🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 533 - I Only Date White People

Andrew Ti and special guest Ify Nwadiwe finish the week off by discussing a caller’s question regarding Black women saying they only date White men. As always, leave us a message about anything you think is racist at (323) 389-RACE.

"Comedy is about being funny and that's it" -- "No it's not"

I can guarantee the people who say this kind of thing, who don't recognize that good comedy comes from life experience, and that comedians should just "be funny", and that they shouldn't be "internet activists", etc... These are people who are fans of Jeff Dunham and Carlos Mencia and Larry the Cable Guy. The biggest fakers who are playing the most cartoonish caricatures and saying the most hollow and lazy shit, y'know? These people are the ones who also watch all the terrible sitcoms on TV like, "Two and a Half Men" and are loving it. LOVING IT. Just. Cracking. Up.

It's like they have trained themselves to "enjoy" nothing, which is why they can't tell there's no substance there, and why they firmly believe that their brand of "comedy" is the only way to go (they're always about ONE way to do something, aren't they? They're probably the crazy religious zealots who turn other people into atheists because they're so militaristic in dismissing other cultures & religions). They just don't get how shitty their stuff is, and how much more enriching EVERYTHING is when it's pulled from life experiences. Just pure close-mindedness.

They're the fucking worst.

--

Don't know why, exactly, I decided I needed some racism this Thanksgiving racism, but I'm glad I checked in and had a listen now. Ify is a great guest! Good ep.

"Comedy is about being funny and that's it" -- "No it's not"

I can guarantee the people who say this kind of thing, who don't recognize that good comedy comes from life experience, and that comedians should just "be funny", and that they shouldn't be "internet activists", etc... These are people who are fans of Jeff Dunham and Carlos Mencia and Larry the Cable Guy. The biggest fakers who are playing the most cartoonish caricatures and saying the most hollow and lazy shit, y'know? These people are the ones who also watch all the terrible sitcoms on TV like, "Two and a Half Men" and are loving it. LOVING IT. Just. Cracking. Up.

It's like they have trained themselves to "enjoy" nothing, which is why they can't tell there's no substance there, and why they firmly believe that their brand of "comedy" is the only way to go (they're always about ONE way to do something, aren't they? They're probably the crazy religious zealots who turn other people into atheists because they're so militaristic in dismissing other cultures & religions). They just don't get how shitty their stuff is, and how much more enriching EVERYTHING is when it's pulled from life experiences. Just pure close-mindedness.

They're the fucking worst.

--

Don't know why, exactly, I decided I needed some racism this Thanksgiving racism, but I'm glad I checked in and had a listen now. Ify is a great guest! Good ep.

2 and half men/multi camera sitcoms because you can turn your brain off.

Jokes=/= comedy

I'm relieved to finally hear some smart and funny people discuss their skepticism about "Serial." I've been reading nothing but unqualified praise and it boggles my mind. That show is such a disorganized, annoyingly self-conscious, amateurish mess of a podcast. As Ify mentioned, PLEASE do a full ep on that turd!

• Like 1

I'm relieved to finally hear some smart and funny people discuss their skepticism about "Serial." I've been reading nothing but unqualified praise and it boggles my mind. That show is such a disorganized, annoyingly self-conscious, amateurish mess of a podcast. As Ify mentioned, PLEASE do a full ep on that turd!

As Pardo joked, it's Dateline without the video.

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this