🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 208.5 — 11/28/14 TWO CHARTED 147

Howard starts off the show with an in depth investigation into how Kulap was courted by “Scottie Too Hottie.” Then, Kulap reveals the second season of Serial, “The Rise and Fall of Being a Power eBay Player,” the story of Howard Kremer. Also, in this weeks “How to Act,” Howard deliberates over doing battle with the self-checkout robot in the grocery store. Later, Stard talks about the making of an all-new Who Charted version of Frozen’s “Let It Go.” Lastly, the gang makes it very clear that Howard is NOT the Cosby of eBay.

I forgot to mention this in the Whooch thread, but Howard may have reached a new level in ad-read zaniness with the newest one, between the a capella Sleigh Ride and his sour cream aside.

• Like 2

hate to stiff-arm here, but London Calling came out in '79... but in December, so Howard was very close. 1980 housed the 10" US compilation Black Market Clash and their massively under-appreciated 3LP juggernaut Sandinista!, which was also a holiday release.

if you have any issues with this comment, please contact my legal representation at the law offices of Jäger & Dong, LLC.

Well, it was actually '79 in the UK and '80 in the US, so he was basically right.

I'm all for seeing what the crew comes up with for a new Kulap chart theme but only if it gets played in tandem with the original b/c that shit is smoooth. Too smooth to retire.

God bless whoever did this:

zePjAJy.png

That is brilliant! I've had the phrase "Not the Cosby of..." in my head for the last few days. It makes me laugh at the idea of that catching on as a term for 'not the worst of.... '

Though shame it seems to have since been removed from the page. Guess Ebay snitches are trying to keep the man down.

New 2014 Holiday Single!

20141201_123429_4052_682034.png

If you already have the bundle, pick it up for $0.99. If you don't have the bundle, get it now! It's not an option for chartists.

20141201_123551_4052_682035.jpeg

• Like 1

I was so happy to hear Howard make fun of that line in the TSwift song because it stood out to me as well.

to me, the issue is why brag about being able to "turn a bad guy good for a weekend"? It is basically saying, 'I'm hot enough that a bad guy will act like a nice guy for a weekend in order to have sex with me and then return to being a bad boy immediately after'

doesn't that just mean that bad guys know they have to put on an act to get in her pants, and it works?

I was so happy to hear Howard make fun of that line in the TSwift song because it stood out to me as well.

to me, the issue is why brag about being able to "turn a bad guy good for a weekend"? It is basically saying, 'I'm hot enough that a bad guy will act like a nice guy for a weekend in order to have sex with me and then return to being a bad boy immediately after'

doesn't that just mean that bad guys know they have to put on an act to get in her pants, and it works?

i haven't listened to tooch but the whole point of Blank Space is it is a satirical song making fun of her whole public persona of always needing a man in her life, jumping from relationship to relationship, etc so she isn't reaaally bragging. So maybe this was in fact covered on tooch but just in case it wasnt.

Kulap's got the same birthday as my lil' sister!

That T-Swift song sounds like something Max Martin wrote for Avril Lavigne but then shelved back in the day.

Sign in to follow this