🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 28 — The Hooray Show

It took me longer than I'd like to admit to get the title "Hooray Show" but I'll admit it anyways. This episode was 40 minutes well spent! I thought Horatio seemed pretty unhinged (in a great way) on his most recent CBB appearance, and now that I'm listening to this it gives me a very similar feeling. It's great that it can bounce around so much and I actually like the cuts between bits; it's a bit different from what I'm used to but the frenetic style actually really works for me.

• Like 1

Ebola soup is a great way to end it all.

Ebola Soup is seriously a classic bit for the ages. So perfect.

• Like 2

Just started the ep. Show immediately won me over with "Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase's entrance music.

• Like 1

Can there be special episodes of this podcast without the regular host, dubbed "Hooray Show, Sans"?

• Like 8

Ebola Soup is seriously a classic bit for the ages. So perfect.

Yeah, I don't know how sarcastic it was supposed to be in terms of playing off of old shtick, but I thought that bit was amazing. Legitimately funny, without any irony, although I'm sure it's done with quite a bit of irony... Which I guess makes it even better. This was a great podcast and I'll definitely listen to more, so hopefully Earwolf picks it up. It sounds like Horatio is set up to do it either way, so I'll listen to it either way too. If they can somehow make it a mix of real, surprisingly deep SNL (or other inside) stories, hilarious bits, and Horatio being himself in between, I will listen to every episode.

• Like 1

It took me longer than I'd like to admit to get the title "Hooray Show" but I'll admit it anyways.

I didn't even get it until I read this and therefore thought about it.

• Like 3

This is perfect because the last three months the only podcasts I've been listening to are when I re-listen to everything Horatio has done on Earwolf. Hoorraaa - tiooo!

• Like 1

Was anyone else like,

*reads title*

*sees that it's Horatio Sanz*

*reads title again*

"OH! I get it!" lol

:D:lol::D:lol:

Brilliant surprise! I love Horatio's presence & character work on CBB and I4H!

Was anyone else like,

*reads title*

*sees that it's Horatio Sanz*

*reads title again*

"OH! I get it!" lol

:D:lol::D:lol:

Brilliant surprise! I love Horatio's presence & character work on CBB and I4H!

I read the title, was like "okay?", then I read it out loud, and went "OH, I get it now!"

• Like 1

Hi Everyone! Thank you all so much for the amazing feedback. Just to reiterate, this will be a weekly podcast beginning in January. I am currently editing together episodes 2,3 and 4 and we are just getting started. We have a wealth of great content, interviews, sketches and more ready to go and look forward to bringing your earholes into bro-bro studios for the foreseeable future.

We are also working on ways to make the show more interactive, so look forward to that as well.

One thing I did want to address directly, an earlier poster had asked if the "Ebola Soup" bit was meant to be ironic or sarcastic. I can assure you it was neither. It was written on a Saturday afternoon with tons of joy and downright giddiness. Horatio and I both share a love for classic radio and television. I personally grew up on a three-album collection of Abbot and Costello that I listened to constantly. In fact, somewhere there is a tape of me and my dad doing "Who's on First" when I was 5 years old. So, think of it more like Lady Gaga doing an album with Tony Bennett. When we had a chance to perform a sketch about Ebola in the style of a classic radio comedy, we took it.

"The Hooray Show" is not just a pun, and it tickles me that it takes people a while to get it, it's a philosophy. We approach the show from a space of joy. We are here to celebrate, not tear down. There will be tons of "inside baseball" (as I like to call it), i.e. behind the scenes conversations with professionals in the comedy business, but our overall approach is to keep it positive. If you want people shitting on goodness, there are plenty of other places to find that.

Please continue to participate in this forum and leave feedback, or if you have any questions, I will try to make myself available. I kind of swore to myself when we released this thing that I wouldn't read the comments, but you guys are so freaking positive (and/or Earwolf does an amazing job of eliminating trolls and negative comments) that I am genuinely excited whenever I see someone post.

Thank you!

Chad Krueger

Producer, The Hooray Show

• Like 13

Hey guys. Remember when I said we were going to make this show more interactive? Now is the chance. The Hooray Show hotline is now open.

917-675-1406

If you would like, call in and sing or jam along to "I wish it was Christmas Today" - We would love to make a mix with everyone singing along. Or whatever you want to do. Or you know what? Just call in... we'll leave the voicemail on for a while and we will listen.

Below are two links, one is a rough mixdown of Horatio and Ben Schwartz singing "I wish it was Christmas today" the other is an instrumental version of the same song

Full song:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zlnd3b4vtauj5n5/christmastoday.mp3?dl=0

Instrumental:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/conehl3l6bhx8rf/christmastodayinstrumental.mp3?dl=0

Use these mixes to sing along. Play them in the background and sing into the phone or if you are with a group of friends, gather around a sing. We are here to celebrate!

Have fun with this and have a happy everything!

CALL NOW!!!

The Hooray Show

oh noes. I just left a terribly embarassing voicemail where I sputter and curse...

trying to record a song on voicemail with no do overs is hard!!

anyway enjoy my xylophone playing and yelling "fuck!" when I get all off track... it might add color or something

Y'all all need to call in now so that I don't have to feel this shame alone

• Like 6

oh noes. I just left a terribly embarassing voicemail where I sputter and curse...

anyway enjoy my xylophone playing and yelling "fuck!" when I get all off track... it might add color or something

I just called in and sang my stupid heart out, hahaha I have such a huge smile on my face this made my day.

I transcribed the lyrics in case anyone needs them

I don't care what your mama says christmas time is near

I don't care what your daddy says christmas time is dear

all I know is that santa sleigh is making its way to the usa

I wish it was christmas today

I don't care what the mayor says christmas is full of cheer

I don't care if you think its a lie christmas will soon be here

I don't care about the cia I do't care what the calendar say

• Like 1

Ho boy. Tempted to call in.

Chad, can you give us any clues on your wifes mystery disease? Could it be lupus?

Shannon, you crushed it. So good! Hooray!

CK

Hey... if you're not doing anything... Horatio and I are taking phone calls at 917-675-1406 right now... 3:27pm PST - New Years Eve.

We're on the air. So far Kelly and Jackie in Vermont, Bobo in South Carolina and Nick in god knows where have all shared in the Hooray!

Don't be shy!

CK

Hey! In case you missed it we will be performing and recording The Hooray Show LIVE this Saturday 1/17 at 9 pm at UCB Sunset. Special guests include co-founders of UCB Matt Walsh and Ian Roberts and perhaps a few more special unannounced guests.

We will be recording what will end up being episode 5 of The Hooray Show that night so if you want to be a part of it, you can get tickets by following the link below.

This is going to be a very excellent show and we're working extremely hard to pull it off live, so if you're in Los Angeles, this is a great opportunity.

We are anticipating the release of Episode 2 - "Cereal" - on Wednesday 1/21 with subsequent episodes coming out every Wednesday after that. This is subject to change, but as of right now, this looks like the schedule.

Teaser: Episode 2 special guests are Lauren Lapkus and Kevin Dorf.

For tickets to the live show, click below. We expect a sell out so get your tickets now!

https://ucbtheatre.com/performance/36322

Chad Krueger

Producer,

The Hooray Show

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this