🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 160 — Funky Kong

Holy shit that open was amazing. I was wondering what the deal was with the master blaster clip and thought it was a youtube clip cold open then I died when Matt announced he ran barter town aka case closed

• Like 1

Butthurt is really not rapey and/or homophobic. It is an internet slang term for an overemotional reaction to a perceived slight. Ironically, butthurt is the leading cause of another of today's topics, "swatting".

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/butthurt

The more you know!

Ps - we need more Michael Jackson references from Paul

You're a dummy. Now that's an example of something not rapey or homophobic.

• Like 2

I take offense to butthurt because my wife died of butthurt. In all seriousness tho, butthurt is childspeak and it's dumb that adults use it (or am I thinking of bottomhuht?). And my wife actually died from a preventable disease but we were roleplaying at the time pretty hard.

• Like 4

Dude, I completely agree that Matty B is handling this case closed issue rather poorly, but your insistence on using the term 'butthurt' is not helping. There are so many better and less vaguely homophobic/rapey terms you can use.

Oh damn, I never thought of butthurt having homophobic/rapey connotations, it seems so obvious now I'm embarrassed I didn't see it. I'm sorry I said it, won't be doing that again.

• Like 1

You're a dummy. Now that's an example of something not rapey or homophobic.

Yes, linking to a page that clarifies the usage history of and definition of a term makes me a dummy.

Butthurt is not homophobic. Why would it be? Because the word combines "butt" and "hurt"? What about heterosexual females that participate in receptive anal sex with well-endowed men? What about proctologists? They went to school specifically to deal with hurt butts. If anyone should be offended by the term butthurt it's them, since it makes light of their career choice. Case closed.

I take offense to butthurt because my wife died of butthurt.

this made me laugh really hard.

• Like 4

I always thought of "butthurt" referring to the buttcheeks and not the butthole. Like after you'd been spanked, you'd feel butthurt.

*shrug*

Mmm, yes, I definitely see the association between "an overemotional reaction to a perceived slight" and proctologists (and no one else). I mean I know you're trying to be funny and save face but there's no way you can't tell you're arguing in bad faith.

Good work there on connecting the dots and deciphering my sarcastic take on incorrectly deconstructing the word butthurt into a homophobic term.

People, people! What forum is this, reddit? Good grief. Bunch'a funky, butthurt masterblasters over here. #notallgamergatoraders #dontyoudaredoxxme

• Like 4

People, people! What forum is this, reddit? Good grief. Bunch'a funky, butthurt masterblasters over here. #notallgamergatoraders #dontyoudaredoxxme

there's a SWAT team on the way to your house

• Like 7

there's a SWAT team on the way to your house

I knew I forgot a hashtag! #alsoheymybuddiespleasedontswatme

• Like 1

welcome back to "Butt Talk!"

*Engineer Cody Cody drops a 3-second sting of EU's "Da Butt"*

• Like 3

Oh man, the sketch about the scamming grandma had me in stitches. Everyone was fantastic in this ep as always, but props to Pamela Murphy on that one. It was a little slow until she just threw out fist-fucking out of nowhere. lol. She also had the foresight to callback to Will Wheaton. That one was truly hilarious! This was a great episode, guys!

I do feel, as a Kong aficionado, that I must clarify that Funky Kong is more a surfer dude than a rap dude. But obviously he shoud be a rap dude, because a monkey rapping hints at you is apparently the funniest thing of all time. I legitimately can't think about that scene without laughing. A doctor driven to alcoholism and a family driven apart by being SO bummed out by the idea of Funky Kong.

To be fair, Funky Kong changes professions (and passions) pretty randomly as we get further away from the old Donkey Kong Country games. Remember in DK64, he went all "Ted Nugent" on us and changed his definition of funky to... dealing in heavy weaponry, lol. He's probably been a rapper in, like, a Mario Kart or something by now :)

3.jpg

• Like 2

I like it when they improv on something where their memory/knowledge is spotty, like with retro games they got about half the facts wrong and it just adds to the idea that these people that are supposed to be experts in this world are idiots.

• Like 2

Yeah, I liked how even though Matt had just been talking about Minecraft, Dan Lippert couldn't quite remember the name of it when in the scene so he said he was addicted to "Mine... uh... Sweeper."

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this