🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 322 — YouTube Phenomahna

Wow! Seth's voice is completely transformed. Great character. Just when I think he can't impress me any more, he does.

• Like 3

Did you guys vote for the Best of 2014? I thought it was easy until I got down to my last 4 picks. Had to leave off some really good ones.

This is a tough one. My favorite moment is probably the "final sentiment off" in episode 265 with PFT and Lauren Lapkus. But there are too many good episodes!

I'm just gonna go back and listen to all of the episodes this year real quick to help me decide.

• Like 3

the image of Seth Morris whispering into a Saudi prince's ear is something I can't seem to get out of my mind.

also I've been listening to Call Chelsea Peretti a lot lately so this episode really hit the spot for me. I'm really far behind at checking out the Netflix specials that have been coming out this last year, but this is one that I'm definitely going to clear some time for... one hour, to be specific.

I've been listening to Call Chelsea Peretti a lot lately

Any eps in particular you could recommend? I have thought about checking it out, and I'd really like to start out on a solid C+.

James Adomian and Seth Morris have really cornered the market on portraying All-American weirdness and dysfunction. I mean, is there anything weirder that ASMR ("Autonomous sensor meridian response") and the cult that's grown around it?

• Like 1

Any eps in particular you could recommend? I have thought about checking it out, and I'd really like to start out on a solid C+.

The ones with guests are probably the best to jump into, and I think the one with Jenny Slate and Gabe Liedman is one of the better guest ones. You could also try the latest one with Brenden Walsh, which has a pretty great opening.

http://www.feralaudio.com/47-susan-sam-and-bong/

• Like 1

IMG_8735.jpg

dawwwwwwwwwwww

Good lord! How much make-up do they put on to make her into Gina?!?

Regards

• Like 4

I don't like Chelsea Peretti on a personal level

Look at old Sourpuss over here.

• Like 19

Ok. Here's my list (in chronological order). Now, there were a lot of good ones that I had to leave off and it broke my heart. But I'm really interested to hear what everyone else thought were the top ten.

#265 Live at RIOT LA (PFT and Lapkus final sentiment off!!! + first JW Stillwater)

#285 Solo Bolo (I know this is controversial, but I love Benny Schwaz and Scott together)

#289 Exorcism of Cake Boss (PFT is of course great as Rev Parsimony and I love Matt Gourley)

#300 Oh Golly you devil (an incredible display of Andy Daly's talents)

#301 They're Twins Jonah (Victor's podcast killed me! I have never laughed so hard)

#304 Womplar's Six Flags Birthday (What can I say...I love a log flume ride)

#306 Project Funway (DSOWD sound like they have so much fun together... plus the Walter White joke was great)

#309 Tony Macaroni (I needed to get at least one Claudia O'Doherty appearance in here. I'd say she's the breakout CBB guest of the year)

#310 Little Button Puss (John Gemberling stole the show)

#312 Grounded Me@ (I love Reardon and I love Hollywood Facts)

Ok, where do you all agree and disagree?

• Like 3

"So Before someone watches this soothing video they have to watch a Nestle ad or something?"

YES AND ITS AWFUL. Not that I'm into ASMR, those people are we-ird. Am I right guys? Yep not me, buncha weirdos.

Ok. Here's my list (in chronological order). Now, there were a lot of good ones that I had to leave off and it broke my heart. But I'm really interested to hear what everyone else thought were the top ten.

#265 Live at RIOT LA (PFT and Lapkus final sentiment off!!! + first JW Stillwater)

#285 Solo Bolo (I know this is controversial, but I love Benny Schwaz and Scott together)

#289 Exorcism of Cake Boss (PFT is of course great as Rev Parsimony and I love Matt Gourley)

#300 Oh Golly you devil (an incredible display of Andy Daly's talents)

#301 They're Twins Jonah (Victor's podcast killed me! I have never laughed so hard)

#304 Womplar's Six Flags Birthday (What can I say...I love a log flume ride)

#306 Project Funway (DSOWD sound like they have so much fun together... plus the Walter White joke was great)

#309 Tony Macaroni (I needed to get at least one Claudia O'Doherty appearance in here. I'd say she's the breakout CBB guest of the year)

#310 Little Button Puss (John Gemberling stole the show)

#312 Grounded Me@ (I love Reardon and I love Hollywood Facts)

Ok, where do you all agree and disagree?

I put in the first two Victor and Tiny episodes. The first Claudia O'Doherty. Cake Boss exorcism. Wompler's Birthday. 5th Anniversary special. Yoke Jams with Pardo and Bob Ducca. One of the Horatio Sanz, and both parts of Oh Golly.

I think Andy Daly has the lock on number 1, maybe number 2. Its a race for 3-10 this year.

• Like 1

I put in the first two Victor and Tiny episodes. The first Claudia O'Doherty. Cake Boss exorcism. Wompler's Birthday. 5th Anniversary special. Yoke Jams with Pardo and Bob Ducca. One of the Horatio Sanz, and both parts of Oh Golly.

I think Andy Daly has the lock on number 1, maybe number 2. Its a race for 3-10 this year.

Yoke Jams! That was such a good episode. Damn.

definitely check out the one with Jenny and Gabe (bong) and any episode with Brendon or Moshe, but one of my favorites is the one with (Adam) Scott... I forget the name of the episode and she doesn't list guests in the titles so it might take a second to find. I also listened to the one with Jordan Peele as Iyanla Vanzant the other day and I couldn't stop laughing... it took me an embarrassing amount of time to realize that it was just a character because I've never seen her show.

this isn't to say her solo episodes aren't just as amazing... it's just nice to have another person in the studio every once in awhile to react to the calls.

Yoke Jams! That was such a good episode. Damn.

Bob Ducca COMES IN LIKE A WREEEECKING BALLLLL!!!!! Plus, Pardo is hilarious when he's playing straight man to a character.

There's a handful of episodes that I really need to revisit. Sometimes I listen to them at 2 AM when they're released and I doze off somewhere in the middle.

• Like 3

Really fun episode.

Chelsea's special is great. I watched that and Wyatt Cenac's this weekend, and I really like the trend of doing something more elaborate than an hour of stand-up with maybe something extra at the beginning and/or end.

• Like 4

Has anyone else ever been afflicted with treadwood? I know this serious medical condition all too well.

Also, I agree that it was very difficult to vote for the best-ofs. After going down the list, I had 21 checked off. I had quite a few Sophie's Choices to make, although we know how derivative that film is of the great Der Kaukasische Kreidekreis, which itself comes from the 14th-century Chinese work 灰闌記, or Circle of Chalk.

• Like 3

"even a broken clock is 5 o'clock shadow twice a day...if it's set at 5 o'clock."

- epitome of Hot Sauce

Actually, Bryan and Scott, a broken clock set on 5 o'clock is ALWAYS 5 o'clock.

P.S. I know it's been a while, but my deepest condolences about your wife and sister, Bryan...

• Like 1

Hoo boy...my ex girlfriend was into that ASMR stuff. It's the most creepy, disturbing thing. Morris was spot on emphasizing the sound of lips smacking together.

• Like 1

The audience reactions in Chelsea's special are crazy funny.

Agreed^ Just watched it last night, and the whole thing is genuinely hilarious. Can't recommend it enough.

This was the first I've heard of ASMR, and I don't know whether to be glad or bummed that I don't have it. Personally I find those sounds incredibly annoying.

Once again Seth Morris shows that he is a character master with his hilarious subtleties - well done lads on another fantastic show

man i wanna hang out with chelsea l0l she seems like she would be fucking hilarious in every day conversation. she sure doesnt try hard to be funny