people out for discussing plot points. Jesus christ am I fucking annoyed by this.

Wow, you're mad.

I love how bunched the panties get around here if somebody makes one complaint abput an episode. I didn't ask for the episode to be edited, I just said it was a dick move on Pepitone's part to spoil a popular movie that's still in theaters. What do you have to gain by your aggressive fanboy douchebaggery? Do you think Eddie Pepitone is going to give you an HJ for defending his internet honor? Nerds.

• Like 2

Wow, you're mad.

I love how bunched the panties get around here if somebody makes one complaint abput an episode. I didn't ask for the episode to be edited, I just said it was a dick move on Pepitone's part to spoil a popular movie that's still in theaters. What do you have to gain by your aggressive fanboy douchebaggery? Do you think Eddie Pepitone is going to give you an HJ for defending his internet honor? Nerds.

It wasn't a dick move because he had no idea he was spoiling it. He hadn't seen the movie, he was relaying a conversation with his dad.

• Like 1

Alright clearly it's no use arguing with the Pepitone White Knight Brigade, but I will say that by everyone's logic in here: movies should only run in theaters for 4 weeks, and anybody who didn't see them in that timeframe doesn't deserve to. Brilliant notion guys, you should all work in the movie business.

• Like 1

yeah, not to mention spoilers for Pearl Harbor in this episode as well.... fuckin' Eddie strikes again.

You're welcome on that one, now you don't need to see it. Unless you're talking about spoiling the outcome of the actual event of Pearl Harbor, which I feel like you can't blame on Eddie.

• Like 1

Wow this is insane, people defending spoiling of a movie without a warning?

the excuse that its been out for a month? is that really the buffer time for when anything in a movie can be spoiled? I fully intend to see this movie but didn't read the book, have been busy on weekends, and enjoy watching movies at home too... when released on DVD. What % of people who saw the Sixth Sense do you people think saw it for the first time within the first month it came out?? The movie is called Gone Girl, and to me that's a major plot point in it... This isn't like someone saying the titanic sinks at the end.... well I guess I don't know what its like because I read the forum before I got to that point of the pcast.

so thanks to those who got upset and commented, because as soon as they got to gone girl, I started skipping ahead until I could tell Eddie's story was over. i'm not one bit upset at eddie because he spoiled it without knowing it was a spoiler, nor would I expect it to be edited out.

Stard, I say in the future if it seems a movie/TV show plot point has been spoiled, pop in a quick Kulap: "Chart Spoiler" audio clip so people know to skip ahead a few times so as to not get mildly upset, voice their upsetness, and then get massively bitched out by total bitch bitches in the forums for no damn reason

• Like 3

What do you have to gain by your aggressive fanboy douchebaggery?

So, the appropriate reaction is to engage in a grade school tantrum of name-calling and posting threads across multiple forums with the very same spoiler in the title? Grow the fuck up. (Also, enjoy your week vacation.)

• Like 3

It's times like this that I'm thankful that Doug Loves Movies doesn't have a forum.

IIRC there's a thread for each episode on the AST forums, but I haven't looked in years. Doug posts in there sometimes.

Stard, I say in the future if it seems a movie/TV show plot point has been spoiled, pop in a quick Kulap: "Chart Spoiler" audio clip so people know to skip ahead a few times so as to not get mildly upset, voice their upsetness, and then get massively bitched out by total bitch bitches in the forums for no damn reason

I've never seen you before and you're giving me production notes and talking shit in the same sentence. I'll do what I want!

Please don't talk about the people here that way. I edited the episode already, it's over. You can still see Affleck's dong unspoiled. Oh whoops, spoiler.

• Like 8

Don't check AV Club's podmass roundups then, Doug gets a ridiculous amount of hate there.

I apologize for the drunken hostility of my last post but I stand by the idea that, especially in 2014, the time frame for when something can be 'spoiled' is very short. I can't apologize for that but it's the reality of the connected world we live in. Being a podcast built around the top music and movies I don't think it's reasonable to assume that six weeks after release a movie should still be considered off-limits for discussion. Cripes you could have heard that waiting at a bus stop, would you have yelled at the folks having that conversation?

Anyway, sorry again for getting riled up. I'm abandoning completely now.

• Like 1