🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 323 — Pie Quiz with Tears for Fears

Oh and he gave it back. His incessant interrupting of Scott at one point just beautifully flustered Scott into snapping at him. :D

The sound sounded like the old studio sound on this ep.

Any time there's a it's been awhile cadence thing said on the show, I think, say it, sat it, say it and then when it gets said it's a great thing. Thanks.

• Like 2

wow, no Tears for Fears pics, I wonder why?

Do you posit a conspiracy theory, good sir?

• Like 4

GUACAMOLE PIE

Start to finish: 5 hours

Servings: 8

For the crust:

5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs

1 tablespoon granulated sugar

Pinch of salt

For the filling:

2 medium hass avocados

8-ounce package cream cheese, at room temperature

14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk

1 tablespoon fresh lime juice

1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

Pinch of salt

Whipped cream or confectioners' sugar, for garnish (optional)

Make the crust: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Brush an 8-inch springform pan with some of the melted butter. In a bowl, mix the remaining butter with the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and salt. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pan. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Cool completely on a rack.

Make the filling: Halve and pit the avocados, then scoop out the flesh and chop. Transfer to a bowl, add the cream cheese and beat with a mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add the condensed milk, lime and lemon juices, and the salt and beat until fluffy, scraping the bowl as needed. Pour the filling into the crust, press a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface and chill at least 4 hours.

Remove the springform ring and slice the pie. Garnish with whipped cream or confectioners' sugar, if desired, and serve immediately (the top will start to brown as the pie sits).

(Recipe courtesy Food Network Magazine)

• Like 7

I was hoping that PFT would talk to Tears for Fears about Everybody Wants to Rule the World being in Bioshock Infinite since, as we all know, thanks to Andy Daly's podcast, that PFT beat it on the Hard difficulty (petite miracle #2).

• Like 7

GUACAMOLE PIE

Start to finish: 5 hours

Servings: 8

For the crust:

5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs

1 tablespoon granulated sugar

Pinch of salt

For the filling:

2 medium hass avocados

8-ounce package cream cheese, at room temperature

14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk

1 tablespoon fresh lime juice

1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

Pinch of salt

Whipped cream or confectioners' sugar, for garnish (optional)

Make the crust: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Brush an 8-inch springform pan with some of the melted butter. In a bowl, mix the remaining butter with the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and salt. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pan. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Cool completely on a rack.

Make the filling: Halve and pit the avocados, then scoop out the flesh and chop. Transfer to a bowl, add the cream cheese and beat with a mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add the condensed milk, lime and lemon juices, and the salt and beat until fluffy, scraping the bowl as needed. Pour the filling into the crust, press a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface and chill at least 4 hours.

Remove the springform ring and slice the pie. Garnish with whipped cream or confectioners' sugar, if desired, and serve immediately (the top will start to brown as the pie sits).

(Recipe courtesy Food Network Magazine)

At first I was impressed with how much detail you put into this and then I googled it. I think I vomited all over my pie.

I was really hoping they'd spend more time talking about the character actor Victor von Autoborka, notable for his always-darting eyes.

• Like 1

Holy crap. I'm not even 1/2 done and already this is already amazing. Everybody losing it in the backgrount.. PFT in the background with trademark cackles while TfF describe their songs. Reggie and TfF losing it over Pie Minister.

And,Tears for Fears are awesome - very funny and great sports. Their description of the making of Everyone Wants to Rule the World had me with an ear-to-ear grin the whole time. Hilarious and I have no idea what parts were sincere, what parts were made up on the spot.

Ok, back to the Pie Minister. Brilliant spin on the Cake Boss trope. PFT, as always, delivers a home run.

Also, trying to figure out the odds are that someone (esp. the Brits on the show) say "Yes, Pie Minister" at some point in the show.

• Like 1

Use of "eponymous" notwithstanding, this was an all-time great episode.

• Like 1

the guy with the crazy eyes they were talking about is Pruitt Taylor Vince

That's exactly who I was picturing. Constantine, Identity, Deadwood, Walking Dead, etc.

• Like 2

Jesus Christ, that Reggie Watts jam at the end of the episode. That's a good song! I think that's the best I've ever heard him do. He must've pulled out all the stops to impress Tears For Fears.

That's exactly what I thought. Reggie pulled out all the stops on that last song. Amazingly good. Great topping to a brilliant episode.

For god's sake, someone get the Pie Minister and Don DiMello together.

I was just about to post this. The evil they would get up to would be out of control. Although, Pie Emporer seems to not be even on the same level of evil as Don Dimello...

• Like 2

I was just about to post this. The evil they would get up to would be out of control. Although, Pie Emporer-

MINISTER!

• Like 2

That's exactly what I thought. Reggie pulled out all the stops on that last song. Amazingly good. Great topping to a brilliant episode.

I also just love that he can be so awestruck by the Tears for Fears guys and still perform fantastic music in his own right, with them right there in the room. There's just something really cool about that.

• Like 1

Man, this was awesome. Every bit as hilarious as everyone has said, and also a really interesting and informative interview. PFT's off mic laughter was stronger than ever, and I'd speculate that it was because Scott caught him off guard by doing his usual bits during a relatively straight interview with big-time guests.

• Like 6

Btw, the CBB Holiday Bundle is amazing. Drop that cash money, people!

• Like 2