🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 98 — LOL: LIVE!

post-36739-where-did-I-go-wrong-Billy-Ray-ilvj.jpeg

Here, he's thinking "Oh, my heart, my achy-breaky heart. He's not gonna understand."

• Like 2

When llama teeth and pale face bone zone for the first time in France, they ruin that mentally handicapped girl's bed sheets right? I wish they filmed a scene where the mother finds the disgusting stains they left and then she has to burn the sheets.

• Like 1

When llama teeth and pale face bone zone for the first time in France, they ruin that mentally handicapped girl's bed sheets right? I wish they filmed a scene where the mother finds the disgusting stains they left and then she has to burn the sheets.

With how they despicably make fun of those with disabilities, and how weirdly sexual it is, this dirty French writer would probably have the disabled girl discover it, and think it was cake frosting and then one thing leads to another...

with 20+ pages of conversation on this movie, the only thing I can think to mention that might not have been covered are my mixed feelings about the the muscle suit kid's Flipper t-shirt.

flipper_fish_f-up.jpg

at first I was elated that a movie this mindless could reference such an underrated and subversive band. for fuck's sake, if you love heavy music and have never listened to Flipper, check them out... they helped bridge the gap between '80s hardcore punk and '90s metal and grunge by influencing bands like Nirvana, Mudhoney, Jane's Addiction and, best of all, Melvins. while nearly every band in San Francisco was playing as fast as they could, they slowed things down to a merciless, sludgy pace that simultaneously attracted and repelled their audience... sadly securing their place as one of those bands that was way before their time to gain the proper amount of traction for them to be as popular as they deserved.

aaaaaand then I found this:

http://www.forever21...ctid=2005757888

so I'm going to go out on a limb and posit that absolutely no one involved in making the decision for that t-shirt to appear on screen has ever heard of the band Flipper.

• Like 3

With how they despicably make fun of those with disabilities, and how weirdly sexual it is, this dirty French writer would probably have the disabled girl discover it, and think it was cake frosting and then one thing leads to another...

This brings to mind the movie "Happiness" which I dare say is only slightly less depressing than "LOL".

• Like 2

with 20+ pages of conversation on this movie, the only thing I can think to mention that might not have been covered are my mixed feelings about the the muscle suit kid's Flipper t-shirt.

flipper_fish_f-up.jpg

at first I was elated that a movie this mindless could reference such an underrated and subversive band. for fuck's sake, if you love heavy music and have never listened to Flipper, check them out... they helped bridge the gap between '80s hardcore punk and '90s metal and grunge by influencing bands like Nirvana, Mudhoney, Jane's Addiction and, best of all, Melvins. while nearly every band in San Francisco was playing as fast as they could, they slowed things down to a merciless, sludgy pace that simultaneously attracted and repelled their audience... sadly securing their place as one of those bands that was way before their time to gain the proper amount of traction for them to be as popular as they deserved.

aaaaaand then I found this:

http://www.forever21...ctid=2005757888

so I'm going to go out on a limb and posit that absolutely no one involved in making the decision for that t-shirt to appear on screen has ever heard of the band Flipper.

When you said that they played "Slow", I was expecting more of a Crowbar sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jC9Up1JYTk

But I definitely get your point about kids wearing band shirts, but have no idea about the band they're wearing, as a Motorhead fan, it irritates the shit out of me.

And now, we have Crowbar in a thread about Miley Cyrus, excellent.

• Like 2

This brings to mind the movie "Happiness" which I dare say is only slightly less depressing than "LOL".

Or Bad Boy Bubby, perhaps the weirdest film I have ever seen.

In college, my friend's mom always signed her texts and emails LOL, and she only asked her mom about it after she received a text that said "Uncle Jacob died. LOL!" Needless to say, it turned out she thought it meant Lots of Love, (& still to this day flat out refuses the idea it might mean laugh out loud) but guess what? SHE'S FRENCH! Like the movie maker guy! Does this mean Francey pantses ALL think lol is not for laughing?

