🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 207.5 — 11/21/14 TWO CHARTED 146

Kulap, "Howard Michael Motorcycle," and "Spin Doctor Stard" start the show with the hardest part about sleep deprivation, as well as how you know what success is. Then, Howard recalls the tale of his latest Gu Cruise shoot, filmed on location with Stard in the seediest part of America - as opposed to the "sex manage capital" that Howard currently lives in. Wie threatens to leave the show when the group continues to stiff arm his hip-hop themed Dragon Manor memorabilia, despite being his best collection yet. Later, Kulap recaps her trek into "non-summah" Minnesota, where she continues to discover her familial roots.

Howard's use of the term "price point" as though he's stumping on QVC, kills me every time

I'm halfway through and its gold just like always, thanks Earwolf

• Like 1

Howard's been talking about "monetizing" the podcast. He should've talked to Jimmy Pardo about it. What chartist wouldn't drop 30 bucks to have 2 video podcasts every week for 6 months?

• Like 3

Howard's been talking about "monetizing" the podcast. He should've talked to Jimmy Pardo about it. What chartist wouldn't drop 30 bucks to have 2 video podcasts every week for 6 months?

100%. The VPN thing was so good, but I understand that it costs a lot and doesn't produce any extra money for the show. However, if people paid ahead of time that could help to cover the costs of shooting and editing/publishing/etc etc...Even if the audio stayed free I bet there are many chartists who would pay for video of Whooch/Tooch. Wish there was a way to survey this accurately.

Can anyone explain Kulap's comment about Feral Audio when Howard's saying Earwolf isn't going under?

I think (and I could be very wrong) that she means the business structure is completely different. Earwolf is a company and there are contracts, rights, blah blah blah stuff that goes on behind the scenes (like the issues cyber-thug radio had). When Dustin started Feral he basically made it a collective. Which I understand to be whatever you want to do, whenever you feel like it; Dustin does almost all of the engineering/recording/publishing work by himself. There is a lot less infrastructure (and support) to feral I think is what she's saying. I don't think she was implying that Feral or Earwolf are having money problems.

• Like 1

As someone who is into things that a lot of his family is not into I totally get where Howard is coming from with the frustration of people not getting when "something is cool." Toys are cool! FAMILY. This Spider-man Blanket is perfectly acceptable for an adult. YOU DON'T GET ME.

"I bring in these bombass items and its just-and then you go why does this have to be hard?"

Keep bringing stuff from Dragon Manor, I love these segments not only for the stuff but to see Kulap and Brett's reactions/Howard's reactions to their reactions.

• Like 1

Can anyone explain Kulap's comment about Feral Audio when Howard's saying Earwolf isn't going under?

Adding to what Bruce said, few if any of the shows on Feral Audio run ads, though it's unclear whether this is part of Feral's mission statement or simply a lack of interest on the part of advertisers. (Kumail Nanjiani's X-Files Files is one notable exception.) There's also a longstanding joke/uncomfortable truth among Feral hosts that Dustin is perpetually broke, living in a roach-infested nightmare apartment, and Dan Harmon's patronage often seems to be the only thing keeping Feral afloat.

• Like 1

I don't think she was implying that Feral or Earwolf are having money problems.

I think she was, because Dustin seems to be begging for money every few months.

Tons of fun as always. As we've heard many times before with many podcasts, the host(s) not being in a good mental state almost always leads to pure gold.

• Like 1

I think she was, because Dustin seems to be begging for money every few months.

This could very well be the case and I just misinterpreted, I don't keep up too much with the man himself. I appreciate what Dustin does for podcasting, but I disagree with his philosophy. He seems a little jaded and unstable so it's hard for me to get a gauge on how I feel about him. I like several Feral podcasts, but like Dan the man said, it seems like the exceptions are the ones where the people making them have money to throw at it or go and get their own ad revenue. I could be very wrong as this is all conjecture and I am a bit of a dummy dumb dumb.

The Shutter Island soundtrack Brett provided over Kulap's chart was amazing. It popped up at the perfect moments.

• Like 1

"Coming up off that...R. Kelly...uh, stickers...stickers. R. Kelly stickers." One of the best things about Twooch (and Whooch by proxy), is the "family vibe" surrounding it. From the "Chartist" label and all the gifts (and resulting theme song), to the personal stories and rare disagreements; Howard, Ku, and Stard always make the show seem like a get together of (true) best friends, and I'm just lucky enough to be in the circle. Ku's admission of how happy she was to be back "home" during Howard and Stard's telling of the alligator tail nonsense, really made me smile. I understood what she was saying and feeling, and darn it I FELT IT TOO! This is the best podcast. I'll fight anyone who says different.

• Like 6

Does the Ku chart ever come first? I kinda wish it would sometimes.

Tons of fun as always. As we've heard many times before with many podcasts, the host(s) not being in a good mental state almost always leads to pure gold.

Or as some might say, a weird headspace.

• Like 1

"Coming up off that...R. Kelly...uh, stickers...stickers. R. Kelly stickers." One of the best things about Twooch (and Whooch by proxy), is the "family vibe" surrounding it. From the "Chartist" label and all the gifts (and resulting theme song), to the personal stories and rare disagreements; Howard, Ku, and Stard always make the show seem like a get together of (true) best friends, and I'm just lucky enough to be in the circle. Ku's admission of how happy she was to be back "home" during Howard and Stard's telling of the alligator tail nonsense, really made me smile. I understood what she was saying and feeling, and darn it I FELT IT TOO! This is the best podcast. I'll fight anyone who says different.

Fuckin' A. I love hearing their banter and I LOOOOOVE that they get Stard all in the cut too. They have such a great vibe together that I honestly could listen to them for hours. Some trios just WORK. HDTGM has it and my boys at Cave Comedy Radio's Last Podcast On The Left have it too!! Just great comedic timing, that's not forced because it's just naturally a part of their characters. I LOVE YOU GUYS

"This is why judges have gavels!"

"Or bugles."

"What?"

----------

They should have Elle come in on Twooch for "awwwhhhhhhhhhhhh How, How, How to React! Its time for How to React!"

Sign in to follow this