🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
CrustyDustReceptacle

Best of 2014: Stump for favorite episodes here!

I am legitimately sad that we are going to go a full calendar year without a Tim Heidecker appearance

Ya goofed, Scott!

I think about the above every Monday.

I snubbed and flubbed the Solo Bolo because I thought "that one doesn't need my vote" now I'm sad to see there aren't that many mentions I'm seeing here. Guess I need to vote again.

I'm all about Project Funway, any Victor/ Tiny and any Sanz.

I voted and forgot about LIVE from RIOT LA. If I could vote again, that would be in the top ten replacing the Holday Spectacular. The Closing Sentiment Off was just undeniably fantastic. And I probably should've voted They're Twins Jonah over the 5th Anniversary, but oh well.

Chronological Order:

Ep #261 - Nubile Agape (Horatio Sanz, Kulap Vilaysack & Shelby Fero)

Ep #262 - 2013 Holiday Spectacular (Nick Lowe, Jason Mantzoukas, Andy Daly, Paul F. Tompkins, James Adomian, Jon Daly, Neil Campbell, Paul Rust & Paul Scheer)

Ep #266 - The Calvins Twins (Taran Killam, Paul Brittain)

Ep #269 - Smaug's Kickstarter (Doug Benson, Paul Hornschemeier & Matt Besser)

Ep #283 - The 5th Anniversary Show! (Jessica St. Clair, Lennon Parham, Jason Mantzoukas, Lauren Lapkus, Matt Besser, Paul F. Tompkins, Paul Rust & Neil Campbell)

Ep #285 - Solo Bolo (Ben Schwartz)

Ep #286 - Time Bobby 3 (Bobby Moynihan, Paul F. Tompkins)

Ep #289 - The Exorcism of Cake Boss (Paul F. Tompkins, Matt Gourley)

Ep #304 - Marissa Wompler's Six Flags Birthday Womptacular (Jessica St. Clair, Lennon Parham, Lauren Lapkus, Jason Mantzoukas, Brian Huskey, Melissa Rauch & Andy Daly)

Ep #306 - Project Funway (Paul Rust, Harris Wittels & Michael Cassady)

My 10 in no particular order.

313 Gumbo Challenge (Ben Schwartz, Horatio Sanz, Paul Banks)

309 Tony Macaroni (Nick Kroll, Jimmy Pardo, Claudia O'Doherty)

301 They're Twins Jonah (Jonah Ray, Kumail Nanjiani, Brendon Small)

307 Ruth's Ross Dress For Loss (Tenacious D, Lauren Lapkus, Joe Wengert)

300 Oh, Golly! You Devil (Jason Mantzoukas, Andy Daly)

312 Grounded Me@ (Andy Samberg, Lauren Lapkus)

263 Hollywild (Ben Schwartz, Horatio Sanz)

319 Return to Suicide House Part Gore (Jon Daly, Brett Gelman, Allan McLeod, Nick Wiger, Caroline Anderson)

317 Tash.2 (Natasha Lyonne, Paul F. Tompkins, Mary Holland)

266 The Calvin Twins (Taran Killam, Paul Brittain)

301 (They're Twins, Jonah!) has Victor's podcast with the dentist, which made me laugh the hardest out of anything I heard all year. That's the only one I really want to highlight here.

• Like 4

301 (They're Twins, Jonah!) has Victor's podcast with the dentist, which made me laugh the hardest out of anything I heard all year. That's the only one I really want to highlight here.

I'm glad to see a number of people mentioning this. I have such a vivid memory of bursting into laughter while walking through town during that part. It just caught me so hard, I didn't even have time to realise or feel anxious about looking like a crazy person as a generally do when muffling podcast laughs in public. :P Incredibly funny bit!

Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap. I realize I totally forgot Lumber Hacked and Tony Macaroni, which are both absolute classics. SCOTT SHOULD ONLY BE ABLE TO PUT OUT 10 GREAT EPISODES A YEAR BECAUSE THIS IS TOO HARD

Ep #306 - Project Funway (Paul Rust, Harris Wittels & Michael Cassady)

This was such a good under the radar one. At the very least I'm sure the helikeschemicalssomuchhemightaswellbewalterwhiteoverthere part will make it in as a b-b-b-b-onus-s-s-s clip.

I feel as though everyone has one consensus great episode that they weren't as into as everyone else. For me it was the Exorcism of Cake Boss. I think I just loved HR Giger on the Travel Bug so much that I was kind of disappointed. I should probably give it a re-listen.

• Like 2

Thanks Scott for another C+ year. And even though PFT is still great and the undisputed mayor of podcasts, I think it's a good sign for the show that he's not going to dominate the top ten as much as he has previously. Also wish we could rank our lists so the really beloved episodes would be better represented.

