🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 59 — Paul Scheer, Our Close Friend

PVX is a virus, I'm not a pathologist but this project just fell into my lap so I'm doing the bioinformatics as an appendix to my masters. Nerd shit that isn't cool and won't get me any run-off p.

Theeeeeeeeeeaaaaaannnnks. That's my incredulous look. Like, "da fuq is dis shii?" I hesitate to put a real picture of my dumb face on the internets cause I don't have cool make-up like greggy.

P.S. totes not tough. rugged potato farming makes it seem that way tho. just a real chill dude who likes to chill and rock a mean five o clock shadow.

"My name is Bruce. I fuck with viruses. I pull potatahs from the earth with my bare man hands. My beanie and five o clock shadow make me look like a longshoreman. And I can chill harder than a motherfucker." <-- This will get you the run-off p.

But I like hearing about the nerd stuff. Good luck with your virus.

• Like 6

I've got this weirdass project going where I'm going to the hospital to get a cyst removed from my face that is making me depressed (not a bit). I'm also in my final year of college, doing graphic design, and I'm busy at that.

Damn Bruce, you're stealing my Irish stereotypes. The classic unshaven potato farmer look.

Also I'm a mug and it's torturous.

Is the cyst that handle in your photo? You should keep it. It looks good.

(For reals though, good luck with the cyst removal and with your final year of college. Put some graphic design stuff up here. I'm sure everyone would love to see your mad skills.)

• Like 5

2. My childhood was perfect, and also good and nice

You weren't even tickle tortured?

• Like 2

Are they always this scary?

One might say they're "too scary."

• Like 1

Damn Bruce, you're stealing my Irish stereotypes. The classic unshaven potato farmer look is my own wheelhouse that I've locked myself out of, and I can see the keys through a bad window.

Half Irish, half Scottish. 100% hereditary alcoholism. Stereotypes abound.

Longshoreman selfie:

20141105_1133082.jpg

• Like 4

(For reals though, good luck with the cyst removal and with your final year of college. Put some graphic design stuff up here. I'm sure everyone would love to see your mad skills.)

Thanks.

Sure.

Here's a poster thing I did. Stop Breathin' is a Pavement song.

c118e94db9eeb1ca253be9814d02ff72.jpg

Here's an illustration.

OTWkqoA.jpg

I won a competition with this one.

4870639d1821152677f9680ccb18e3b5.jpg

Here's something I did especially for this show.

kYYmpFt.jpg

Sorry for such a long post.

• Like 14

Honlads, I love pavement!! I saw the video for Cut Your Hair on 120 Minutes when I was in middle school (ok I just dated myself) and I have loved them ever since. Nice poster!

Beautiful work here. I think you have a bright future, kid!

And I thoroughly enjoyed your Sean quote from earlier today. it bussed me up. Thanks for making that.

• Like 2

Half Irish, half Scottish. 100% hereditary alcoholism. Stereotypes abound.

Longshoreman selfie:

20141105_1133082.jpg

I used to work with longshoreman. You look way too educated and underpaid to be a longshoreman.

Also, when are you coming to Seattle to put that alcoholism to the test?

• Like 2

I used to work with longshoreman. You look way too educated and underpaid to be a longshoreman.

Also, when are you coming to Seattle to put that alcoholism to the test?

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, if the pass is clear next week I may be up there for some tanks gibbons festivities. How do you feel about lots of beer and smash bros on Wii U?

• Like 1

I'm the editor of Pissboy Magazine, so I guess you could call that a project I'm working on. I'm thinking of expanding it, and making copies to distribute to other people.

One Christmas in my early teens, all I wanted was a lacrosse stick, and I wouldn't shut up about how much I wanted a lacrosse stick. Christmas came, and I didn't get a ... wait, what is this? Behind the curtain is a lacrosse stick! I was over the moon, delighted and now I wouldn't shut up about how surprised and happy I was. My stepdad, who had just half-assedly propped the unwrapped lacrosse stick behind the curtain, genuinely thought that I'd known it was there all along, and that my delight and gratitude were feigned. This was weirdly heartbreaking to me and bothered me for years, but I talked about it with him eventually and it was all good.

I'm not putting up pictures of my family, I don't even know you people. But if you liked the childhood trauma story, I've got a dozen of them. Maybe more than a dozen.

• Like 4

waddup waddup!

Those guys talking about all those reality stars made me think this was some kind of reality show show.

• Like 3

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, if the pass is clear next week I may be up there for some tanks gibbons festivities. How do you feel about lots of beer and smash bros on Wii U?

1.) umm.... fucking fantastic. Duh. Is that even a question?

2.) You have gibbons in tanks? Is that humane?

3.) I think we're gonna be best friends. (I said that to make it weird [with Pete Holmes], don't worry.)

4.) Can we have an in-depth conversation about spearmint oil production?

