🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 323 — Pie Quiz with Tears for Fears

The writers and performers of such iconic pop hits as “Mad World,” “Shout,” and “Everybody Wants To Rule The World,” Tears For Fears are in the studio as well as Scott’s old pal Reggie Watts on this week’s Comedy Bing Bong! We’ll hear all about how Curt & Roland used to sing in a church choir, the new re-issue of “Songs from the Big Chair,” the making of the iconic hit “Everybody Wants To Rule The World,” the future for the band, and Reggie gets to ask a very important question. Later, we’ll finally get to find out what’s going on with Cake Boss (Cake Boss!) after his recent run in with the law.

Go get the 2014 CBB LIVE Bundle over at the Earwolf store right now!

Holy shit. SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER The Pie Minister is amazing.

• Like 6

I'm not even through the GUEST CHAT part yet and it's already an amazing episode. I can only imagine the mind explosion I'll experience when Cake Boss appears!

I can't believe Scott landed an interview with the Glimmer Twins themselves, Tears for Fears! They were one of my favorite bands growing up. It's a shame that we didn't get to hear from all four original members:

• Roland Organball Z,
  • Curt's Myth,
  • Layne Staley, and
  • Many Elviras

This is nevertheless an incredible episode!

• Like 5

Scott and Reggie geeking out with their pop heroes is about as high quality rock and roll as it gets.

C+.

• Like 4

Coping with the singular "That's a good song" has been difficult. Today's triple was out of control. If we can go from one to three, what's not to say we could go to three to five, or even seven? This was a game changer. My excitement for the future has been restored and redoubled.

The rest of the podcast was as equally mindblowing. It reminds me of the nights my frisky feline friends would find a new space drug and invite all of us over to try it. When you got a high caliber substance like Tears for Fears in your studio, who do you call but your best two buddies to imbibe. Those were three serious fanboys all nerding out to the max. PFT's nearly constant snickering in the background seemed hilariously uncontrollable. Reggie really going for it and expressing some pretty profound favor in their work was genuinely heartwarming. Choctaw even out right demanded more albums from ToF.

Love and comedy won today. Hyped for the Eric Andre #ccbtv episode too!

• Like 1

Scott might have said 'eponymous' instead of 'titular', but he used it in a pretty crazy way!

"Everyone was talking about Tears For Fears, and you guys are the eponymous Tears For Fears!" said the eponymous Scott Aukerman.

• Like 1

It's 7am here. I think I was dreaming about this. I woke up, went to Earwolf, saw PFT's face, my day is made in an instant.

I was going to make an "I came" joke, but I know Paul wouldn't like it.

• Like 2

I can't believe how funny the Tears For Fears guys are. Totally dry and sarcastic and really quick. i love it!

• Like 13

Jesus Christ, that Reggie Watts jam at the end of the episode. That's a good song! I think that's the best I've ever heard him do. He must've pulled out all the stops to impress Tears For Fears.

• Like 10

Holy shit. SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER The Pie Minister is amazing.

His Cheesecake rant was epic. I wonder how deep I would go with his Pie Quiz though.

I really appreciate PFT still regularly bringing in the new characters. That's the fourth this year (JW, Len Wiseman, Rev. Parsimony being the others).

I'm still desperately hoping that they'll do a every-PFT-character-at-Garry-and-Gilly's-wedding episode in two months. These extra characters both make it increasingly unlikely and increasingly tantalizing.

A little bit sad that there's still been no Herzog or Mr. Ghost in a while, but I suppose everything can't be totally perfect all the time.

• Like 7

Such an amazing episode. Pie Minister was just CRUSHING it, especially as he bashed PFT for his 100th eps of a podcast "Waste of time"

but the "Shame hs parents aren't alive to see this." just floored me.

• Like 7

Tears For Fears are making a strong case for best musical guests ever. They're so funny and game for the silliness. I'm really enjoying this ep!

• Like 8

PFT has really been mastering his comedic "stuttering/stammering" lately. There's a few on that Lauren Lapkus show where I had to pound my fist against the table.

• Like 5

Great ep! Front to back it had plenty of my favorite character: PFT's almost-off-mic laughter. Aukerman was really pushing his buttons on this one.

• Like 1