🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 59 — Paul Scheer, Our Close Friend

It's a real shame it has such a small audience. I mean, it's probably in my top 3 podcasts. (Actually it definitely is.)

I think it's way over 500 though. If you check out the play counts on Soundcloud, it averages about 5,000 there these days. Plus iTunes and stuff, probably like twice that?? More? I don't know. That's still small though. When you think about how small it is for this, Just think what size the RSS listenership must have been.

Don't mean to bum Hayes and Sean out though. Every episode is funny, and one of the first things I do on a Tuesday is get the new ep. Thanks for doing this.

• Like 1

that's a pretty weird assumption

you think only 500 listeners are contributing to the 4k+ downloads of the Paul Scheer ep?

there are only 500 people in the world, tops. I believe in a gentler version of solipsism

• Like 3

I don't know numbers, guys

I'm p sure that the united states only has like 80 people or so?

• Like 1

Look buddy I've never seen another person. Someone texted me one time so I know there's 2 people.

• Like 8

I know there's people on TVs so there's at least the 5 or 6 characters on Blacklist. So maybe there's 8 people, 2 seems a little low

• Like 4

I'm still not convinced you guys aren't just in my head because I'm very funny and I could definitely see myself making all these episodes up and saying all these funny, nice, smart and also cool things.

• Like 5

• Like 5

I'm still not convinced you guys aren't just in my head because I'm very funny and I could definitely see myself making all these episodes up and saying all these funny, nice, smart and also cool things.

Trkybrg, if we are all in your head, then thank you for picking up the pace in the forum for the past few days. You've created a lot of funnies and good convo. You're pretty much a disturbed multi-personality genius!

PS - I am you telling you this.

• Like 5

Trkybrg, if we are all in your head, then thank you for picking up the pace in the forum for the past few days. You've created a lot of funnies and good convo. You're pretty much a disturbed multi-personality genius!

PS - I am you telling you this.

You are very welcome, me. As you know, because this is simply a dialogue between the two sides of my brain, I've had a lot of free time lately. I made an intellectual breakthrough with Plato's Allegory of the Cave last week and now I don't have to constantly re-read the Wiki page anymore.

• Like 1

^ I want to like this but I'm out of likes.

I wrote a paper for film school about the allegory of the cave. Here's a fun cartoon about it.

• Like 2

i think anastasia just came up with the one good 'is ____ movies?' joke

• Like 4

thats too negative sorry, every post is beautiful

• Like 6

Thank you, greggy, for the compliment. And thank you for retracting it to appreciate the beauty in all posts, like little delicate individual snowflakes.

• Like 5

I just listened to Harris Whittles' ep of You Made it Weird.

Can someone computer-hug me? That was really tough to listen to :(

I'd appreciate it if every single person in this forum including hayes and sean promised me that they will never do any drugs ever

• Like 5

I'd appreciate it if every single person in this forum including hayes and sean promised me that they will never do any drugs ever

I felt the same way, Jacob C. Can we all just hold each other and have a good cry together?

• Like 1

A high number of good posts this week. Especially the sandwich pic. Now that was a good post.

• Like 5

Can I be the heel of the Hollywood Handbook forums?

Damn I knew nothing of that Scientology situation, hope Harris stays on the straight and narrow.

• Like 3

Can I be the heel of the Hollywood Handbook forums?

You can be a #heel on the forums but there are a lot of us. Not a ton of #babyfaces around these parts. Just Anastasia, burdrulz, showshowbro, Rod Aug, Michael Bay of Pigs, brgrho, Jacob C. and Corpsefucker Shitlord. The rest of us are #heel. Buncha William Regals and Bastion Boogers.

• Like 5

Guys I don't have any step moms or step dads. But this is my parents from 1976, possibly in Portland, Oregon. You can tell it's the 70's because of all the strange patterns in the wallpaper, couch, and my mom's shirt. My mom (Lola Frances) goes by Frankie and is eating a watermelon bowl. My Dad (Ed) is WAY too comfortable with flaunting his ghostly white legs. Plus, I am not even sure he went to Temple (including the Judaic and Mormon places of worship). Go Owls!!

MomnDad76.jpg

• Like 12

Damn just listened to the Harris Wittels podcast, poor guy. I really hope he figures it out soon, he's such a good dude.

• Like 2

Guys I don't have any step moms or step dads. But this is my parents from 1976, possibly in Portland, Oregon. You can tell it's the 70's because of all the strange patterns in the wallpaper, couch, and my mom's shirt. My mom (Lola Frances) goes by Frankie and is eating a watermelon bowl. My Dad (Ed) is WAY too comfortable with flaunting his ghostly white legs. Plus, I am not even sure he went to Temple (including the Judaic and Mormon places of worship). Go Owls!!

MomnDad76.jpg

QUALITY. FUCKING. D.

• Like 8