🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 323 — Pie Quiz with Tears for Fears

Wow, really great <pardo>muuuuuuusical guest</pardo>. Scott uses the musical guests way better on the podcast than the way they have been on the TV show (cameos that don't seem to add much to the show :/). I understand the time constraints and format are different, but, yeah.

"Too zune" was a great line, and T4F were excellent guests. Reggie's songs were really on point this episode, and that plugs theme was quite nice.

1. Love Tears for Fears. And they were unexpectedly hilarious!

2. Love that PFT didn't do something obvious with the whole Cake Boss thing; instead he gave us a whole new character and expanded on the Cake Boss Universe (/Multiverse?)

3. Scott's reaction to Reggie saying he's never heard of Cake Boss was awesome.

• Like 4

3. Scott's reaction to Reggie saying he's never heard of Cake Boss was awesome.

Cake Boss has been on the TV show!

This might be a little early and expose me for the softy I am, but I know what I'm thankful for this year - Pie Emper...Minister. I meant Minister. (Pie Minister!)

The Pie Minister sounds vaguely like Don Dimello -- i wonder if it means anything...

• Like 2

2. Love that PFT didn't do something obvious with the whole Cake Boss thing; instead he gave us a whole new character and expanded on the Cake Boss Universe (/Multiverse?)

Cakeverse

• Like 3

next year is going to be a big one for '80s bands of all genres... we can look forward to new albums from Tears for Fears, Faith No More, Gang of Four, New Order, D.R.I. and one of my absolute favorite bands from that era, the Pop Group, just announced their first record in 35 years today.

shit's about to get real in 2015.

• Like 2

I was dumbfounded when I saw Tears for Fears was on the ep. Then when I listened, it was pure joy. Those guys are awesome, and Reggie was adorable geeking out over them. Also, Pie Emperor was hilarious.

• Like 3

I thought for sure the Pie Minister was going to turn out to be a sobered up Cake Boss.

• Like 1

I thought for sure the Pie Minister was going to turn out to be a sobered up Cake Boss.

I just assumed he was stung by a pie scorpion and developed a split personality.

• Like 2

Holy eff. I didn't know about the Cake Boss getting arrested until I started listening to the podcast. And man oh man, I am SO happy that this came up when I googled it:

Untitled-1-1.png

===

I swear, he HAS to know about Paul's impression when he says stuff like this. I bet he has a Google Alert out for his name, so he's actually listened to every episode featuring Tompkins.

For the record, in my mind, I totally heard that quote in the headline in Paul's voice :D :D :D

• Like 5

What is up with Scotts love of the 1992 Whoppie Goldberg vehicle "Sister Act"? I feel like he mentions it regularly. Please, someone geekier than me make some sort of chart reflecting this.

What is up with Scotts love of the 1992 Whoppie Goldberg vehicle "Sister Act"? I feel like he mentions it regularly. Please, someone geekier than me make some sort of chart reflecting this.

stock-footage--d-graph-x-rising-data-chart.jpg

• Like 12

I figured it would be fake Tears For Fears, but then bam, real. They seemed laid back and willing to have fun which was nice.

I would have preferred all questions centered around "Elvis Should Play Ska," but it was still good.

"More like Vegemaybe."

• Like 1

I laughed way harder at "too zune" than any human should have. Veggie's line about children followed by awkward silence was also amazing.

• Like 3

next year is going to be a big one for '80s bands of all genres... we can look forward to new albums from Tears for Fears, Faith No More, Gang of Four, New Order, D.R.I. and one of my absolute favorite bands from that era, the Pop Group, just announced their first record in 35 years today.

shit's about to get real in 2015.

Faith No More is releasing a new album?!? Man I feel as out of touch as I did a half hour ago when I read in the cracked.com comment section that Pete Steele from Type O Negative was dead.

• Like 1

Faith No More is releasing a new album?!?

they sure are... sometime in April I believe. they're also releasing a 7" single for Black Friday titled Motherfucker (of which they're only pressing 5000 copies). I'm glad I work at a place that sells vinyl because I already have mine saved for me at another location and I'm gonna pick it up later in the week... not sure of the markup at other stores, but we're only selling it for $6!

• Like 1

For a second I thought that quote on the window was citing LeVar Burton. It's been a rollercoaster of emotions to say the least.

• Like 7