1. Ep #309 - Tony Macaroni (Nick Kroll, Jimmy Pardo & Claudia O'Doherty)

2. Ep #310 - Little Button Puss (Kevin Allison, Pamela Murphy & John Gemberling)

3. Ep #265 - LIVE from RIOT LA (Paul F. Tompkins, Lauren Lapkus & Harris Wittels)

4. Ep #261 - Nubile Agape (Horatio Sanz, Kulap Vilaysack & Shelby Fero)

5. Ep #312 - Grounded Me@ (Andy Samberg, Lauren Lapkus)

6. Ep #292 - DJs Are Sleaze Js (Jenny Slate, Merrill Garbus & Jon Daly)

7. Ep #277 - Comedy Bang Me! (Chelsea Peretti, Paul Rust & Neil Campbell)

8. Ep #289 - The Exorcism of Cake Boss (Paul F. Tompkins, Matt Gourley)

9. Ep #306 - Project Funway (Paul Rust, Harris Wittels & Michael Cassady)

0. Ep #267 - That Wasn't It (I'm Back) [Hee Hee] (Jerrod Carmichael, Neil Campbell & Mookie Blaiklock)

Little Button Puss needs more love imo.

I'm glad to see a number of people mentioning this. I have such a vivid memory of bursting into laughter while walking through town during that part. It just caught me so hard, I didn't even have time to realise or feel anxious about looking like a crazy person as a generally do when muffling podcast laughs in public. :P Incredibly funny bit!

Same here. I still remember the stretch of the highway I was one when this came on. It was hard driving through the tears... :-)

I want to say this is the third non-summah I've been listening and it will be the first time I've voted...

and this coming year I need to start writing down which ones I truly love above the others, so I wont be in the position I am right now. I'm skimming through most of the eps from early in the year to refresh my memory so my votes are truly informed. So everyone keep telling your top tens, so I can be reminded to skim some more I may have forgotten.

• Like 3

Ruth’s Ross Dress For Less

- “Kick your Dad in the nuts and film it.” Regina Crimp (Lauren Lapkus)

I already know my list is gonna change because there were just too damn many great episodes! But here's where I am at this moment in time:

1. Ep #259 - Charlotte's Website (David Alan Grier, Lauren Lapkus & Joe Wengert)

Lauren Lapkus is always fantastic but she really blew me away on this one. Add David Alan Grier and Joe W... it had to go on the list.

1. Ep #262 - 2013 Holiday Spectacular (Nick Lowe, Jason Mantzoukas, Andy Daly, Paul F. Tompkins, James Adomian, Jon Daly, Neil Campbell, Paul Rust & Paul Scheer)

So. much. Awesome.

1. Ep #265 - LIVE from RIOT LA (Paul F. Tompkins, Lauren Lapkus & Harris Wittels)

There's always something cool about the live shows. Audience response can rally add another element. This one was my favourite.

1. Ep #267 - That Wasn't It (I'm Back) [Hee Hee] (Jerrod Carmichael, Neil Campbell & Mookie Blaiklock)

Mookie's Micheal Jackson just cracks me up.

1. Ep #274 - Oh, Golly! (Jason Mantzoukas, Andy Daly)

Mantzoukas and Daley. Had to be on here. And I chose this particular one because Mantzoukas claiming it was already one of the worst after only minutes in is priceless on its own.

1. Ep #280 - DuALity ("Weird Al" Yankovic, Paul F. Tompkins)

Weird Al. Alan Thicke. As a Canadian and a Weird Al fan, I am legally obligated to love this one. I would even if that weren't the case though.

1. Ep #289 - The Exorcism of Cake Boss (Paul F. Tompkins, Matt Gourley)

Can you ever have enough PFT? The answer is NO. This added to the Cake Boss mythos.

1. Ep #313 - Gumbo Challenge (Ben Schwartz, Horatio Sanz & Paul Banks)

This one was so insane, I adore it!

1. Ep #319 - Return to Suicide House Part Gore (Brett Gelman, Jon Daly, Allan McLeod, Nick Wiger & Caroline Anderson)

Full disclosure: I'm not always a big Suicide House fan. But this year, it just clicked for me and everyone knocked it out of the park.

1. Ep #321 - Big Fat Voice (Ana Gasteyer, Jon Gabrus & Mookie Blaiklock)

A very recent episode to be sure. But I had to acknowledge the amazing Gino somewhere. Ana is such a fantastic performer. And how many podcasts have a live arrest happen during recording?

• Like 3

I should also say: episodes with Jenny Slate, Nick Kroll, Chelsea Peretti and Claudia O'Doherty were also amazing. Picking a top ten is nightmarish... but in a good way.

• Like 1

Episode 260: Tiny Cheeseburger Story (Mike Birbiglia, Brendon Small as Victor Diamond and Tiny, Jon Gabrus as Gino Lambardo)

Episode 263: Hollywild (Ben Schwartz, Horatio Sanz as Coco Marx) <---- the first appearance of Riddle Me This, and maybe the only time it worked!

