🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 1515 - Pat Francis

Was 1987 a good year for music? I looked up some 1987 albums I actually listened to in 1987, and...

U2's Joshua Tree was good then and is good now. I don't remember when I first heard of U2, but I know I was a little boy, wanting to be a big boy.

Savage by Eurythmics and Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me by the Cure were and are brilliant. Kick by Inxs was pretty good, and I don't hate those songs when they pop up now. Skinny Puppy's Cleanse Fold and Manipulate is difficult to judge by normal standards, but it's not quite the album the follow-up VIVIsectVI was.

Alphabet City by ABC, Girls, Girls, Girls by Motley Crue, Frehley's Comet by Ace Frehley, and Rover's Return by John Waite were records I bought because those acts had been good in the past and I was willing to take the chance they might be good again, but they weren't.

I loved Love by Aztec Camera at the time, and I remember thinking I was finally listening to some cool and sophisticated pop songs. I cannot recall one single note of that album today.

And for the record, the Randy Travis article is already reverted. Wiki is srs bznss.

[Edit: 2:11:08, Jimmy says my name. I'm gonna be a star.]

• Like 1

Off the top of his head, Jimmy pulls Def Leppard's "High n Dry." I'm impressed.

Trivia question is, how many no's are at the end of No No No?

stoked for players club, wonder who we get

• Like 2

yeah it looks like it went up early for a second and then got taken down. going to be awesome for sure.

WHATS YOUR O WORD GREGGY

• Like 1

oh boy you got me before i got to that part....im going to say origami

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this