🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 182 — Fantasy Baseball/Neurosis

Tig, Kyle, and David kick things off by talking about when they would like to retire. Then, the professional Jimmy Pardo is in the hatch to discuss his expertise of Fantasy Baseball, being in 3 different Fantasy leagues, wheeling & dealing, and the definition of WHIP. Later, Jimmy tells us all about not being able to be around cooking food, maintaining his weight, and his pet peeve of not liking for friends to come over early to his house.

Why did the opening Kyle bit make me laugh so hard?

"I am....married and he's with the kids. But I'm just trying it out."

• Like 5

"Well, when you sit down, you sit on yourself"

I love this episode. I always love Tig on Never Not Funny, and the reverse dynamic is hilarious. I also learned nothing about fantasy baseball.

• Like 2

THIS EP IS A GEM. YOU GOTTA CHERISH IT.

Did you notice David cutting off Kyle when he tried to ask legit questions? I thought that was spectacular.

• Like 1

ALSO! The end you can hear when they are talking about drafting people in the tickle-draft that Tig has no idea how a draft works. Which is, essentially, the foundation of fantasy sports. Topic. COVERED!

• Like 1

Awesome! Pardo on PB, can't wait to listen to this. I'm currently saving up podcasts for the long haul home for Thanksgiving so it'll be a few days before I get to it.

• Like 1

I still consider myself a newbie to ProBlast so I have to ask, was the awkwardness intentional for comedic effect, or was it real?

I still consider myself a newbie to ProBlast so I have to ask, was the awkwardness intentional for comedic effect, or was it real?

Both.

• Like 1

"So what would you call it?"

"Unlistenable."

Fucking Pardo, man. He's so good at banter and had such great chemistry with everyone that I had zero problem with them abandoning the topic (not to mention that it's a topic where most of the listeners probably don't care about it, and judging by what we did get, those who do probably already know as much as Jimmy, or more). Such a fun episode.

• Like 1

Man. So many things tell me I shouldn't like Pardo, but I still do! I loved him in the hatch!

That's so perfectly said. On the surface, if you described him to me, I would think 'there is nothing there for me', and yet I can't get enough of him.

• Like 3

It's funny because he does so many of the same things that apparently cause people to hate Pete Holmes, but everyone loves him. (And in case this isn't obvious, I'm not saying that anyone should hate Jimmy, but that I strongly disagree with the hatred of Pete.)

• Like 2

It's funny because he does so many of the same things that apparently cause people to hate Pete Holmes, but everyone loves him. (And in case this isn't obvious, I'm not saying that anyone should hate Jimmy, but that I strongly disagree with the hatred of Pete.)

yeah I imagine that the NNF episode with Pete was probably too much for a lot of people.

I think it's because Jimmy is straight out with everyone, but it's hard to know what Pete's thinking, because he just laughs at everything.

I think it's because Jimmy is straight out with everyone, but it's hard to know what Pete's thinking, because he just laughs at everything.

I have to agree. At times Pete feels like he is faking it to keep from upsetting people around him. I hope..NAY...I pray that one day he just snaps.

Man this episode was incredible. Funniest one in a while. This is what PBlast should be about. Use the topic to get rolling, but don't always abandon the funny just to get back to it. The fact that most of them hated the topic just made it better.

• Like 1

This just confirmed that I really need to listen to more Never Not Funny. I've always found Jimmy Pardo hilarious, and his riffing with Scott Aukerman on CBB! always makes for gold. I need to find some space for more NNF.