Episode 289: The Exorcism of Cake Boss (Paul F. Tompkins as Cake Boss and Reverend Robert Parcimonie, Matt Gourley as H.R. Giger)

Episode 294: Honk Shoo (Ian Edwards, Brendon Small as Bernie Fretts, Jessica St. Clair as Marissa Wompler) <----- Brendon Small fucking around on the guitar all episode cracked me up.

Episode 295: I Turned It On For The Dog Penis (Alex Anfanger, Dan Schimp, Lauren Lapkus as Traci Reardon)

Episode 305: CattleLickItUp (Kulap Vilaysack, Howard Kremer, Jon Gabrus as Gino Lambardo) <--- I loved the Gino character, and he was never funnier than this episode. He was on fire with the one liners all episode.

Episode 309: Tony Macaroni (Nick Kroll as himself and R. Shrift, Jimmy Pardo, Claudia O'Doherty) <--- Perhaps the best episode all year. The second half with Nick Kroll as R. Shrift had me in pain from laughing.

Episode 312: Grounded Me@ (Andy Samberg, Lauren Lapkus as Todd)

Episode 313: Gumbo Challenge (Ben Schwartz, Paul Banks, Horatio Sanz as Dante and Aaron Neville) <---- Horatio Sanz and Ben Schwartz is one of the better guest combinations on the show. Had to put it on here twice.

Episode 318: Lumber Hack (Wyatt Cenac, Matt Besser as Paul Funyuns, Jocelyn DeBoer as Bitsy Boo-Carmichael) <----seriously underrated in this thread. Bitsy Boo is probably runner up to Victor and Tiny as best new character this year and Scott's interactions with her were awesome.

• Like 4

My Top 10:

1. Ep 262- 2013 Holiday Spectacular

2. Ep 265- LIVE from RIOT LA (Wittels, PFT and Lapkus)

3. Ep 274- Oh, Golly! (Hands down the best episode IMO)

4. Ep 276- Live from SWSX 2014 (Braungher, Besser & Gabrus- I love me some Gino!)

5. Ep 283- 5th Anniversary Show (Whompler, Listle, Zouks, Bachelor Brothers, Mike the Janitor and Rearden return!)

6. Ep 285- Solo Bolo (Benny Schwas!)

7. Ep 289- The Exorcism of Cake Boss (PFT and Gourley... fantastic!)

8. Ep 300- Oh, Golly! You Devil! (the best "lost" episode...how can you not love Andy Daly?)

9. Ep 301- They're Twins, Jonah! (Tiny and Victor... nuff said!)

10. Ept 304-- Marissa Wompler's Six Flags Birthday Womptacular (need we say more?)

• Like 2

Scott's awesome on CBB - the TV show. Did you know that his favorite movie is "House of 1,000 Corpses"?

I also wanted to point out that as much as I love voting for and counting down the top episodes, I think it would be fun to expand the best of's to include awards like MVP, Best Character, Best New Character, Best Catchphrase, Best Plugs Theme, Funniest Moment, and probably a few others I forgot to mention. What I'm saying is I want to see the best of's stretch deep into February.

• Like 7

I also wanted to point out that as much as I love voting for and counting down the top episodes, I think it would be fun to expand the best of's to include awards like MVP, Best Character, Best New Character, Best Catchphrase, Best Plugs Theme, Funniest Moment, and probably a few others I forgot to mention. What I'm saying is I want to see the best of's stretch deep into February.

The answer to all of these would be Dabney in some way, shape, or form.

• Like 5

Lil Butt N' Puss was hands down the funniest episode of the year.

Ep #319 - Return to Suicide House Part Gore (Brett Gelman, Jon Daly, Allan McLeod, Nick Wiger & Caroline Anderson

Ep #267 - That Wasn't It (I'm Back) [Hee Hee] (Jerrod Carmichael, Neil Campbell & Mookie Blaiklock

Ep #270 - Off The Grid (Jon Daly, James Adomian)

Ep #272 - Sex Party Season (Gillian Jacobs, Paul F. Tompkins)

Ep #274 - Oh, Golly! (Jason Mantzoukas, Andy Daly)

Ep #286 - Time Bobby 3 (Bobby Moynihan, Paul F. Tompkins)

Ep #289 - The Exorcism of Cake Boss (Paul F. Tompkins, Matt Gourley)

Ep #300 - Oh, Golly! You Devil (Jason Mantzoukas, Andy Daly)

Ep #304 - Marissa Wompler's Six Flags Birthday Womptacular (Jessica St. Clair, Lennon Parham, Lauren Lapkus, Jason Mantzoukas, Brian Huskey, Melissa Rauch & Andy Daly)

Ep #314 - Y'all Heard Any of These Names Before? (Cameron Esposito, Paul F. Tompkins)

AGREED

Benny Shwaz MVP

• Like 1

Episode 312 Andy Samberg and Lauren Lapkus

Nice,

Well its Hollywood facts and we're going downtown

Going to Inglewood now

Everybody do your facts and know your stars

there's glits and glamer and lots of bars

Get a drink at a Club then go walk in front of Chinese theater

Hollywood Facts

TAKE OUT YOUR DICK