🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 60 — Tracey Wigfield, Our Close Friend

He is great at representing the everyman and the viewer. However, I definitely think he should have been shoved harder.

I think it was quite obvious that he was throwing himself back, rather than the guy in the hat imparting any real force. He just started backpedelling to hit the vending machine w/ enough force to make that satisfying *knnk*.

• Like 1

For realsies though, why do you think this podcast isn't more popular? It's a consistently funny show on a goshdarn comedy network, I just don't get it.

• Like 2

For realsies though, why do you think this podcast isn't more popular? It's a consistently funny show on a goshdarn comedy network, I just don't get it.

To be honest, when I learned about HH, I didn't "get" it. But then my skillz to understand comedy improved, and now I "get" it. That might be what is keeping some people away. I've told my friends to listen to this show, but they don't listen to podcasts, so they can fudge off.

• Like 3

To be honest, when I learned about HH, I didn't "get" it. But then my skillz to understand comedy improved, and now I "get" it. That might be what is keeping some people away. I've told my friends to listen to this show, but they don't listen to podcasts, so they can fudge off.

I can understand that with RSS if people can't get past the subject of the podcast, but people objectively like Eastbounding downsyndrome and Work-of-holics. Even though this is different, Sean and Haysers are doing HH in an analogous style. Really, if people like those shows, why wouldn't they want to listen to guys who write those shows being really funny on a weekly basis?

• Like 1

So, I can understand why I like it, because Sean and Hayes are just like me, except that they are successful celebrities with their own show. Which raises a more important question, which may or may not be related: why am I not more popular?

• Like 2

My mission over Christmas is going to be to get all my brothers and sisters to start listening to Holiday Hambone, so that'll be five more people right there. You'd like them, they are much younger and cooler than me, and probably like all the same music as you and whatever. Thing is, I'm not going to tell them about the forums, because they are way more likable than I am, and I won't be able to post family secrets and photos if they are in here.

• Like 3

Hollywood Handjobs should be broadcast on public radio. If (Seattle-native and resident) Luke Burbank gets to host Live Wire! and be on Wait Wait Don't Tell Me and Jesse Thorn's Bullseye is distributed by NPR then Earwolf really needs to up its public radio game. It's the next logical step from podcasting. I mean, I bet Sean could pull off his own syndicated conservative talk radio program but with all the intellectual shit Hayes brings to the table Hollywood Handjobs is a bit high-brow for that demographic. Hayes is like Garrison Keeler if he and Jian Gomeshi had an illigitimate lovechild that wasn't half Persian but, like his father before him, still got fired from the CBC for allegations of unwanted sexual advances and "rough sex". What's more public radio than that? You hear that, NPR? You can have your own sex scandal just like a real national broadcaster! Just hire Sean and Hayes!

• Like 3

4 minutes in and already bussin' up.

Almost exactly. Sean's monkey laugh is how everyone should laugh.

• Like 5

Pump the breaks. You can get fired for having rough sex?

I think it would depend on what your job is. If your job is to have sex with delicate, easily startled people, well...you should know better.

• Like 3

Some favorite quotes from this episode:

"...it fed your brain the food of ideas which it needs to grow fat and plump and rich with knowledge." - Sean

"...things that I, as a doughy middle aged man, can understand." - Sean

"Sean, you talk about something. I'm going to find the popcorn song." - Hayes

Bonus - Sean singing along briefly with the PG song.

By the way, what are the stats on this show? It's gotta be more popular than the fellas make it out to be.

• Like 5

Wow what a great cast (thats short for podcast).

Hollywood Handbook forums in tradition with the upcoming Holiday what are you guys thankful for?

I'm thankful for Sean & Hayes, thankful for the food at my desk (hamburger sandwich), and also my great family, especially my great D who I would post a picture of but I do value my privacy and wouldn't want anyone posting pictures of me OR my D on the internet without my consent.

• Like 6

By the way, what are the stats on this show? It's gotta be more popular than the fellas make it out to be.

I think the one with Paul Scheer got nearly 50 listens

• Like 12

So, I've started listening to this little known podcast called Cereal and they said that fifteen years ago Hayes was killed. Hayes, is you a spooky ghost? Because if so, I think Sean has the right to know. Friends don't be spooky ghost and not tell.

• Like 10

I sorta feel personally responsible for that nasty conflict at the end of the show :(

Didn't mean for my P-Corn Quesh to inspire that sort of rage.

But also sorta peeved that the answer to my quesh was swiped for the pro version .

• Like 3

top 10 guest

Absolutely agree. Tracey was a charm. Super sharp and obviously game. Her little buss ups in the background were very satisfying. I wish I knew half as many genuinely good people as Sean and Hayes seem to.

As an aside, the full mouth kissy talk reminded me a lot of that weird bit from Season 4 of Arrested Development. Hidden behind the tags, but it's good stuff.

ABBt7N2.gif

• Like 5

Some favorite quotes from this episode:

"...it fed your brain the food of ideas which it needs to grow fat and plump and rich with knowledge." - Sean

"...things that I, as a doughy middle aged man, can understand." - Sean

"Sean, you talk about something. I'm going to find the popcorn song." - Hayes

Bonus - Sean singing along briefly with the PG song.

I love it when Sean mimicks some of the show's effects. He once did the "whoa-oh" sting they play before ad breaks and it was really good.

And also; race - sean

The stats, or at lest the sound-cloud ones which are the only ones publicly available, are really bad.,

top 10 guest

Agreedo greggy.

• Like 1

Morning, bros. I know you guys are just a bunch of doughy middle-aged men who don't know much about the whirl wide web, so I decided to snag http://www.hollywoodhandbook.website since that's the domain all the teens are using these days. Hope this helps you guys reach out to the younger demographic which you already know so much about and have the same interests.

• Like 6

I got it, gang! We need to help Sean and Hayes get one really big name guest, like Tom Cruise or Liam Neeson. Then mainstream audiences will be exposed to their funnies and will be fans for life! Ok, we need to pool our connections. Who here is a scientologist? And who is Irish?

• Like 4