🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
wackypaki

Literally definition

If they're going to pull that shit, they may as well publish a new dictionary that includes "the opposite of ________ OR not what you think it is at all" as a definition for everything in it. I mean, where do you stop? I think that "literally" is the new "ironic".

• Like 1

I think a words usage should supply its definition. if enough people use the world literally as a term of emphasis then that gets added as a definition. I'm sure at some point in the past the word "cool" only meant a low temperature and did not mean something enjoyable. if we can get enough people to use the word butthole to refer to a sandwich, then eventually people will be asking for extra mayo on their butthole.. i for one hope i live long enough to see that day,

• Like 1

I think a words usage should supply its definition. if enough people use the world literally as a term of emphasis then that gets added as a definition. I'm sure at some point in the past the word "cool" only meant a low temperature and did not mean something enjoyable. if we can get enough people to use the word butthole to refer to a sandwich, then eventually people will be asking for extra mayo on their butthole.. i for one hope i live long enough to see that day,

A word like "cool" just has a meaning. Adding a meaning is no big deal. For something like "literally" or "ironic," however, there's (1) what it means and (2) what it definitely does NOT mean.

"Literally"-abusers are like guys who get drunk at baseball games and throw beer bottles onto the field. They ruin it for people who want to enjoy beer responsibly.

• Like 2

"Literally"-abusers are like guys who get drunk at baseball games and throw beer bottles onto the field. They ruin it for people who want to enjoy beer responsibly.

Yet,they still manage to make baseball infinitely more watchable..

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this