• Like 1

In college, my friend's mom always signed her texts and emails LOL, and she only asked her mom about it after she received a text that said "Uncle Jacob died. LOL!" Needless to say, it turned out she thought it meant Lots of Love, (& still to this day flat out refuses the idea it might mean laugh out loud) but guess what? SHE'S FRENCH! Like the movie maker guy! Does this mean Francey pantses ALL think lol is not for laughing?

I've heard this story a million times from so many people, comedians on podcasts, regular people at parties, everywhere and it's always second hand. Maybe by coincidence your friend's not full of shit but I'm positive this is the first urban legend of the texting era

• Like 2

BIG NEWS from the original thread:

Hey Everybody,

Research Intern Nate here,

Just wanted to let you all know Corrections and Omissions from Both LOL threads have been included.

The Shit Dicks convo is too good to leave out!

• Like 1

I know I'm late to the party but have we talked about when miley cyrus fakes being a disabled person in the home of a disabled person? and then it cuts to her and the guy laughing their asses off going "haha! deaf mute!" Alongside slipping your grandma roofies, I'd add it to her "why I'm going to hell" list. These kids are flat-out shitheads. No "save the cat" moment for this rascal crew.

• Like 2

I've heard this story a million times from so many people, comedians on podcasts, regular people at parties, everywhere and it's always second hand. Maybe by coincidence your friend's not full of shit but I'm positive this is the first urban legend of the texting era

On page 2 of this very thread...

auto-correct-iphone-4-2.jpg

Must turd, you may be on to something....

• Like 2

On page 2 of this very thread...

Must turd, you may be on to something....

seriously, It's everywhere, I hear it all the time. especially from friends of my parents or other people who are slightly out of touch with stuff. I don't mean that as an insult, it probably means I spend way to much time on the internet and listening to podcasts but I can't even count the amount of time's I've heard that basic premise told like it's a real story that happened to a friend of a friend.

• Like 2

In fact, it fits in the HDTGM vs. HIMYM rivalry, as they even used that joke on HIMYM

• Like 1

Seriously. They should have realized this story was a tragedy about the downfall of the American Dream. The bleak existence of everyone in this movie is heartbreaking.

• Like 1

I forgot to mention something from the episode. The trailer for the French version used three songs, all of them by English bands

Blur - Girls and Boys

Supergrass - Alright

Rolling Stones - Can't Always Get What You Want

• Like 2

Seriously. They should have realized this story was a tragedy about the downfall of the American Dream. The bleak existence of everyone in this movie is heartbreaking.

It COULD be heartbreaking, but everyone in this particular movie is a monstrous asshole, so I feel nothing.

• Like 2

When you said that they played "Slow", I was expecting more of a Crowbar sound.

I guess slow is an overstatment when compared to the sludge or drone metal of today, but I guarantee you all of the people making that music, including Crowbar, grew up listening to Generic Flipper or Gone Fishin'. they basically took the punk sound and deliberately played it at a distorted speed, as if you were listening to a 45 on 33 1/3 rpm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mZn14tWZOw

Wow. I didn't realize until I listened to the show that there were 3 different guys.

• Like 1

It COULD be heartbreaking, but everyone in this particular movie is a monstrous asshole, so I feel nothing.

I dunno man, the little brothers seemed to be unwilling casualties in a prison of neglect.

Bill Maplewood would be all over that shit.

• Like 1

I dunno man, the little brothers seemed to be unwilling casualties in a prison of neglect.

Bill Maplewood would be all over that shit.

We don't know that though, at least from what we got to see. I mean, there HAS to be a reason why the one mom gets SO bent out of shape during the search for the missing chicken and why that psychopath sister of his would try to pin it on him, which makes you wonder how HE has violated poultry in the past. Also, when it comes to Miley's brood, does Thomas Jane have ANY interaction at all with the little brother and sister? What did THEY do to where their own father will put up with his asshole oldest kid but not even acknowledge them? Do we even know that they're his?

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this