Sign in to follow this  
teedle

Anyone listen to the new YMIW with Harris Wittels

he's obviously a really smart guy and quite aware, its good that hes worked hard to better himself and take control of his life. he's bright and funny as fuck, definitely one of my favourite funny people existing right now :)

• Like 1

I was just going to post about this show also. It's a very interesting and strangely moving story. A must listen.

I can't believe how deep Harris got into the drugs. I'm glad he's clean and hope he stays that way. I hope he knows how much his fans appreciate him.

• Like 1

I listened today, so funny and heart breaking and hit so close to home for me, having had many struggles with drugs myself, I know what it's like to live a double life and how easy it is to think you've got it under control until you're totally buried in it and the weird lengths you'll go to to get high, even if you are totally aware of how nuts it is. His whole story is just so wild, you couldn't make it up. I'm glad Harris is trying to turn his shit around and I'm really impressed he has the balls to lay it all out there. stay strong dude! we all love ya

• Like 2

I think Holmes can be a little too gorpy in his new-agey ramblings, so I rarely listen to this show. But Harris' story was just heartbreaking and insane, and I would argue important. I don't think I've heard anyone go on tape and go into this much detail (which a clear mind and good sense of humor,no less) about a drug problem. Holmes really kept the episode positive and in the end somewhat liberating. I think what made it so tragic is that he just got out of rehab last month. It's one thing to hear a comedian talk about a drug problem years after the fact. To hear someone talk about it when it JUST happened is pretty unheard of. I think this will benefit a lot of people. And it's good to hear ol' Jack SJunior is on the upswing.

• Like 5

I think Holmes can be a little too gorpy in his new-agey ramblings, so I rarely listen to this show. But Harris' story was just heartbreaking and insane, and I would argue important. I don't think I've heard anyone go on tape and go into this much detail (which a clear mind and good sense of humor,no less) about a drug problem. Holmes really kept the episode positive and in the end somewhat liberating. I think what made it so tragic is that he just got out of rehab last month. It's one thing to hear a comedian talk about a drug problem years after the fact. To hear someone talk about it when it JUST happened is pretty unheard of. I think this will benefit a lot of people. And it's good to hear ol' Jack SJunior is on the upswing.

If you're looking for something like this, Artie Lange on his episode of WTF goes into a similar level of detail and crazy stories, i'll admit he's less appealing to an alt comedy crowd then Harris but I found his level of candidness as admirable and satisfying.

• Like 1

Very fun and scary and earnest. These are my favorite kind of podcasts, and how I think podcasting should be. Pete's the only kind of guy who could have got Wittels to converse -- simply, friendly converse like that -- and I'm glad they had the time. I like to think they would've never sat down if Pete hadn't lost his show. This was better than any tv show. TV shows kinda suck you guys.

It was a really harrowing story and an interesting listen, for sure. The problem, as usual for me, is that Pete could not help himself but to interrupt Harris every two sentences. He even acknowledged multiple times that he was interrupting too much - and then kept interrupting anyway.

Regardless, best wishes to Harris! It's very sad that he had to go through such trauma.