• Like 2

I'm not putting up pictures of my family, I don't even know you people. But if you liked the childhood trauma story, I've got a dozen of them. Maybe more than a dozen.

Wait until they find out who you really are and add you on Facebook. That's a shock/real thing that happened.

Interestingly, it's been a real joy to see every good moment in these people's adult lives. So I can't really complain.

• Like 2

Wait until they find out who you really are and add you on Facebook. That's a shock/real thing that happened.

Interestingly, it's been a real joy to see every good moment in these people's adult lives. So I can't really complain.

That is terrifying! I don't even put up pictures of my family in my house, in case my friends see them. If my family visits me, I make them wear disguises. I'd never share something as special and secret as what my family looks like with someone as potentially treacherous as a friend. Much less a bunch of anonymous strangers!

• Like 3

Totally disagree with the boys about Kim Kardashian. I mean, I saw it and legitimately said "nomnomnom me wanna grab a spoon and eat it like 2 ginormous ice cream scoops. And you know I brought the chocolate syrup baby!" And there's nothing to be ashamed of about that. There are people starving in the world so when I see delicious food where a ladies butt should be yea I'm gonna want to eat it. Are we supposed to deny all of our cravings? You wanna live in some dystopia where we're all sippin soma and robots are watching us then go ahead. Me, I'm gonna put on my ice cream bib and eat some fucking food.

Case closed.

• Like 15

But I do have to say the magazine name was very confusing cause I found myself saying "did you see the paper today?" And my dog was sad because we don't gget the newspaper and he looooves newspapers he likes to dig holes and put en in dirt and then I had to explain to doggy that it's a magazine and he get sad cause I do hit him a lot with rolled up magazine and he cries.

• Like 4

1.) Post a photo of your stepmom or stepdad.

2.) Tell a traumatic story from your childhood.

3.) Share a project that you're working on (even if it's just a nugget of an idea)

1.) Just posted one on Instagram this weekend. Plz follow me @brgrho. Plz and thx. Follow 4 follow.

2.) I read this book once called Scary Stories to Tell In the Dark that traumatized the living bejesus out of me.

3.) I'm in my final year (and a half) of college and have never had a more stressful period of academic work in my life. Most of my waking hours the last two weeks have been spent on two massive mergers and acquisitions slash company turnaround projects due the Monday after Tom Hanks-giving. I wouldn't say I'm burned out over it--big fan of school, actually, but the potential for failure is strong. This forum and improv and Photoshop are the only things keeping me sane. Thank you and love you.

• Like 2

BRRII, I quit smoking cigarettes two years ago. It was my tenth attempt to quit and I think it stuck. But every once in a while I still crave a smoke. Hang in there, bud.

• Like 2

Almost cried a double-tear when I got that sick shouty.

NEEDED THAT ONE.

Reminded me of the days of old—

--whence forth thine let me bang, and I did let thine bang, and my posts wrang out with tales of the banging.

Seriously though I’ve been slipping and I’m gonna try to step up this game and come out of retirement.

Things I’ve been working on:

I got a puppy

sxfxpk.jpg

It’s steelhead season

33pcwwo.jpg

And, as always, I’ve been working on my radio show which is largely improvised comedy and good garage-rock.

http://www.newtownra...ws/tiger-scout/

Loved the Ep.

Last week’s episode on writers encouraged me to dust off a for-real project I sunk some life into a while back so thanks for that.

• Like 11

Case closed.

Excuse me, are you the Master Blaster? Only MB can declare case closed.

• Like 6

1.) Just posted one on Instagram this weekend. Plz follow me @brgrho. Plz and thx. Follow 4 follow.

2.) I read this book once called Scary Stories to Tell In the Dark that traumatized the living bejesus out of me.

3.) I'm in my final year (and a half) of college and have never had a more stressful period of academic work in my life. Most of my waking hours the last two weeks have been spent on two massive mergers and acquisitions slash company turnaround projects due the Monday after Tom Hanks-giving. I wouldn't say I'm burned out over it--big fan of school, actually, but the potential for failure is strong. This forum and improv and Photoshop are the only things keeping me sane. Thank you and love you.

Followed!

I was similarly traumatized. I read the Shining as a child and had insomnia for years afterward. TOO SCARY!

Are you some kind of businessman student? Good for you, brgr!

PS - I get your name now.

• Like 1

hey good work picking the script shosho, that was the best one in the list i think

mr scheer was a top-shelf guest

• Like 5

Are you some kind of businessman student? Good for you, brgr!

PS - I get your name now.

I'm not a businessman. I'm a business, ma'am. But, yes, I study Finance and Math. Those are things, right? People need those things? We'll see. I can count up the change in your purse real fast.

w/r/t name: It's not as weird once you get it, but leaving it without explanation is sort of half the fun. It's gonna change to trkyho or trkybrgrho on Thursday. Please get your votes in asap.

• Like 1