🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 59 — Paul Scheer, Our Close Friend

This week, Hayes and Sean are pissed about a certain "magazine" cover and they explain why. Then, PAUL SCHEER is in the studio to workshop a spooky script with the boys and talk about the process behind his podcast "How did this get made?" and MeowTV.

• Like 1

"Freeze. Hey everybody, I thought that guy was a frankenstein." made me laughie

• Like 5

Sean I hope your relationship with your mom's new boyfriend works out well. I know how tough it can be seeing a new guy be romantic with mommy, but if you can be nice to him, and eat some chicken with him periodically, then you both will be happy.

• Like 4

It seems that whenever they get a "good at improv" guy they go for reading a scrip they're working on. I think it would be funny if they got like Zach Woods or Matt Besser and just did the PCG. Can you imagine the tension? It'd be the best prank since season 3 of Punk'd.

• Like 9

I like it when guests try to explain to S&H the difference between a "skeleton" and a "skellington"

• Like 4

I enjoyed hearing the real and emotional moment when Sean was on the phone with his mom's boyfriend.

Sean, buddy, I've been there too. I was a child of divorce. It'll get easier, lil guy. Hang in there and don't be afraid to let him into your heart. It sounds like he's trying.

But when he leaves your mom, and he will, he is leaving you too. Then you should decide to be a loner who trusts no one and pushes everyone away before they have the chance to hurt you. You can never let yourself be vulnerable again.

• Like 7

I'm glad I could finally loff about the whole "magazine" issue, because I was so angry all week about it. Preciated that the guys were willing to tackle a topic that nobody has had the courage to talk about and do it in a way that actually made me buss up in a fun way.

• Like 1

Mr Sheer unexpectedly fell into a real truth with the Bernie Mac thing.

It's a little known fact that Sean was the real-life inspiration behind the Bernie Mac character, and Bernie stole his "I ain't afraid of you motherfuckers" catchphrase. That whole bit about adopting his crackhead sister's kids came straight from Sean.

• Like 3

Sean I hope your relationship with your mom's new boyfriend works out well. I know how tough it can be seeing a new guy be romantic with mommy, but if you can be nice to him, and eat some chicken with him periodically, then you both will be happy.

Maybe they can go to a nice restaurant, wheel in a big TV and enjoy some Blacklist together. Big Bonding Over Small Movies, is what I'd call a movie based on them doing that.

• Like 2

that being said, my favorite part of the episode was the quickness with which paul volunteered that explaining "the skellington's kiss" exclusively in the stage directions was a questionable move.

its very brave for a creator to hone in on a potential flaw in something he wrote himself (and spent a lot of time ensuring that it made total sense); i'm sure he took no joy in doing that

• Like 1

it was Manchego... the cheese... that Jill Biden got wrong... found it in my journal

• Like 19

it was Manchego... the cheese... that Jill Biden got wrong... found it in my journal

Thank you for the follow up. I was wondering.

• Like 1

Pretty embarrassing that the second lady of the USofA doesn't know her cheese.

• Like 1

I stumbled across this today through my google alert for "piss AND magazine AND boys." Its a little weird, not really what I was looking for. I'll probably listen to more of them later, and see if it gets better.

• Like 9

I'll probably listen to more of them later, and see if it gets better.

It doesn't.

• Like 3

Um, guys, this forum is feeling dry as a bone recently.

My life is currently unbearable and I've been using this forum (and beers) to escape into a fantasy world. Thus, we need to spice this place up a bit so I don't have to think about my shitty real life. Here are my suggestions for some fun ways to get this pot boiling:

1.) Post a photo of your stepmom or stepdad.

2.) Tell a traumatic story from your childhood.

3.) Share a project that you're working on (even if it's just a nugget of an idea)

What do you think?

• Like 5

May have found a new strain of PVX, digging through RNA sequence data to prove it.

No? I just fell asleep typing that.

Also, I quit smoking cigarettes a while back. NOT all it's cracked up to be.

• Like 8

May have found a new strain of PVX, digging through RNA sequence data to prove it.

No? I just fell asleep typing that.

I don't know what you said, BRRII, but it sounds pretty special.

PS - I like your wolfpop photo. You look tough.

• Like 1

PVX is a virus, I'm not a pathologist but this project just fell into my lap so I'm doing the bioinformatics as an appendix to my masters. Nerd shit that isn't cool and won't get me any run-off p.

Theeeeeeeeeeaaaaaannnnks. That's my incredulous look. Like, "da fuq is dis shii?" I hesitate to put a real picture of my dumb face on the internets cause I don't have cool make-up like greggy.

P.S. totes not tough. rugged potato farming makes it seem that way tho. just a real chill dude who likes to chill and rock a mean five o clock shadow.

• Like 5

Um, guys, this forum is feeling dry as a bone recently.

My life is currently unbearable and I've been using this forum (and beers) to escape into a fantasy world. Thus, we need to spice this place up a bit so I don't have to think about my shitty real life. Here are my suggestions for some fun ways to get this pot boiling:

1.) Post a photo of your stepmom or stepdad.

2.) Tell a traumatic story from your childhood.

3.) Share a project that you're working on (even if it's just a nugget of an idea)

What do you think?

1. I don't know how to do a picture

2. My childhood was perfect, and also good and nice

3. I'm working on my paper bottle collection

• Like 5

I've got this weirdass project going where I'm going to the hospital to get a cyst removed from my face that is making me depressed (not a bit). I'm also in my final year of college, doing graphic design, and I'm busy at that.

Damn Bruce, you're stealing my Irish stereotypes. The classic unshaven potato farmer look is my own wheelhouse that I've locked myself out of, and I can see the keys through a bad window.

Also I'm a mug and it's torturous.

• Like 7