🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 323 — Pie Quiz with Tears for Fears

Great interview. T4F are funny, and it's so cool that they seem to know about CBB. Loved it.

The Bad Plus do a lovely version of Everybody Wants to Rule the World.

• Like 2

I was 100% on board as soon as I heard Tears for Fears use My Wiiiiiiiiiiiife in the first 5 minutes. I'm only 10 minutes in and this is great.

• Like 8

"ER at the end? What is this, NBC Thursday nights in the 90's?" This is a line I will never forget and one of my favorite things Scott has ever said.

For the record, I would've definitely voted for this episode for the Best-Ofs. Tears for Fears is now my favorite musical guest, they didn't seem like first-timers at all and they were way funnier than I could have expected. Reggie was amazing and so was the Pie Minister, and it's funny because I'm definitely a cake guy myself, but Roland's point about pies allowing for meat is very true, and very English. This was an all-around great episode and as others mentioned, Reggie's performance at the end was insane. I give this episode 4.5 out of 5 meatpies, deducting 0.5 pies because I'm hungry and also because I was still hoping for Cake Boss to pop in, right up until the end.

Any suggestions for characteristics that the Pie Minister should have in a cartoon version of that dastardly villain? All I have right now is "shifty eyes."

• Like 12

I was still hoping for Cake Boss to pop in, right up until the end.

That's clearly what Scott was begging for as well but I thought it was hilarious that The Pie Minister simply wouldn't play along. #cakeblock

• Like 7

That's clearly what Scott was begging for as well but I thought it was hilarious that The Pie Minister simply wouldn't play along. #cakeblock

You're right, the cakebait and cakeblock make it all worth it.

Was I the only one who noticed something odd when Scott talked about T4F's CD/DVD-combo at 5:44? It sounded like it was recorded at different time (probably after the episode was recorded).

I wonder why...

When a musical guest (and someone not from Scott's close circle of friends, too!) willingly gives up a "my wiiiife," you know you're in for some good stuff.

That was glorious. So much energy, and everyone was so funny.

• Like 2

Was I the only one who noticed something odd when Scott talked about T4F's CD/DVD-combo at 5:44? It sounded like it was recorded at different time (probably after the episode was recorded).

I wonder why...

Yeah, there was definitely an edit there. Presumably he just messed up the number of discs during the main recording.

"ER at the end? What is this, NBC Thursday nights in the 90's?" This is a line I will never forget and one of my favorite things Scott has ever said.

THIS.

Scott's "what is this, _______" 's and "I've heard of ________, but ________" 's have been fucking golden lately... the length at which he stretches to make jokes is just mindblowing.

• Like 11

In my opinion, I was pretty disappointed by this ep. Expected more from such a powerful line up. I give it just a C.

Oh my. So badly did I want Roland to say "scraambled eggs" and Curt to reply "ohhh I'm the biggest creep in the world".

They sounded so similar to Scott and Pauls 'Beatles' impressions.

Lovely gents. My favorite episode of the 2015 ballot.

• Like 2

Tears For Fears were so, so funny and sharp in this episode. Pleasantly surprising. I am surprised and slightly perplexed as to why they aren't in the episodes picture, but certainly not a big deal.

Everyone is on point in this ep including Scott. Love the laughter and all the bits, the last half is golden. C+

I am now curious if some Cheesecake Panjandrum will ever make an appearance. I would asssume he is from some Lovecraftian other realm of horror and madness.

Good ep of U Talkin' Tears 4 Fears For Me? The CBB calendar year is off to a great start!

• Like 7

i was really happy to hear the live birth of a mike detective-style joke

Oh my. So badly did I want Roland to say "scraambled eggs" and Curt to reply "ohhh I'm the biggest creep in the world".

there was even a perfect setup for it when they revealed everybody wants to rule the world had a different name at first! major dropped ball imo. between that and the titular mention of eponymous scott apologized for on twitter, c- episode.

• Like 4

Good ep of U Talkin' Tears 4 Fears For Me? The CBB calendar year is off to a great start!

When they mentioned that U2 would be 'opening' for them at the KROQ show, I really hoped Scott (and possibly Paul) would go into some talkin' U2 to me.

• Like 2

haven't made it through most of the episode yet, but what's up with the sound quality? everything sounds overdriven. both on my phone and on the soundcloud feed

My dentist let me listen to my phone while getting a crown put in. Listening to this proved to be very dangerous because I had to stifle my laughter quite a bit.

Also, why didn't Scott mention his, Claudia O'Doherty's and Weird Al's parody "Everybody wants to pool the girl" ??!?!

• Like 1

Do you posit a conspiracy theory, good sir?

The TFF guy did pull out a "MY WIFE" reference, so it was probably just Jon Daly and Besser.

• Like 1